Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus is above ALL

John 3
    10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness,so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

John 3
    John Testifies Again About Jesus

22 After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized. 23 Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were coming and being baptized. 24 (This was before John was put in prison.) 25 An argument developed between some of John’s disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26 They came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan—the one you testified about—look, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him.”

27 To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven. 28 You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ 29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30 He must become greater; I must become less.”

31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

NOTE: Now there is a popular teaching that Jesus is not the highest, for they say The Godhead is above Jesus.

Is John speaking from The Holy Spirit ? If these words are from The Holy Spirit then they have to be totally true.

31 The one who comes from above is above all - The one who comes from heaven is above all

Who is the one who comes from above that John is speaking of here ? John is speaking of Jesus in this whole passage. Jesus is from above and from heaven.

So then Jesus is 31 The one who comes from above is above all - The one who comes from heaven is above all

So should we believe the words of the Holy Spirit written in the Holy Scriptures or should we believe the traditions of men.

As for me I will believe The Holy Spirit recorded in the Holy Scriptures because The Holy Scriptures also tells us that all men are lairs and Jesus tells us beware of the traditions of men.

31 The one who comes from above is above all - The one who comes from heaven is above all

Notice that John tells us this TWICE. God repeats things that are very important.

But we have other men that The Holy Spirit spoke this through also, like Paul:

Philippians 2

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

If The Name of Jesus is above every name then doesn't the Name of Jesus have to be the very highest Name of God. If not it would not be above every name.

BUT The Holy Spirit also tells us again that 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place

What are your thoughts about these scriptures ?
    Last edited by Lou Newton; February 13, 2017, 02:06 PM.

TenneseeLinda comments on facebook:

Linda - "In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was with God and was God"

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
      John 3
      10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness,so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

John 3
      John Testifies Again About Jesus

22 After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized. 23 Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were coming and being baptized. 24 (This was before John was put in prison.) 25 An argument developed between some of John’s disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing. 26 They came to John and said to him, “Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan—the one you testified about—look, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him.”

27 To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven. 28 You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ 29 The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30 He must become greater; I must become less.”

31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33 Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

NOTE: Now there is a popular teaching that Jesus is not the highest, for they say The Godhead is above Jesus.

Is John speaking from The Holy Spirit ? If these words are from The Holy Spirit then they have to be totally true.

Who is the one who comes from above that John is speaking of here ? John is speaking of Jesus in this whole passage. Jesus is from above and from heaven.

So then Jesus is 31 The one who comes from above is above all - The one who comes from heaven is above all

So should we believe the words of the Holy Spirit written in the Holy Scriptures or should we believe the traditions of men.

As for me I will believe The Holy Spirit recorded in the Holy Scriptures because The Holy Scriptures also tells us that all men are lairs and Jesus tells us beware of the traditions of men.

Notice that John tells us this TWICE. God repeats things that are very important.

But we have other men that The Holy Spirit spoke this through also, like Paul:

Philippians 2

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
      7 rather, he made himself nothing
      by taking the very nature of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.
      8 And being found in appearance as a man,
      he humbled himself
      by becoming obedient to death—
      even death on a cross!

9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
      and gave him the name that is above every name,

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
      11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.

If The Name of Jesus is above every name then doesn't the Name of Jesus have to be the very highest Name of God. If not it would not be above every name.

BUT The Holy Spirit also tells us again that 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place

What are your thoughts about these scriptures ?
      The whole thing depends on one's heart. If we seek power and authority, no one will see that the meekness of God and the humility of God is first, so that's why Jesus is the name above all names.

Comment

Of the angels who sinned, and sinful man, all have sinned greatly, and exalted themselves above God, and worshiped themselves above God. They have already received their reward.

Jesus Christ lowered himself, and made himself nothing, and suffered for the sake of God and for His own condemned brethren. None suffered as Christ did, nor can anyone. The Lamb of God, who was slain for God's glory and suffered the wrath of God in our stead deserves the greatest reward. He deserves what is rightfully His! Our loyalty, love, adoration, obedience, praise, blessing, emulation, and much more.

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

The whole thing depends on one's heart. If we seek power and authority, no one will see that the meekness of God and the humility of God is first, so that's why Jesus is the name above all names.
          Amen Tom, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
            Of the angels who sinned, and sinful man, all have sinned greatly, and exalted themselves above God, and worshiped themselves above God. They have already received their reward.

Jesus Christ lowered himself, and made himself nothing, and suffered for the sake of God and for His own condemned brethren. None suffered as Christ did, nor can anyone. The Lamb of God, who was slain for God's glory and suffered the wrath of God in our stead deserves the greatest reward. He deserves what is rightfully His! Our loyalty, love, adoration, obedience, praise, blessing, emulation, and much more.

Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
            Amen and amen Barry. Good comment, thanks.

Comment

Jesus is The First and The Last

Isaiah 44:6

“This is what the Lord says—
              Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
              I am the first and I am the last;
              apart from me there is no God.

God makes it very clear in the verse above that He is The Redeemer, Himself, and that He is The First and The Last, and that there is no God apart from Him.

