Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brightest pulsar ever found

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brightest pulsar ever found

    NuStar a special space telescope has found the brightest pulsar ever found:

    Remember NuSTAR, the specialized space telescope NASA designed specifically to study black holes? It just found something much, much brighter. Astronomers at NASA have stumbled upon what appears to be the most luminous pulsar ever discovered, but they almost mistook it for a black hole. After measuring the dead star's output, they found it was outputting as much energy as 10 million suns -- shockingly powerful, considering how much smaller it is than our own star. Astronomers aren't sure why the pulsar is so bright, but will continue to study in hopes of learning how common or uncommon this kind of pulsar is. The discovery kind of shakes up what theorist knew about black holes and ultraluminous x-rays, underlining how little we really know about the universe out there. Check out NASA's gallery of images at the source link below.
    Now a pulsar is a rotating neutron star. A neutron star is the remnant of a supernova. When a large star explodes into a supernova the core collapses into a very dense neutron star. A neutron star is only about 12 miles in diameter. But it has the a mass that is several times the mass of our sun.

    Think of how heavy a thimble full of this material would be. It would be like compressing a 747 down into a grain of sand. So a thimble full of this material would weigh as much as thousands of 747's.

    How does it get so dense ? Well after the star explodes into a supernova, gravity is then the run away force in the core of the star. The nuclear reaction has stopped that causes an outward force to oppose gravity. So gravity crushes the star down into this tiny neutron star that is only 12 miles in diameter.

    When this takes place, the force of gravity becomes so strong that it pushes the electrons into the nucleus of the atoms. This causes the protons in the nucleus to become neutrons. A neutron is simply a proton and a electron combined. So the whole star then is made up of neutrons; therefore the name, NEUTRON STAR.

    This shows how dense the nucleus of an atom is. For the neutron star is simply made up of the nucleus of atoms with no electrons orbiting around it.

    This new neutron star that was just discovered is putting out as much energy as 10 MILLION OF OUR SUNS. This all from an object 12 miles in diameter.

    It is hard for me to believe men that consider themselves rational, believe that this universe was a random event.

    Lou Newton

  • #2
    I used to think that because I don't have the inside scoop, God could have made the universe do what He wanted by creating randomness "just right" with His mind or by creating order with His hands. I was not sure which I would be more impressed with. He knows everything, so is anything really random to God? He is all powerful, so is anything really hard for God?

    Now I know we really don't know much about the universe, and even less about God.

    These things you present, Lou, are amazing to ponder. My head feels like a red giant--well, abstractly speaking. Thank you!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      I used to think that because I don't have the inside scoop, God could have made the universe do what He wanted by creating randomness "just right" with His mind or by creating order with His hands. I was not sure which I would be more impressed with. He knows everything, so is anything really random to God? He is all powerful, so is anything really hard for God?

      Now I know we really don't know much about the universe, and even less about God.

      These things you present, Lou, are amazing to ponder. My head feels like a red giant--well, abstractly speaking. Thank you!
      Thanks for the comment Baruch.

      If you read these threads about the universe I will try to show how these things are very strong evidence that the same God wrote the bible and also created the universe. This evidence is so strong that I would call it mathematical proof.

      The mathematical proof that God wrote the Bible and also created the universe is so strong that any honest mathematician that studied it would say it is impossible for there not to be a God and also it is impossible that this same God did not write the Bible.

      Lou

      Comment


      • #4
        Now I know we really don't know much about the universe, and even less about God.
        I pray we all have an eternity to learn about the universe and the God that created it all!

        Lou, I simply cannot even begin to fathom the idea of a 12 mile wide star with the energy of 10,000,000 of our suns.
        And to think that it all came into being by some accident??? Preposterous.
        You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
        - Paul Washer
        Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
        - Lou Newton

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jules View Post
          I pray we all have an eternity to learn about the universe and the God that created it all!

          Lou, I simply cannot even begin to fathom the idea of a 12 mile wide star with the energy of 10,000,000 of our suns. And to think that it all came into being by some accident??? Preposterous.
          Well you get it, you really get it !!!

          It takes extreme planning and extreme wisdom to create something like this.

          Thanks so much for your comment Jules.

          Lou

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
            NuStar a special space telescope has found the brightest pulsar ever found:



            Now a pulsar is a rotating neutron star. A neutron star is the remnant of a supernova. When a large star explodes into a supernova the core collapses into a very dense neutron star. A neutron star is only about 12 miles in diameter. But it has the a mass that is several times the mass of our sun.

            Think of how heavy a thimble full of this material would be. It would be like compressing a 747 down into a grain of sand. So a thimble full of this material would weigh as much as thousands of 747's.

            How does it get so dense ? Well after the star explodes into a supernova, gravity is then the run away force in the core of the star. The nuclear reaction has stopped that causes an outward force to oppose gravity. So gravity crushes the star down into this tiny neutron star that is only 12 miles in diameter.

