Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oprah - preacher of lies

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oprah - preacher of lies



  • #2
    I need not hear her again - ever. When she first rose to prominence with her talk show in 1986 and all the ladies were enthralled with Oprah, I was offending nearly everyone in saying she taught ideas opposed to the Bible. I was the guy who was being unfair to this nice and kind lady. I was accused of being prejudice. Who was I to say her religious faith was not biblical?

    More recent wisdom has taught me to wait for a question about Oprah and many other things. When the Holy Spirit convicts a person that something is not right, then the truth is easily accepted, and I am not casting pearls before swine, and there is more peace in my life. If this simple lesson taught to me by the Spirit had been taught and learned while I was young I might still be ministering in a little country church. Everything in the Bible cannot be stuffed down people all at once. People must grow in grace as taught by the Holy Spirit rather than preached to by a minister who thinks he knows it all. Biblically, it is referred to as shepherding.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by glen smith View Post
      I need not hear her again - ever. When she first rose to prominence with her talk show in 1986 and all the ladies were enthralled with Oprah, I was offending nearly everyone in saying she taught ideas opposed to the Bible. I was the guy who was being unfair to this nice and kind lady. I was accused of being prejudice. Who was I to say her religious faith was not biblical?

      More recent wisdom has taught me to wait for a question about Oprah and many other things. When the Holy Spirit convicts a person that something is not right, then the truth is easily accepted, and I am not casting pearls before swine, and there is more peace in my life. If this simple lesson taught to me by the Spirit had been taught and learned while I was young I might still be ministering in a little country church. Everything in the Bible cannot be stuffed down people all at once. People must grow in grace as taught by the Holy Spirit rather than preached to by a minister who thinks he knows it all. Biblically, it is referred to as shepherding.
      Hi Glen,

      I agree with what you say. We are not called to try to force the truth down the throats of anyone. But certainly the truth can be offered to all who will consider it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Is there anyone one this forum who does not know the evidence about Oprah or Hillary?

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm sure there is much more evidence than we are aware of. The cover up is blatant and dispicable. It is quite unfortunate that there is nobody to stand in the breach, and bring Hillary Clinton and those like her, to justice.
          Its in God's hands and He has the power to reconcile or recompense any and all situations and circumstances.
          It still infuriates me that nobody in a position to right wrongs or expose darkness, has got the stones to do something. Anything.
          Blessings.

          Comment


          • #6
            Brother Steve, are you suggesting a stoning? Is that a reference to the physical male body or archaic or just biblical?

            I haven't a clue to the credibility of Dick Morris. He seems to think the justice system has picked up the stones and are ready to hurl them at the Clintons. Remember how the big banks were too big to fail or prosecute meaningfully? The same was true for Trump and his financial disaster. The rich and powerful can still have all the witnesses murdered. It wouldn't be the hundredth time either - much less the first. Lou wants to be assured we will vote for the right one in 2020. I already know whom I am not voting for. Anyone that runs for office.

            Comment


            • #7
              Brother Glen, not voting is a detriment to our election system. Are you suggesting that the election is/was rigged?
              I wouldn't be surprised as much as disappointed. I am hoping for the Lord's intervetion and through much prayer, our president will retain his office for another 4 years. But your vote always helps. Blessings brother.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by glen smith View Post
                Is there anyone one this forum who does not know the evidence about Oprah or Hillary?
                Glen, there are many people who have not joined this forum, that do read it often. In fact there are many more people who read it that are not members, than members.

                I get comments about my articles on Facebook and on Quora. They read those articles here of course.

                There is always hope in any situation with The Lord Jesus. People said that there was no hope for our nation and that Hillary was going to be elected and there was no hope that Trump would be elected. I was praying, and The Lord told me that Hillary was not going to be elected and for us to pray for our nation and our leaders. Shortly there after Hillary lost to the shock of most. Trump may be very immature, but he is a new Christian and we all were immature Christians at one time.

