Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Adam's sin the first sin on the earth ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Adam's sin the first sin on the earth ?

Many claim that there was no death before Adam sinned. They claim that the earth was perfect before he sinned.

I ask, was Adam's sin the first sin on the earth ?

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Many claim that there was no death before Adam sinned. They claim that the earth was perfect before he sinned.

I ask, was Adam's sin the first sin on the earth ?
    Interesting question, Lou. Here's some rough thoughts.

In the story of Genesis we see the first evidence of malevolence in the serpent.

In Eze 28 we see what is commonly interpreted as God's decree against Satan. Many think this entity's fall occurred before the foundation of the world, or before man was created.

In Joh 8:44, Jesus says of the devil, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

The devil transgressed from the beginning (of his fall, when he became the devil?) We know that Satan walked up and down in the earth. We don't know when he started doing that. Some think the angels had a shot at life on earth before God made man--that seems a little shaky to me, but I can't be dogmatic about it either way. According to fossil records and the trustworthiness of paleontologists, the dinos certainly seemed to not be all herb eaters. If dogs and cats are termed "evil beasts" because they eat blood, what were carnivorous dinos if not evil beasts magnified a hundred times? So how should we think about the dino age in terms of the Bible? Did Satan pervert God's creation to make those evil beasts? Men try to fit the flood into the last 6000 years to accommodate a young earth, but what if it was way longer ago than 6000 years?

Adam may have sinned from his own beginning, but there are some constraining factors: Adam was not alive at the beginning of creation; sin was not imputed until the law (in my view, when God gave the commandment not to eat from the bad tree); Adam and Eve did not break God's law until they ate from the bad tree, but they were deceived by the evil intent of another prior to that transgression.

Satan seems to be the original sinner to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post

Interesting question, Lou. Here's some rough thoughts.

In the story of Genesis we see the first evidence of malevolence in the serpent.

In Eze 28 we see what is commonly interpreted as God's decree against Satan. Many think this entity's fall occurred before the foundation of the world, or before man was created.

In Joh 8:44, Jesus says of the devil, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

The devil transgressed from the beginning (of his fall, when he became the devil?) We know that Satan walked up and down in the earth. We don't know when he started doing that. Some think the angels had a shot at life on earth before God made man--that seems a little shaky to me, but I can't be dogmatic about it either way. According to fossil records and the trustworthiness of paleontologists, the dinos certainly seemed to not be all herb eaters. If dogs and cats are termed "evil beasts" because they eat blood, what were carnivorous dinos if not evil beasts magnified a hundred times? So how should we think about the dino age in terms of the Bible? Did Satan pervert God's creation to make those evil beasts? Men try to fit the flood into the last 6000 years to accommodate a young earth, but what if it was way longer ago than 6000 years?

Adam may have sinned from his own beginning, but there are some constraining factors: Adam was not alive at the beginning of creation; sin was not imputed until the law (in my view, when God gave the commandment not to eat from the bad tree); Adam and Eve did not break God's law until they ate from the bad tree, but they were deceived by the evil intent of another prior to that transgression.

Satan seems to be the original sinner to me.

Thanks Barry, good comments.

We know that Satan sinned when he lied to Eve. That was before they ate of the tree.

But original sin was from Satan and not man. We know that Satan was there before Adam sinned. He was already on the earth. Satan can not tell the truth. Everything he says and does in sin. So he was the god of this world.

But God was not taken by surprise. Also God allowed Satan into the garden to tempt Eve. God also put the forbidden tree in the middle of the garden. God did not tempt Adam and Eve to sin, but he did allow Satan to tempt them.

Who told the earth to bring forth the animals, but God. He designed everyone of them. Does God give useless gifts? Does he design things well or not so well ?

Look at the teeth on a Tyrannosaurus Rex. How would they eat grass with those teeth. Look at the teeth of the dinos that ate plants. They are designed to eat plants.

Who left man the fossil record if not God ? The fossil record left by God tells us that these dinos lived a long time ago and died a long time ago. Way before man ever was created.

The garden may have been a paradise, but that does not mean the whole earth was.

How would a lion eat grass with the teeth it was given ? Why would it have such claws if it did not use them ? Cows do not have claws.

There are many questions we can ask. I do not think we can be so dogmatic about the earth when Adam was created.

We know that the words of God are misunderstood by many. We may not understand many of His words ourselves.

Here is a question that came to me today. Most seem to think that man did not eat meat until after the flood, but think he ate nothing but plants instead. But it was Cain, who grew the plants, not Able. Able was a shepherd. Why would Abel be a shepherd if he did not eat meat?

Where did raising plants lead Cain ? Did raising animals help Able be thankful ? Killing a plant does not show a man that something innocent had to die for him to have life. Killing an innocent animals does just that.

Is the vegan movement one that honors God ?

Comment

It is not evil to kill an animal. Those of PETA claim that it is murder. But I have found that those who belong to PETA seem to be arrogant, inconsiderate of others and hate God.

God told Israel to kill an innocent animal and sacrifice it for their sins. God would not tell anyone to sin.

God killed an animal to make clothes for Adam and Eve after they sinned.

Jesus caught and cleaned fish and was cooking them on a fire in John 21:

7 Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, "It is the Lord," he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water.
        8 The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards.
        9When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.
        10 Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish you have just caught."

It is not evil to kill an animal. They were put here for our benefit.

Comment

Interesting topic, Lou. Certainly food for thought. Some would argue that the T-Rex became extinct during Noah's flood but your viewpoint makes more sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
            Interesting topic, Lou. Certainly food for thought. Some would argue that the T-Rex became extinct during Noah's flood but your viewpoint makes more sense to me.

Thanks for your reply Blane. It is really good to hear from you.

I really did not know what the truth was when I started this search almost 40 years ago.

I prayed and asked The Lord to reveal the truth to me, a blind man, who did not know how to even start my search.

He led me to book after book and scriptures after scripture. Then He led me to many museums and other places that showed us the truth.

The more we searched, the more it became very obvious that the dinosaurs lived and became extinct a very long time before men walked the earth.

I can not reveal the truth about this to anyone. They have to ask The Lord to reveal the truth to them.

The Holy Scriptures are one of the biggest evidences that the dinos lived long before men. If they walked with men, the scriptures would be filled with stories about them and the details would make it very clear that it was speaking about lizards way bigger than houses.

Comment

I've been in the woods for the last several days. Dropped-in here a few times via cell phone while there, but overall connection and service in that area is pretty sketchy. Back home now, but getting ready to head out again for a few more days. I'll try to check in from time-to-time to see what the other registered members' thoughts here might be concerning this topic.
              Last edited by Fisherman; November 9, 2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                I've been in the woods for the last several days. Dropped-in here a few times via cell phone while there, but overall connection and service in that area is pretty sketchy. Back home now, but getting ready to head out again for a few more days. I'll try to check in from time-to-time to see what the other registered members' thoughts here might be concerning this topic.

Thanks for connecting with us Tom. We hope you have a peaceful time in the woods.

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

Thanks for connecting with us Tom. We hope you have a peaceful time in the woods.

Lou
                  And don't forget some char cloth... or brake cleaner. Have a blessed adventure, Tom.

Comment

Working...
                  X