Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tale of two popes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A tale of two popes

    From the article:

    The Roman Catholic Church celebrates its second Two-Pope Christmas this week. Is there greater significance behind this than meets the eye?


    Is the Vatican actually giving us a sign “in plain sight,” to be understood by "those who have eyes to see and ears to hear"?


    Peter and Paul, Church founders

    In very general terms, one could say that Peter and Paul single-handedly founded the worldly and temporal structure of Roman Catholicism, out of which centuries later Protestantism would also spring. It's no wonder that the Church honors their joint solemnities on the same day: June 29 - The Feast of Saints Peter and Paul.


    Let's fast forward to the present-day Church. As in a mirror, are we seeing a modern reflection of those two Roman Church Founders who worked together, lived together and almost died together, in the two Pontiffs who today also live and work together and who will in all likelihood also die together in Rome: Pope Francis (the "true" pope) and the retired pope "emeritus" Benedict XVI?


    http://rt.com/op-edge/216779-pope-ca...stmas-vatican/

    My comments.

    I find it interesting that RT (Russia Today) carries this op-ed. RT has a cable news channel and a reputation for delivering unapologetic pokes to the establishment's chin.

    It is a speculative article and goes off script for what the RCC wants its followers to think. Yet it goes deep enough into RCC deception to frame our thoughts for us, and gives us the questions we should be asking. Unfortunate for me, I don't speak Argentinian so the referenced web site and the op-ed's author are beyond me.

    I was disturbed by this article. Not its pronouncement of some of the institution's shady and controversial things: its Roman Empire foundation; its evil history; its political motives; its covert nature belying the subtext of its many dark intrigues, machinations, secrets, including every heinous crime and its coverup; and Malachi's pope list, how remarkably accurate it might be, and whether the past few generations of the Vatican cabal have been endeavoring to stick to the script to some dark end.

    No. What disturbs me is the delivery of this junk. As if the RCC is human, as if it has a heart for God's people, as if it has a love of and dispenses the truth, as if it has a conscience that can be swayed and we ought to be waiting with baited breath to hear what it will say about itself when it entreats our begging for its secrets.

    As if it would ever come clean and open its history to inspection. I don't like to think of what would happen if verifiable, historical, horrific truth came out of its own vaults.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    From the article:

    The Roman Catholic Church celebrates its second Two-Pope Christmas this week. Is there greater significance behind this than meets the eye?


    Is the Vatican actually giving us a sign “in plain sight,” to be understood by "those who have eyes to see and ears to hear"?


    Peter and Paul, Church founders

    In very general terms, one could say that Peter and Paul single-handedly founded the worldly and temporal structure of Roman Catholicism, out of which centuries later Protestantism would also spring. It's no wonder that the Church honors their joint solemnities on the same day: June 29 - The Feast of Saints Peter and Paul.


    Let's fast forward to the present-day Church. As in a mirror, are we seeing a modern reflection of those two Roman Church Founders who worked together, lived together and almost died together, in the two Pontiffs who today also live and work together and who will in all likelihood also die together in Rome: Pope Francis (the "true" pope) and the retired pope "emeritus" Benedict XVI?


    http://rt.com/op-edge/216779-pope-ca...stmas-vatican/

    My comments.

    I find it interesting that RT (Russia Today) carries this op-ed. RT has a cable news channel and a reputation for delivering unapologetic pokes to the establishment's chin.

    It is a speculative article and goes off script for what the RCC wants its followers to think. Yet it goes deep enough into RCC deception to frame our thoughts for us, and gives us the questions we should be asking. Unfortunate for me, I don't speak Argentinian so the referenced web site and the op-ed's author are beyond me.

    I was disturbed by this article. Not its pronouncement of some of the institution's shady and controversial things: its Roman Empire foundation; its evil history; its political motives; its covert nature belying the subtext of its many dark intrigues, machinations, secrets, including every heinous crime and its coverup; and Malachi's pope list, how remarkably accurate it might be, and whether the past few generations of the Vatican cabal have been endeavoring to stick to the script to some dark end.

    No. What disturbs me is the delivery of this junk. As if the RCC is human, as if it has a heart for God's people, as if it has a love of and dispenses the truth, as if it has a conscience that can be swayed and we ought to be waiting with baited breath to hear what it will say about itself when it entreats our begging for its secrets.

    As if it would ever come clean and open its history to inspection. I don't like to think of what would happen if verifiable, historical, horrific truth came out of its own vaults.
    Peter and Paul, Church founders

    In very general terms, one could say that Peter and Paul single-handedly founded the worldly and temporal structure of Roman Catholicism, out of which centuries later Protestantism would also spring. It's no wonder that the Church honors their joint solemnities on the same day: June 29 - The Feast of Saints Peter and Paul.
    This opening about Peter and Paul was enough for me to see this was pure bunk.

