Acting Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acting Burns

The most important thing in acting is honesty.
    If you can fake honesty you are an accomplished actor.
    George Burns

Actor synonym pretender
    Acting is the only occasion where pretending is a professional asset.
    Why are they not called pretenders or does actor mean pretender?
    old scribe

Con men/women are usually very accomplished actors. In retrospect, actors are usually very accomplished con men/women as are politicians and most preachers that are well known and rich.

Comment

Good observation, brother Steve! Politicians are actors also.

Interestingly, I recently watched a couple short videos about Hollywood actors: some whose roles changed their real lives; and some whose roles caused them to quit. This confirmed for me something I already had understood personally, that affecting a role can have a very serious and lingering impact on one's soul.

And also in life man tends to seek out and fulfill roles (with hues and shades of honesty and integrity) that suit his desires and fit his plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        Good observation, brother Steve! Politicians are actors also.

Interestingly, I recently watched a couple short videos about Hollywood actors: some whose roles changed their real lives; and some whose roles caused them to quit. This confirmed for me something I already had understood personally, that affecting a role can have a very serious and lingering impact on one's soul.

And also in life man tends to seek out and fulfill roles (with hues and shades of honesty and integrity) that suit his desires and fit his plans.
        Hello brother Barry. Thanks for all the post you tender on behalf of us simple minded folk. I have been blessed by the devotionals and expose's.
        I have seen some actors called "method actors" stay in the roll for a long time. Beyond the acting on stage. It most definitely affects the soul as we can act a part in life only to conform to the roll and become that person. Hollywood has pushed the limits of censorship causing most modern day actors to be forced to compromise and do horrific sinful acts on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post

Hello brother Barry. Thanks for all the post you tender on behalf of us simple minded folk. I have been blessed by the devotionals and expose's.
          I have seen some actors called "method actors" stay in the roll for a long time. Beyond the acting on stage. It most definitely affects the soul as we can act a part in life only to conform to the roll and become that person. Hollywood has pushed the limits of censorship causing most modern day actors to be forced to compromise and do horrific sinful acts on camera.
          How sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
            Con men/women are usually very accomplished actors. In retrospect, actors are usually very accomplished con men/women as are politicians and most preachers that are well known and rich.
            We found a bandwagon we all can ride.
            You guys are tougher than I would have thought you would be on the profession and very insightful about consequences of acting.
            Sociopaths are the best actors and con men. They do not even need to study for the part.
            Be true to yourself - character integrity - What you see is what you get - Recognize the person you see in the mirror - A secret life is a life of lies - Be an open book - Wives are the most honest character reference, both good and bad -

The popularity of forums and the internet is that we can pretend to be anything without facing the truth on line.

The Holy Spirit just said, "I've copied all your emails and posts."

This is getting way too personal!

Comment

Working...
            X