            When this takes place, the force of gravity becomes so strong that it pushes the electrons into the nucleus of the atoms. This causes the protons in the nucleus to become neutrons. A neutron is simply a proton and a electron combined. So the whole star then is made up of neutrons; therefore the name, NEUTRON STAR.

            This shows how dense the nucleus of an atom is. For the neutron star is simply made up of the nucleus of atoms with no electrons orbiting around it.

            This new neutron star that was just discovered is putting out as much energy as 10 MILLION OF OUR SUNS. This all from an object 12 miles in diameter.

            It is hard for me to believe men that consider themselves rational, believe that this universe was a random event.

            Lou Newton
            Astounding discovery. Absolutely beyond comprehension. Just think...if mankind has discovered this profound mystery, who knows how many things even more profound are yet undiscovered in the vastness of God's universe.

            Blane

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blane View Post
              Astounding discovery. Absolutely beyond comprehension. Just think...if mankind has discovered this profound mystery, who knows how many things even more profound are yet undiscovered in the vastness of God's universe.

              Blane
              Thanks for the comment Blane.

              Click on the link in the thread "How do black holes form" and watch that video. The collision of two neutron stars release more energy IN TWO SECONDS than an ENTIRE GALAXY DOES IN A YEAR. Our galaxy has about 100 BILLION STARS. Think of how much energy 100 billion stars put out in a year.

              If one of these took place even in our neighbor hood it would destroy all life on the earth. Out of the thousands of stars that are close enough to do this, none has done so in billions of years. Just one of these in our part of the galaxy would have put a stop to all life if it took place in any time of the last several billion years. It would sterilize the earth of life for a very long time.

              This is why space is so vast. Distance is our protection from these events. Look at Genesis 1 and see that God gathers and SEPARATES. That separation is what makes life possible.

              God has put a special protection around our earth. Life is NOT random. The earth and our solar system is very very rare.

              Lou
              Last edited by Lou Newton; October 11, 2014, 07:34 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
                Thanks for the comment Blane.

                Click on the link in the thread "How do black holes form" and watch that video. The collision of two neutron stars release more energy IN TWO SECONDS than an ENTIRE GALAXY DOES IN A YEAR. Our galaxy has about 100 BILLION STARS. Think of how much energy 100 billion stars put out in a year.

                If one of these took place even in our neighbor hood it would destroy all life on the earth. Out of the thousands of stars that are close enough to do this, none has done so in billions of years. Just one of these in our part of the galaxy would have out a stop to all life if it took place in any time of the last several billion years. It would sterilize the earth of life for a very long time.

                This is why space is so vast. Distance is our protection from these events. Look at Genesis 1 and see that God gathers and SEPARATES. That separation is what makes life possible.

                God has put a special protection around our earth. Life is NOT random. The earth and our solar system is very very rare.

                Lou
                What an awesome God we serve!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Blane View Post
                  What an awesome God we serve!
                  Amen, more than any of us know. Read my latest post on the thread, "How do black holes form".

                  Lou

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Can't wait for Heaven, when we can experience the magnitude of His creation

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TennesseeLinda View Post
                      Can't wait for Heaven, when we can experience the magnitude of His creation
                      Thanks for your comment Linda.

                      Amen. Yes the creation is awesome by just what we can see with the eye. But the more I study it the more awesome it is. The real gems of truth are hidden just as diamonds are hidden. One has to search, but one has to look where diamonds are found. Both the Holy Scriptures and His creation are diamond mines full of truth that is awesome.

                      But we will see THE CREATOR who has created all of this. He is way beyond His creation.

                      1 Cor 2
                      God’s Wisdom Revealed by the Spirit

                      6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:


                      “What no eye has seen,
                      what no ear has heard,
                      and what no human mind has conceived”—
                      the things God has prepared for those who love him—


                      10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

                      The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,


                      “Who has known the mind of the Lord
                      so as to instruct him?”

                      But we have the mind of Christ.

                      Lou

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It is really so easy to see how immense and intricate our Creator's creation is. The more we study it, the more we discover how astounding its scope and intricacy is. Sometimes isn't hard to imagine how one might revere the creation and get lured into worshiping it.

                        Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
                        But we will see THE CREATOR who has created all of this. He is way beyond His creation.
                        Which puts it in focus. It is impossible for me to imagine a God way beyond this creation. I don't mean a faith challenge, rather a challenge of my power of imagination and understanding. Impossible. But it doesn't stop me from speculating and imagining.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                          It is really so easy to see how immense and intricate our Creator's creation is. The more we study it, the more we discover how astounding its scope and intricacy is. Sometimes isn't hard to imagine how one might revere the creation and get lured into worshiping it.



                          Which puts it in focus. It is impossible for me to imagine a God way beyond this creation. I don't mean a faith challenge, rather a challenge of my power of imagination and understanding. Impossible. But it doesn't stop me from speculating and imagining.
                          Thanks Baruch,

                          Certainly Jesus is far beyond our ability to even imagine His Glory.

                          Lou

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X