• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communion Lord's Super Eucharist

References:
    1 Corinthians 11:23 -29 (NASB)
    The Lord’s Supper
    23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
    27 Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. 28 But a man must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. 29 For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly.

Hebrews 10:29 (NASB)
    29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace

Communion -
    The Supper of the Lord should bring us to tears if we spend the time to prepare our hearts and our remembering of what the elements of the Super represent. By comparison the broken body and the blood of the New Covenant makes the sacrifices of the Sinai Covenant meaningless and valueless.

The reason some object to sacramentalism (grace imparted through the sacraments) is this doctrine claimed to apply grace mechanically by the actions of a priest, and those who object to sacramentalism take their own Supper of the Lord without sufficient spiritual preparation or expectation.

I am severely disappointed that congregations do not stand and praise God along with the heavenly angels when a convert is baptized.

While the bread, the wine, and the water are just bread, wine, and water, contrary to being just material or fleshly feelings, the Holy Ghost is not just the feeling of emotion. The Holy Ghost always comes powerfully with grace when the Supper of the Lord and baptism are obeyed. The same is true for prayer, worship, service, and Bible study.

In the spiritual reality baptism and communion are moments where the believer experiences grace as the touch of the LORD. However, for those who are not of the Holy Spirit, baptism and communion are mere ordinances to be obeyed.

A personal note: Once, a person I had recently lead to the Lord commented on my behavior when reading the Bible. "You get so excited."
    I had never thought about this previously. It seemed very appropriate to be excited about reading the words of divine revelation. Why wouldn't everyone be excited? My reply was to explain that when I read the Bible the Holy Ghost speaks to me through the words. I said I do not always get excited - sometimes I cry. My baptism was also a moment of grace experienced as the touch of the LORD.

In these experiences, for me the element of being graced by God seems essential. Thus, in a spiritual sense, baptism and communion are sacramental rather than ordinances. For me the same is true - a sacramental experience of grace - for prayer, worship, service, or Bible study are all experiences of spiritual highs - communion with the LORD. Because of this communion with the LORD, I must be cautious when leading in prayer so as not to become overly pious or an embarrassment for others.

Labeling such communions with God as an ordinance could have only been done by those who did not experience God in these endeavors.
Working...
X