Why this site will not be used to condemn Bible Translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this site will not be used to condemn Bible Translations

I have researched many Bible Translations. The New World Translation ( by the Watchtower ) is not even a translation, but the Watchtower simply used their own interpretations for each verse. BUT I would never totally condemn it to anyone reading it. If one is seeking Christ and the truth, they are promised to find the truth.

I knew of a young man whose grandmother gave him a Bible. He was reading it daily. But a leader of a church that opposed that translation condemned it in talking to the young man. He put it down and never read it again, or any other Bible for that matter. Certainly that young man was far better off reading any translation, than none.

Certainly anyone is better off reading ANY translation that not reading The Bible at all. Care should be taken in being critical of any translation. But certainly I will not allow anyone to CONDEMN any translation on this site. That translation could be the only one that someone may have, or it is the one given to them by someone dear to them, or the one they bought in faith convinced that The Holy Spirit told them it is the one they should read.

There are enough atheists who condemn the Bible, we do not need to help their cause.

I have made this simple request before, that no one condemn any translation, or ancient manuscript of the Bible before. That is not much to ask. If anyone can not be abide by this request with respect and courtesy, then they may need to seek another site to make their posts.

That's a god point. It's like making fun or mocking the Jews. A child of Jesus is a true jew, and not a child of the flesh, even though Jewish. Having said that, Jesus was born a jew, and many faithful servants were Jewish in the flesh. And why would we root against anyone. There are circumstances around the globe where a certain translation is the only one available, and God can use any one of them. The United Sates has access to the best of the best translations, and yet how many true Christians are here?

Comment

That's a good point, Lou. We don't need to sow doubt and prevent anyone from reading the Bible. I have used many translations and have my preferred ones. There was a time, recently, when I wouldn't use the one I started with (as a young Christian) that's been in use for over 30 years. But recently I've been rethinking that. I had a great time in Christ as a young Christian and the translation I used didn't send me into the New Age movement or some weird group, ect. No, by using more than one translation that has enhanced my understanding of the scriptures and of God in general.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post
        That's a god point. It's like making fun or mocking the Jews. A child of Jesus is a true jew, and not a child of the flesh, even though Jewish. Having said that, Jesus was born a jew, and many faithful servants were Jewish in the flesh. And why would we root against anyone. There are circumstances around the globe where a certain translation is the only one available, and God can use any one of them. The United Sates has access to the best of the best translations, and yet how many true Christians are here?
        Thanks for the food for thought Tom. It is not the translation we use, BUT it is The God we humble ourselves to and ask Him to reveal Himself to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark FreeMan View Post
          That's a good point, Lou. We don't need to sow doubt and prevent anyone from reading the Bible. I have used many translations and have my preferred ones. There was a time, recently, when I wouldn't use the one I started with (as a young Christian) that's been in use for over 30 years. But recently I've been rethinking that. I had a great time in Christ as a young Christian and the translation I used didn't send me into the New Age movement or some weird group, ect. No, by using more than one translation that has enhanced my understanding of the scriptures and of God in general.
          Thanks Clark for your reply and good points to consider.

Yes, it is not the translation we read that is so important, BUT it is The God we surrender to, and ask Him to reveal Himself to us.

Knowing the Author of The Book is more important than The Book itself. Obviously The Author is far above even The Book, just as He is above His creation.

Comment

Working...
          X