Who is Michael The Archangel ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Michael The Archangel ?

Is there any being that's more powerful than archangels (except God)?

Lou Newton
    Lou Newton, former Steel Mill Crane Designer and Physics Teacher
    Answered 6h ago

One person answered that mankind was more powerful than an Archangel. That is ridiculous:

Hebrews 2

What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    a son of man that you care for him?
    7 You made them a little lower than the angels;
    you crowned them with glory and honor
    8 and put everything under their feet.”

So men are created a little lower than the angels.

Keep in mind while reading this article, that to call someone God who is not God is a very serious error. I am fully aware of that fact. BUT it is also just as serious to claim that God is NOT God. That is the error that the Pharisees made and they went to destruction for that error. Being able to recognize Jesus is a very important issue. I would strongly recommend that everyone who reads this to humble themselves and ask The Lord to reveal the truth by His Holy Spirit. After asking do not make up your own mind, BUT wait for His answer.

BUT the Archangel is NOT an ordinary angel. Men assume the because an Archangel is mentioned then there is more than ONE. That is the same as assuming because God is mentioned there is more than one God. There is One and Only One God. Also there is One and Only One Archangel in spite of what the popular opinion is.

Archangel means FIRST Angel. Angel means messenger from heaven. So it is not valid logic to assume that all angels are created angels. If one looks in the Book they will see that God is the Messenger from heaven that appears the most times to men. Also who is The First ? Jesus is the First and the Last. No one is before Jesus. He is The First.

Lets examine the scriptures about this:

Daniel 10:20-21 (NIV)

20 So he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greecewill come; 21 but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth.(No one supports me against themexcept Michael, your prince.

Note from Lou: Who was Daniel’s Prince? Who appeared in the furnace to save the three men who were thrown into the fire ? The King said, He looks like the Son of God. The Lord Jesus was Daniels Prince and no one else.

Daniel 12:1

[ The End Times ] “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.

NOTE: Notice who Daniel’s people are, not the Jews; but everyone whose name is found written in The Book. That is every person who trusts in Jesus to save them. That would include Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and everyone who trusts in God to save them. Who is The Great Prince who protects Christians. Also who comes after the time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. That would be Jesus.

Isaiah 9

6 For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Jesus is not only the Prince of Peace, He is the only Prince of Heaven. God is the One and Only King and Jesus, the Son, is the One and Only Prince.

Jude 1:9

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

NOTE: Notice the word EVEN. How could the Holy Spirit convince us not to slander the Devil. EVEN God did not slander the Devil. Now some will argue that the Lord would not say “The Lord rebuke you!” BUT that is not true for here the Lord says just that:

Zechariah 3 (NIV)

Clean Garments for the High Priest

3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan[a] standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?”

Revelation 12:7

Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.

NOTE: Notice it says Michael and his angels. So who angels are they ? They are the Lord’s Angels.

Daniel 10:13

But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

Dan 10:13 But the princeH8269 of the kingdomH4438 of PersiaH6539 withstoodH5975 H5048 me oneH259 and twentyH6242 days:H3117 but, lo,H2009 Michael,H4317 oneH259 of the chiefH7223 princes,H8269 cameH935 to helpH5826 me; and IH589 remainedH3498 thereH8033 withH681 the kingsH4428 of Persia.H6539

H259

אֶחָד

'echâd

ekh-awd'

A numeral from H258; properly united, that is, one; or (as an ordinal) first: - a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any (-thing), apiece, a certain [dai-] ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.

H7223

רִאשֹׁן רִאשׁוֹן

ri'shôn ri'shôn

ree-shone', ree-shone'

From H7221; first, in place, time or rank (as adjective or noun): - ancestor, (that were) before (-time), beginning, eldest, first, fore [-father] (-most), former (thing), of old time, past.

H8269

שַׂר

śar

sar

From H8323; a head person (of any rank or class): - captain (that had rule), chief (captain), general, governor, keeper, lord, ([-task-]) master, prince (-ipal), ruler, steward.

Remember that the translations are NOT the Holy Scriptures but they are translations of the Holy Scriptures. No translation is perfect and anyone seeking truth can prove that fact. Translations disagree in some places. BUT no translation is complete, and being incomplete is not perfect. The Hebrew and Greek are the only two major languages where the characters are used for letters and numbers. If one uses the characters for numbers instead of letters many other messages are found in the Holy Scriptures. Ivan Panin proved the Bible was written by God by using them as numbers. He was an atheists who set out to prove that it was not from God. He also proved to himself that God was real and became a Christian by his work with the numbers.

The men who translated this passage made the error of assuming that Michael was not God and therefore the words in Hebrew could not mean what they plainly said. So instead of translating this “The Chief Prince” they changed it to “one of the chief princes”. BUT how many Kings are there in heaven. ONE and ONLY ONE King, and that is God. God alone is on the throne. So what is a Prince? That is the Son of the King. How many Only Begotten Sons of God are there ? Well that is obvious because the word “ONLY” tells us there is only ONE. There is One and Only One Prince in heaven and that is The Lord Jesus. So Michael is The Chief Prince in heaven and that is The Lord Jesus.

So who is FIRST ? Who is the ONE, FIRST in rank ? Who is Lord ?

Michael is simply the FIRST heavenly messenger who is Lord. Michael is the Name The Lord uses when He is Commander in Chief of The Lord’s army.

So is there anyone more powerful than The Archangel ? NO, for Archangel means First Angel and that is The Lord Jesus who has the highest Name in the earth and in heaven.

Remember that The Lord promised to reveal His secrets to His friends. His true friends seek Him and Him alone for the truth. His true friends do not seek tradition or mere men for the truth. Also remember that when Jesus walked the earth the leaders of the church of the day rejected Him and it was few that realized that Jesus was, and is God Almighty.
Working...
X