Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chicago

    Hi Guys,

    The Lord really gave me a smooth trip to Chicago. I am really having a good time with my son and his wife.

    I have been able to have a couple of good conversations about The Lord with several people.

    My son and his wife have been researching our ancestry. I was amazed at the people that were my ancestors.

    One of my ancestors was Simon Bradstreet who was Governor of Massachusetts Bay Colony. His wife was a famous American poet.

    There were countless Barons, Counts, Princes, Knights and Kings. Charlemagne was my 34th great grandfather.

    Guess they would not be telling anyone that they are related to me.

    Lou
    Last edited by Lou Newton; September 12, 2015, 01:57 PM.

  • #2
    Lou, I would be honored to be related to you.
    .
    .
    Oh, wait...I believe I am! You are my brother!!

    Very glad to hear you had a pleasant, uneventful journey, and a wonderful holiday with your son and daughter-in-law.
    Don't forget - leftovers for the rest of the visit! LOL!!
    I pray your return trip is safe and speedy, too.
    You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
    - Paul Washer
    Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
    - Lou Newton

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi, Lou,

      I am glad you're having a good time. Heed my warning, brother: don't try to take a nap under the same apple tree with Isaac Newton.

      May the joy of the remainder of your stay be interruption free. =)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jules View Post
        Lou, I would be honored to be related to you.
        .
        .
        Oh, wait...I believe I am! You are my brother!!

        Very glad to hear you had a pleasant, uneventful journey, and a wonderful holiday with your son and daughter-in-law.
        Don't forget - leftovers for the rest of the visit! LOL!!
        I pray your return trip is safe and speedy, too.
        I have the honor of having the funniest woman in the world as my sister Julie.

        Lou

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Hi, Lou,

          I am glad you're having a good time. Heed my warning, brother: don't try to take a nap under the same apple tree with Isaac Newton.

          May the joy of the remainder of your stay be interruption free. =)
          Hi Barry,

          Speaking of Isaac Newton, I am sharing meals with him and staying at his place. We are having long conversations about The Bible, science, and the Bethlehem Star.

          We all watched the Bethlehem Star DVD last night again. We were amazed all over again.

          They had traced my family back to the 500's. We had looked at every generation back to then. I was amazed at their accomplishment. I seen that the name Isaac Newton was a family name going way back.

          Lou

          Comment


          • #6
            Glad you are having a good time with your family Lou. I am afraid to find out my ancestry as it may be I am related to one of the Pharisees or something worse. ..... Steve

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
              Glad you are having a good time with your family Lou. I am afraid to find out my ancestry as it may be I am related to one of the Pharisees or something worse. ..... Steve
              :lol:

              that totally caught me off guard, Steve

              :lol:
              You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
              - Paul Washer
              Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
              - Lou Newton

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jules View Post
                :lol:

                that totally caught me off guard, Steve

                :lol:
                Hi Julie it's nice to be able to fellowship again. Seems we found another island to rest on in the midst of the sea. Happy thanksgiving to all. ...... Steve

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                  Glad you are having a good time with your family Lou. I am afraid to find out my ancestry as it may be I am related to one of the Pharisees or something worse. ..... Steve
                  Steve, being related to one of the Pharisees is much better than being a Pharisee. One can't help who he is related to. But one can trust in Jesus.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
                    Hi Barry,

                    Speaking of Isaac Newton, I am sharing meals with him and staying at his place. We are having long conversations about The Bible, science, and the Bethlehem Star.
                    Good to know you're having a refreshing and blessed Thanksgiving with family, Lou. It's neat that you named your son after someone who was such an accomplished inventor and theologian.

                    Blane

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blane View Post
                      Good to know you're having a refreshing and blessed Thanksgiving with family, Lou. It's neat that you named your son after someone who was such an accomplished inventor and theologian.

                      Blane
                      Thanks Blane,

                      BTW, I did not name Isaac.

                      When I was 39 years old I was working out with weights in my basement. I was bench pressing 175# and it seemed heavy. I used to bench over 300# and this was discouraging. I remembered when I turned 30 it was kind of depressing to not be in my 20's anymore.

                      So I thought to myself, I bet I will get really depressed when I turn 40. Right at that moment I sensed the presence of The Lord Jesus right behind me, like someone would spot someone benching. (that meant he was standing in mt basement wall) The Lord spoke to me ( not in an audible voice) that I was not going to be depressed on my 40th, but it would be the best birthday I ever had. He said further, you are going to have a another son, so he will be child of promise and a child late in life, so name him Isaac.

                      I was not dating anyone at the time. But a little later I started courting Isaac's mom. She had a 40th birthday party for me, and we got married some time later. When I was 44 she told me she was pregnant. I knew that was Isaac.

                      The midwives wanted to give my wife a ultrasound, and we refused. They tried to tempt us to change our minds by telling us that we would get to find out if the baby was a boy or girl. I told them I already knew he was a boy and his name was Isaac.

                      During the delivery when his eyes had just appeared, I said, "hi Isaac, I am your daddy and we love you". The midwives came to me afterwards one by one and said, You really knew he was a boy didn't you". I told them I knew five years before he was born. They were not believers and were mystified.

                      Lou Newton

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Perhaps the most extraordinary thing about me is how ordinary I am and my life as well. The one outstanding event is the night I became a believer.
                        But your life Lou; has been extraordinary in countless ways. I am blessed to know about many of them. If it was someone other than you telling the events that you have, I would have trouble believing them. Thank you for sharing some of your life. ..... Steve

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                          Hi Julie it's nice to be able to fellowship again. Seems we found another island to rest on in the midst of the sea. Happy thanksgiving to all. ...... Steve
                          Hello again, my friend! How are you and how is your family and beautiful grey?
                          You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
                          - Paul Washer
                          Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
                          - Lou Newton

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lou,
                            Are you home yet?
                            Are you home yet?
                            Are you home yet?
                            .
                            .
                            .
                            I pray you have/had a safe journey.
                            You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
                            - Paul Washer
                            Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
                            - Lou Newton

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jules View Post
                              Hello again, my friend! How are you and how is your family and beautiful grey?
                              Hi Julie,
                              Everyone is doing well and thanks to the LORD. Hammy is doing well he turns 23 on Christmas day. I will post a photo of him at his party. He is so healthy and happy and he thrives in the family as he is right in the center of the family room. So he is never left alone for too long.
                              How are you doing and your family and feathered friends? ..... Steve

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X