Bill Nye - Ken Ham debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Nye - Ken Ham debate

I have wrote over a dozen replies to this article on another site. I post it here if anyone is interested in reading them.

There is definitely things The Lord revealed to me that are written about in these replies that are not on our site.

It is easy to find my posts, they are headed with the name, Lou

http://creationrevolution.com/bill-nye-says-ken-ham-debate-allowed-him-to-explain-to-millions-why-its-disastrous-to-believe-creationism-is-possible/

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    I have wrote over a dozen replies to this article on another site. I post it here if anyone is interested in reading them.

There is definitely things The Lord revealed to me that are written about in these replies that are not on our site.

It is easy to find my posts, they are headed with the name, Lou

http://creationrevolution.com/bill-nye-says-ken-ham-debate-allowed-him-to-explain-to-millions-why-its-disastrous-to-believe-creationism-is-possible/

Sorry that link did not take you to the site where I made my posts. I copy and pasted the web address but it simply does not work. Sorry again.

Comment

The link works okay for me.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, Lou.

Lou, I'm being blessed by this lengthy exchange between you and the two YE'ers who refuse to hear. I especially liked the part below that I highlighted in blue...

Originally posted by Lou Newton
        RT - I have never said that God did not create the heavens and the earth in 6 days. But the scriptures never state that the 6 days are 24 hour earth days. The passage in NOT only about the creation of the earth, but also the heavens. Why would God use an earth day to measure time of a whole universe. A galactic day is around 250 million earth years. But as I have already said, the Hebrew words translated "day" means a period of time. You are welcome to believe whatever you decide. And it was the Pope who started the earth day interpretation. Before that there was much discussion of what kind of day God was speaking of. But I asked The Lord to reveal the truth to me, and His promise is that he will do just that if we seek The Truth. I had no care what the truth was, just wanted to know the truth. Are you saying he did not keep His promise. Did you ask Him to reveal the truth about this to you ?
        Did you read the passage I copied in Col. It is clear that the 7th earth day Sabbath was NOT the reality, but only a shadow of the real Sabbath, The real Sabbath is Christ. Do you deny that Christ is the real Sabbath ? I rest in Him, do you. I no longer work for my salvation, but trust in Jesus to save me. Yes, Jesus gives me light tasks to do, but they are not heavy, or hard work. They are a pleasure and not work. I worship Him 24-7 and not just on one day a week. I seek Him 24-7 and not just one day.
        Hebrews 4
        A Sabbath-Rest for the People of God
        1 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.
        2 For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith.
        3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, "So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.' " And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world.
        4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work."
        5 And again in the passage above he says, "They shall never enter my rest."
        6 It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience.
        7 Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts."
        8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.
        9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;
        10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.
        11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.
        God makes it clear in this passage that those who trust Him to save them have entered His rest. NOW if we enter HIS REST, it should be obvious that he is in that rest with us.
        That does not mean that God does not work. He is resting from creating, but still works in other ways.
        Just as I no longer struggle to make my self righteous. That was very hard work with no rest, because it was a job that I could not ever get done, I could never rest from that struggle. But now I have entered His rest and depend on His blood to cover me with his forgiveness.

see more 0

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
          Lou, I'm being blessed by this lengthy exchange between you and the two YE'ers who refuse to hear. I especially liked the part below that I highlighted in blue...

see more 0
          Thanks Blane for coping this reply here. I am very thankful for The Lord's grace allowing us to see His Truth.

I have talked to many JW about Jesus being God Almighty. Talking to the older entrenched ones seems to be a waste of time. They do not even consider, let alone pray about what has been said to them, even when you show them right in the scriptures that Jesus is God.

BUT I also found that the trainee would listen and you could see that they were struck by the truth of the scriptures. I would often find that they left the JW.

I find that talking to many of these YE people is like talking to JW. They do not even consider what was said. But my hope is that someone who reads will see the truth.

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
            The link works okay for me.
            Thanks for letting me know..................Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
              Thanks Blane for coping this reply here. I am very thankful for The Lord's grace allowing us to see His Truth.

I have talked to many JW about Jesus being God Almighty. Talking to the older entrenched ones seems to be a waste of time. They do not even consider, let alone pray about what has been said to them, even when you show them right in the scriptures that Jesus is God.

BUT I also found that the trainee would listen and you could see that they were struck by the truth of the scriptures. I would often find that they left the JW.

I find that talking to many of these YE people is like talking to JW. They do not even consider what was said. But my hope is that someone who reads will see the truth.