                In hopeless situations The Lord looks for one person to stand against the enemy. Look at the situation with Israel and Saul. The Lord needed one person to stand against the enemy. Johnathon did just that and The Lord defeated the Philistines that day.
                Last edited by Lou Newton; January 12, 2018, 10:46 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                  Brother Glen, not voting is a detriment to our election system. Are you suggesting that the election is/was rigged?
                  I wouldn't be surprised as much as disappointed. I am hoping for the Lord's intervetion and through much prayer, our president will retain his office for another 4 years. But your vote always helps. Blessings brother.
                  Well, some elections here in Texas have been rigged. LBJ's first win was one of many.
                  If I remember correctly there was considerable fraud in JFK's win.
                  Was it ever revealed who actually won in Florida? Bush got the electoral votes.

                  I think casting a ballot without voting for anyone is a meaningless protest until about 12% of the voters are willing to do it.
                  At that point the electorate might encourage other choices.
                  At that point just half of the 12% could determine nearly every election.
                  I will continue to cast a blank ballot.
                  I actually want the casting of a blank ballot to be detriment to the voters current election practices.
                  I suspect that if no one voted in just one election the people could change things.
                  I t could be called the "voteless rebellion."
                  I just want all the candidates to have at least the opportunity to know someone disagrees.
                  If 12% of the voters did this we could have a voice in government.
                  Currently, I do not.

                  I have very little expectations that the electorate has the objectivity to accept or understand how voting is effected.
                  Even Ross Perot, a very politically conservative and rich American, did not understand.
                  His entrance into the presidential race of 1992 elected Bill Clinton with only 43% of the vote over George H. Bush.
                  If he had not entered the race Bush would have won
                  and oral sex would not have entered the vocabulary of all the elementary students I taught at the time.
                  B. Obama understood how the electorate works and used it to win.
                  If fewer people voted he would not have won.
                  People who normally did not vote gave Obama the win.
                  Was this a detriment to the election system?

                  The election system tended to be better, at least in local elections, when organizations like the Masonic Lodge determined winners (before 1954). What gave the Masons such control was their political power to choose screened candidates from their own ranks and elect them as officials and judges.

                  Who wins the presidency has never been determined by my vote.
                  In presidential elections in Texas who wins is never in doubt
                  and the electoral college makes individual votes meaningless.
                  This is the case for most of the states.
                  Presidential campaigns are focused only on the swing states.
                  Seldom do I wish that any of the politicians running would win.
                  I don't think it makes much of a difference who wins.
                  Those who think who wins makes a difference will vote without my condemnation.
                  Corruption and self interest reigns.
                  And what is accomplished in one administration is changed in the next administration.
                  The electorate are just yo yos.
                  There have been many movements aimed at correcting the problem but once in power they become the problem.

                  Most of the education reforms started in Texas with the ideas and money of Ross Perot and then were carried nationally - some by G W Bush as in "No Child Left Behind." Many people dislike these "reforms" and believe them to be negative influences on public education.
                  These reforms meant to help the low performing students, minorities and poor have done the opposite.
                  How do we get rid of them? By voting? For whom?

                  This is just one example of our political problem.
                  Plato might have been correct about the most efficient form of government
                  being a benevolent king with absolute power.
                  Unknowingly, little did he realize that the only qualified candidate for that office would be King Jesus.
                  I'll vote for Him! Oh! I already have or rather surrendered. It is not a vote - is it? It is following.
                  Last edited by glen smith; January 12, 2018, 12:00 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Okay Glen, you win, your vote doesn't matter.

                    But for one reason or another, I believe my vote matters.

                    I am sure it matters to me. Blessings ..... Steve

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by glen smith View Post
                      Is there anyone one this forum who does not know the evidence about Oprah or Hillary?
                      Hi Glen, This article has not only been read by many on Facebook, but some have then posted it on their Facebook page.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                        Okay Glen, you win, your vote doesn't matter.

                        But for one reason or another, I believe my vote matters.

                        I am sure it matters to me. Blessings ..... Steve
                        Win?
                        If my ballot is blank and you continue to cast a vote and it is politics as usual nothing has changed. There cannot be a win here.

                        Other comments are posted at " Introductions."

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X