Isaiah 48

12 “Listen to me, Jacob,
              Israel, whom I have called:
              I am he;
              I am the first and I am the last.
              13My own hand laid the foundations of the earth,
              and my right hand spread out the heavens;

when I summon them,
              they all stand up together

In the passage above God makes it clear that He is the One who is the Creator in Genesis 1

Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The Revelation 1
              7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
              and “every eye will see him,
              even those who pierced him”;
              and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
              So shall it be! Amen.

8“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

The Revelation 1

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Notice that Jesus is talking in the verse above and He is The Living ONE. There is no other.

The Revelation 21

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The Revelation 22

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

There can not be more than ONE who is FIRST.

There can only be ONE who is LAST.

The One and Only God Almighty came down from heaven and was born of a woman to become a Man to shed His Blood on the cross to pay for our sins.

He was BOTH man and God. God became a Man.

As a Man, He was a little lower than the angels, for He was a man.

But His Godhood was The One and Only God Almighty.

Comment

TenneseeLinda commented on facebook:
                February 14 at 4:13pm
                I heard someone say once "a preacher" that when we get to Heaven and look upon the face of God, we will see a slain lamb. I believe Jesus was God on Earth.

Comment

TenneseeLinda commented on facebook:
                  February 14 at 4:13pm
                  I heard someone say once "a preacher" that when we get to Heaven and look upon the face of God, we will see a slain lamb. I believe Jesus was God on Earth.
                  He definitely was Linda; great comment. Amen.

Comment

Jesus is The First and The Last

Isaiah 44:6

“This is what the Lord says—
                    Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
                    I am the first and I am the last;
                    apart from me there is no God.

God makes it very clear in the verse above that He is The Redeemer, Himself, and that He is The First and The Last, and that there is no God apart from Him.

Isaiah 48

12 “Listen to me, Jacob,
                    Israel, whom I have called:
                    I am he;
                    I am the first and I am the last.
                    13My own hand laid the foundations of the earth,
                    and my right hand spread out the heavens;

when I summon them,
                    they all stand up together

In the passage above God makes it clear that He is the One who is the Creator in Genesis 1

Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

The Revelation 1
                    7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
                    and “every eye will see him,
                    even those who pierced him”;
                    and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
                    So shall it be! Amen.

8“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

The Revelation 1

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Notice that Jesus is talking in the verse above and He is The Living ONE. There is no other.

The Revelation 21

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The Revelation 22

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

There can not be more than ONE who is FIRST.

There can only be ONE who is LAST.

The One and Only God Almighty came down from heaven and was born of a woman to become a Man to shed His Blood on the cross to pay for our sins.

He was BOTH man and God. God became a Man.

As a Man, He was a little lower than the angels, for He was a man.

But His Godhood was The One and Only God Almighty.
                    Did you see this post Tom ?

Comment

God shows Ezekiel a vision of the likeness of the glory of God:

Ezekiel 1 New International Version (NIV)

Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision

1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. There the hand of the Lord was on him.

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze.8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose.20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome. 23 Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

25 Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

We see in this vision of God revealing the appearance of the likeness of His glory, high above it all was God appearing as a figure of a man.

The highest glory of God was the fact that He created us in His image AND that God was born of a woman to become a Man to shed His blood for us.

I would think there has to be some questions about this passage.

Lou Newton

Comment

God shows Ezekiel a vision of the likeness of the glory of God:

Ezekiel 1 New International Version (NIV)

Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision

1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. There the hand of the Lord was on him.

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze.8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose.20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome. 23 Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

25 Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

We see in this vision of God revealing the appearance of the likeness of His glory, high above it all was God appearing as a figure of a man.

The highest glory of God was the fact that He created us in His image AND that God was born of a woman to become a Man to shed His blood for us.

I would think there has to be some questions about this passage.

Lou Newton
                        I am quite surprised that there is no questions about this passage. I find anything about Jesus to be very interesting to me.

Doesn't anyone even wonder why the wheels were covered with eyes ?

Comment

Did you see this post Tom ?
                          I did read it, yes. It would seem to me that people then, as well as people now, struggle with the meekness of God. We want to worship his power, but don't want to be used as Jesus was used; a servant to ALL. That's why people have a hard time seeing Jesus as the God of all, saying he's just the son. I think the devil tries to hide that fact as much as he's allowed to do, that Jesus and the Father are the same being.

Comment

The eyes are significant of His ability to see all. Even the smallest of them and to not run them over.

Comment

The Scriptures tell us that the eyes are the windows to the soul. Many eyes allow many people many opportunities to be able to see the attitudes, intents and purposes of God. This was the thing going on in the Holy of Holies, seeing into the Heart of God and thus KNOW Him. Unrighteous priests seeking their own gain, were drug out by their feet for their pretentious arrogance. Jesus only shares His Heart with those that He calls His Friends. And in order to do that, He must change us. He changes our name from Jacob,(usurper, supplanter and deceiver) to Israel,(one who has struggled with God and with man and has prevailed). He is the Great Rock of Stumbling. The righteous are broken by it, and the unrighteous are crushed to dust by it. From the beginning of time until now, the Kingdom of God has suffered violence, and violent men take it by force. But like Jacob, we live, but go forward with a bit of a hitch in our giddy-up. I think Ezekiel's vision may have something to do with this..

Comment

Working...
                              X