Lou
              Speaking from experience, I'm humbled to confess that God has been breaking me over a period of years of a similar deficiency. That is, my natural propensity has always been to close my mind to new information on a given topic once I reach a firm conclusion regarding my belief on that topic. The roots of that behavior can be traced to pride and idolatry. Pride in one's ability to sort out a matter without falling into deception; Pride in one's intellect that negates further investigation or consideration when new facts are presented; Idolatry of one's belief system that trumps even scriptures that appear to contradict one's belief system; Idolatry of one's pet theologians or doctrines of men who have publicly stated their stance on the matter.

Lou, I appreciate you brother. God has used you many times over the years to help me to prayerfully consider various doctrines and church teachings regarding controversial subjects. It is disheartening sometimes to realize how much being taught from pulpits today is built on the doctrines of men and church traditions. In fact, it may be as bad today as it was when Jesus clashed with the Scribes and Pharisees in the first century. Those religious zealots loved their places of authority and their legalistic belief system more than they loved God.

It is the same today.

Blane

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                Speaking from experience, I'm humbled to confess that God has been breaking me over a period of years of a similar deficiency. That is, my natural propensity has always been to close my mind to new information on a given topic once I reach a firm conclusion regarding my belief on that topic. The roots of that behavior can be traced to pride and idolatry. Pride in one's ability to sort out a matter without falling into deception; Pride in one's intellect that negates further investigation or consideration when new facts are presented; Idolatry of one's belief system that trumps even scriptures that appear to contradict one's belief system; Idolatry of one's pet theologians or doctrines of men who have publicly stated their stance on the matter.

Lou, I appreciate you brother. God has used you many times over the years to help me to prayerfully consider various doctrines and church teachings regarding controversial subjects. It is disheartening sometimes to realize how much being taught from pulpits today is built on the doctrines of men and church traditions. In fact, it may be as bad today as it was when Jesus clashed with the Scribes and Pharisees in the first century. Those religious zealots loved their places of authority and their legalistic belief system more than they loved God.

It is the same today.

Blane
                This is sad, but true.

The first time I listened to the whole Bible on tapes in one long weekend, I was struck by the fact that many denominations were built on scriptures that were only mentioned once in the Bible. Groups separate themselves from others over a doctrine that God did not see fit to preach more than once. Further these same groups had neglected things that The Lord had preached on every single page of the Bible.

I was struck by how The Lord had spoke about idolatry on almost every page, yet it was almost never preached about from the pulpit. Further if it was preached about, the only things that were mentioned as possible items of idolatry were things that the preacher was willing to give up.

It seems these same men never even considered, or asked God, about their pet doctrine being idolatry.

Some men had claimed that one had to be dipped in water to be saved. It seems that if one was baptized by Jesus Himself, with His Holy Spirit, meant nothing unless these church leaders had dipped a person in water. If one would claim that The Holy Spirit of Jesus has baptized them and filled filled them with His Holy Spirit, they would claim that Jesus does not do that today and he has put them in charge of baptizing men. So really they are considering The Lord Jesus as a dead Man, for they claim he does not walk or talk today.

Others claimed that unless one of their chosen leaders laid hands on you, the blood of Jesus would have no effect. They were blinded to the fact that they were putting the hands of sinful men above the precious blood of our dear Lord, who is Almighty God. For according to them His blood will not save anyone without the laying on of their sinful hands.

These groups are all cults, for they claim that one can not be saved unless they follow their pet doctrine. According to them the blood of Jesus is not able to cleanse by itself. And The Baptism of His Holy Spirit is not able to save unless the person also follow their pet rule.

Many put The Holy Scriptures above The Author who wrote them. While the Holy Scriptures are THE Book, that is written by God Almighty, it is still mere paper and ink and can not speak on it's own. No mere man can understand it unless The Holy Spirit reveals the Truth to the reader. So of course The Holy Spirit is the true guide, when he speaks to us while we read His Book.

These men are really putting their ability to understand The Book, above the Book. For they follow their understanding of The Book and will not consider the very words in The Book when they contradict their pet doctrine. So they trample underfoot the very Book they claim to worship.

It is just as Jesus warned us. That men would gather other men after themselves, instead of pointing men to Christ.

There are no words in The Book that are outdated. The Book is timeless and will always remain as True, for they are written by The One who was before time, and The One who created time itself.

Lou Newton
                Last edited by Lou Newton; May 30, 2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X