    These mere man are not the founders, they did not work together or live together.

    The RCC has murdered more people that Hitler or even Stalin. This fact is detailed right in their own Vatican Library.

    They claim Pete was the first Pope. Peter, the man who said during his crucifixion, that he did not deserve to die like Christ. The RCC is persecuting Peter after his death by claiming he was the first Pope.

    The RCC does not magnify Paul as much as Peter, for Paul's writings stand against what the RCC teaches.

    Lou

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      Unfortunate for me, I don't speak Argentinian so the referenced web site and the op-ed's author are beyond me.
      You made a funny. I caught that

      Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      I was disturbed by this article. Not its pronouncement of some of the institution's shady and controversial things: its Roman Empire foundation; its evil history; its political motives; its covert nature belying the subtext of its many dark intrigues, machinations, secrets, including every heinous crime and its coverup; and Malachi's pope list, how remarkably accurate it might be, and whether the past few generations of the Vatican cabal have been endeavoring to stick to the script to some dark end.

      No. What disturbs me is the delivery of this junk. As if the RCC is human, as if it has a heart for God's people, as if it has a love of and dispenses the truth, as if it has a conscience that can be swayed and we ought to be waiting with baited breath to hear what it will say about itself when it entreats our begging for its secrets.

      As if it would ever come clean and open its history to inspection. I don't like to think of what would happen if verifiable, historical, horrific truth came out of its own vaults.
      Some day it will be made known.

      Talk about having a lot of skeletons in your closet.

      Travis

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Travis View Post
        You made a funny. I caught that



        Some day it will be made known.

        Talk about having a lot of skeletons in your closet.

        Travis
        (Ha, I didn't know I made a funny. That's funny.)

        Yeah. Skeletons with rotting flesh on 'em.

        What I was thinking was, when the truth comes out, and if it's really, really bad--like burn the harlot bad--and the harlot has convinced everyone that she is the bride of Christ, all who bear His name will be villainized. You know, kinda like how people point to early RCC and says, "See??? See what happens when Christians go extreme?" Only it'll be far worse. They didn't burn her that time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          (Ha, I didn't know I made a funny. That's funny.)

          Yeah. Skeletons with rotting flesh on 'em.

          What I was thinking was, when the truth comes out, and if it's really, really bad--like burn the harlot bad--and the harlot has convinced everyone that she is the bride of Christ, all who bear His name will be villainized. You know, kinda like how people point to early RCC and says, "See??? See what happens when Christians go extreme?" Only it'll be far worse. They didn't burn her that time.
          Satan seems to have figured out pretty well what tactics work. The whole making his own straw man of 'christianity' to do evil in the name of Christ in order to have the world hate the true Christians without a cause seems to work over and over again. I think you're probably right about how that might play out.

          Many early Christians were put to death for being atheists. That's kind of ironic in a sense. I am sure we can expect to see even more ludicrous charges brought against us in the future.

          Travis

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Travis View Post
            Satan seems to have figured out pretty well what tactics work. The whole making his own straw man of 'christianity' to do evil in the name of Christ in order to have the world hate the true Christians without a cause seems to work over and over again. I think you're probably right about how that might play out.

            Many early Christians were put to death for being atheists. That's kind of ironic in a sense. I am sure we can expect to see even more ludicrous charges brought against us in the future.

            Travis
            I blog on several sites to preach the gospel of Christ to the world. I am constantly being opposed by atheists and they have three arguments that they use constantly:

            1 - Christ can not be real because of all the evil Christians have done. Of course they usually list the terrible evil done by the RCC.

            2 - The Bible can not be true because of the laughable version of creation it tells about in Genesis 1. They then go on to list how this disagrees with science that has been proven long ago. Of course they are not speaking of Genesis 1 at all, but they are ridiculing the interpretation of Genesis 1 that is so popular in the church that was started by the Pope long ago.

            3 - They do not know God and so they assume that no one can find him. So they also assume that He is not real, because he is not real to them.

            God gets a bad name because of the evil done by people who claim to be His people. Of course this would include the RCC, but it also is true for the Jews, and sadly, it is also true about us.

            Lou

            Comment


            • #7
              Incy Wincy Spider 11586

              Lou wrote:
              "God gets a bad name because of the evil done by people who claim to be His people."

              Sad but so true.

              I think the atheists who truly want to find the truth will find it. Some atheists are closer to the Kingdom of God than some who profess to be Christians but have become like warm. If we stay true to the foundation of the Word then people will enquire about the hope that is within us. They will recognize the peace we have that the world cannot give.

              Comment

              Working...
              X