How should we interpret the numbers of the Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should we interpret the numbers of the Bible

I have written quite a few posts on this site the last few days about The Bible and Creation:

http://creationrevolution.com/how-sh...ent-2018250025

I post this for anyone who might want to read them and also may want to post themselves on the article above.

Lou

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    I have written quite a few posts on this site the last few days about The Bible and Creation:

http://creationrevolution.com/how-sh...ent-2018250025

I post this for anyone who might want to read them and also may want to post themselves on the article above.

Lou

Thanks for sharing this link, Lou. I especially liked your comments in this post...

Blane

Originally posted by Lou
    Jorg - My son has an IQ of 160 and he has believes The Bible is true. I have an IQ of 140 and I certainly have been convinced that The Bible is from God. Isaac Newton probably had an IQ of over 200 and he said that anyone that said The Bible was not true was in great error. Ivan Panin was one of the worlds greatest mathematicians and he was an atheist. But when he set out to prove the Bible was not from God, he proved instead that is was from God and became a Christian. Moses lived about 3400 years ago and wrote down the correct order of the fossil record way before it was known. The math chance of that happening is factorial 5. Factorial 5 equals 1 in 120. But Moses got 12 things in the right order that was not known until recently. That chance is factorial 12. That is one chance in 479,001,600. But that is only true IF Moses had a list of the 12 events that took place. He did not have that list of course. Further he lived in a time when men were saying that the earth was held up by four large elephants that were held up by a large tortoise. So the chances of Moses getting those 12 events correct are beyond our ability to write down that large of a number. I am a mathematician and God has proven to me that the Bible is His book by math. When I took the math placement test at the University I attended, I got the highest score that anyone had got in 14 years. That is how long that test had been being given. I got 48 out of 50 correct. But you see the test was also for upper classmen that were transferring from another University, so half of it was calculus. But I had never had calculus before I took that test. You see I had taught myself how to do calculus and did not know I was using calculus. So I think I have a functioning brain. Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, and Newton were the four very smart men that discovered the foundations that science stands on and they ALL believed The Bible was true. Your statement is one of extreme ignorance and even more extreme arrogance. You think anyone that does not hold your opinion to be stupid. I think that your attitude shows the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
      Thanks for sharing this link, Lou. I especially liked your comments in this post...

Blane
      Thanks for the reply Blane.

I would like to also quote the man's post that i was replying to:

Jorg37 keyboardshark 2 days agoYou don't need to be present to know something is made up. All you need is a functional brain.

He was saying that anyone with a functioning brain would not believe the bible. So I sound like I am boasting to make my point that I have a functioning brain and still believe The Bible.

I am willing to make a fool out of myself to preach the Truth on the gospel.

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
        Thanks for the reply Blane.

I would like to also quote the man's post that i was replying to:

Jorg37 keyboardshark 2 days agoYou don't need to be present to know something is made up. All you need is a functional brain.
        He was saying that anyone with a functioning brain would not believe the bible. So I sound like I am boasting to make my point that I have a functioning brain and still believe The Bible.

I am willing to make a fool out of myself to preach the Truth on the gospel.

Lou
        Hi, Lou,

That is a very interesting exchange. It makes manifest the unnavigable gulf between the wisdom of man and God. Even sound logic cannot cross the gulf. Only the Spirit can, and He has chosen the Gospel as the way.

The other contributor mentioned Lee Strobel. Strobel, an investigative reporter, is a very intelligent man. He was a firm atheist, and I suppose while he was an atheist he would have been acknowledged by the atheist poster Jorg37 as having a functional brain. What was Strobel's malfunction when he stepped on the path with expectations of proving Jesus Christ has no substance, and instead ended up being convinced of the opposite? If I recall correctly, Strobel spent two years in hard investigation and listened to and read a vast sample of viewpoints. Atheists, and surely Satan himself, had great opportunity to dissuade him.

What does Strobel's story have in common with Panin? Or yours, mine, and our brothers and sisters. It seems clear to me that Strobel was given a love of the truth that overruled the love of his error. Indeed he expected to debunk Christ, but it seems he desired to serve the truth rather than himself. I believe grace was already working in him before his investigation began.

God tells us those that don't love the truth are given over to delusion. And the result of confronting such a one with the truth is offense, rage, and hardening of the heart. It is certainly not difficult to see the evidence of this. How can the truth be received without supernatural intervention?

God also tells us seek and ye shall find. I have seen evidence of this, and am personally convinced of this truth. Lee Stroble and Ivan Panin, as well. All who are under grace were once the captives of our error. Yet the Lord also tells us that no one seeks Him. He draws us, and this by the mystery of the cross.

I am so grateful you and others preach the Gospel, Lou. What a blessing from God who is worthy of all praise and honor. And what glory when He transforms one of us, speaking light into darkness, life into a dead and stony heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Hi, Lou,

That is a very interesting exchange. It makes manifest the unnavigable gulf between the wisdom of man and God. Even sound logic cannot cross the gulf. Only the Spirit can, and He has chosen the Gospel as the way.

The other contributor mentioned Lee Strobel. Strobel, an investigative reporter, is a very intelligent man. He was a firm atheist, and I suppose while he was an atheist he would have been acknowledged by the atheist poster Jorg37 as having a functional brain. What was Strobel's malfunction when he stepped on the path with expectations of proving Jesus Christ has no substance, and instead ended up being convinced of the opposite? If I recall correctly, Strobel spent two years in hard investigation and listened to and read a vast sample of viewpoints. Atheists, and surely Satan himself, had great opportunity to dissuade him.

What does Strobel's story have in common with Panin? Or yours, mine, and our brothers and sisters. It seems clear to me that Strobel was given a love of the truth that overruled the love of his error. Indeed he expected to debunk Christ, but it seems he desired to serve the truth rather than himself. I believe grace was already working in him before his investigation began.

God tells us those that don't love the truth are given over to delusion. And the result of confronting such a one with the truth is offense, rage, and hardening of the heart. It is certainly not difficult to see the evidence of this. How can the truth be received without supernatural intervention?

God also tells us seek and ye shall find. I have seen evidence of this, and am personally convinced of this truth. Lee Stroble and Ivan Panin, as well. All who are under grace were once the captives of our error. Yet the Lord also tells us that no one seeks Him. He draws us, and this by the mystery of the cross.

I am so grateful you and others preach the Gospel, Lou. What a blessing from God who is worthy of all praise and honor. And what glory when He transforms one of us, speaking light into darkness, life into a dead and stony heart.
          Thanks Barry, some good info here.

You should consider posting this on their site. All you have to do is sign up with facebook or one of four different ways.

You could simply copy and paste this to their site.

Lou

Comment

Working...
          X