Obama hates Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama hates Christ

This is not news. It is obvious to anyone who is not completely blind. The ungodly hate God and His Christ. Jesus told us this plainly in both books.

ACLJ has erected the following petition:

Stop President Obama’s Insults to Christianity

At an Easter Prayer Breakfast, President Obama attacked Christians.

He called Christians “less-than-loving.”

He did it surrounding the day Christians celebrate the ultimate gift of love – the day Christ died because He loved us.
    It’s offensive and uncalled for.

But this isn’t the first time he’s insulted Christians.

At the National Prayer Breakfast earlier this year, he demanded Christians get off their “high horse” about Christian persecution. And his Administration has labeled Christians in the military as “extremists.”

We’re fighting back – defending Christians – demanding President Obama apologize.

Add your name to our open letter:

Open Letter to President Obama: Stop Attacking Christians

Mr. President, Christians aren’t “extremists.” We aren’t unloving. We’re not on a “high horse” about persecution. Every day Christians die for their faith. They sacrifice their lives for others. Your comments were wrong and hurtful. Stop maligning the Christian faith.
    Source: http://aclj.org/persecuted-church/st...o-christianity

I'm not tempted to sign this thing. I think it is ill-conceived. It's a social and political statement. It plays the political correctness card, which is something we should hate as a social construct that censors freedom of speech.

I would like Obama to stop smearing Christ's name. But is Obama even mostly to blame? Are not those who call themselves by Christ's name doing it to themselves?

It is pretty clear that Obama does not look at the public church and see Christ. If he did, his slanders would not stick so easily. When one looks at the public church and its goers, I confess it is difficult to see Christ in it.

I'm not fingering anyone or any groups. None is without blame, except in Christ and because of Him. Although, some things came quickly to mind when I considered this situation and this petition:

1. Most do not understand the term "love" as it is used in the Holy Bible. It is much more complex than a warm fuzzy emotion and displays of acceptance. Most do not seem to embrace both of God's commandments as if they are life itself.

2. Jesus said in Joh 13:35, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." If the lost cannot see this, then this fruit is either not present or it is hidden. These things ought not to be.

3. Pro 21:1 says, "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." This includes Presidents and really ought to make us go, hmm, and remember that God raised up Pharaoh to serve His perfect will.

I think ACLJ has the sentiments right. But they are applying a political lever of flesh.

I certainly desire the smear campaign to stop, and especially, more than I can say, the policies that support the slaughter of our brethren abroad. But I feel effective change must come from the heart of the church of Christ's faith, not from fleshy/soulish motives. This is a tall order. I'm thankful nothing is too hard for our God and, whether He heals this nation, He is moving/will move according to His perfect will.

Should we desire a President who hates us and deceives us with a political facade? Or should we desire one who speaks what's in his corrupt heart? I don't know if either one is better, they are both visibly very harmful. The former has lulled the masses in a blind and false peace; the church included. The latter incites unrest and conflict and slaughter, and the church is in the crosshairs.

We seem to be witnessing under Obama's presidency a greater separation of sheep and goats. There is a direct relationship between the people and their leaders. There are indeed other important factors, but they probably don't clarify the consideration of this topic.

Thoughts, anyone?
    Last edited by Baruch; April 9, 2015, 10:35 AM.

Originally posted by Baruch
    I'm not tempted to sign this thing. I think it is ill-conceived. It's a social and political statement. It plays the political correctness card, which is something we should hate as a social construct that censors freedom of speech.
    In agreement. While their intentions may be good, their approach actually runs contrary to scripture. The Bible promises persecution for all who follow Christ. Signing a petition to force a wicked ruler to apologize for bullying Christians seems prideful and futile, at best.

Peace,

Blane

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      This is not news. It is obvious to anyone who is not completely blind. The ungodly hate God and His Christ. Jesus told us this plainly in both books.

ACLJ has erected the following petition:

Source: http://aclj.org/persecuted-church/st...o-christianity

I would like Obama to stop smearing Christ's name. But is Obama even mostly to blame? Are not those who call themselves by Christ's name doing it to themselves?

It is pretty clear that Obama does not look at the public church and see Christ. If he did, his slanders would not stick so easily. When one looks at the public church and its goers, I confess it is difficult to see Christ in it.

I'm not fingering anyone or any groups. None is without blame, except in Christ and because of Him. Although, some things came quickly to mind when I considered this situation and this petition:

1. Most do not understand the term "love" as it is used in the Holy Bible. It is much more complex than a warm fuzzy emotion and displays of acceptance. Most do not seem to embrace both of God's commandments as if they are life itself.

2. Jesus said in Joh 13:35, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." If the lost cannot see this, then this fruit is either not present or it is hidden. These things ought not to be.

3. Pro 21:1 says, "The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." This includes Presidents and really ought to make us go, hmm, and remember that God raised up Pharaoh to serve His perfect will.

I think ACLJ has the sentiments right. But they are applying a political lever of flesh.

I certainly desire the smear campaign to stop, and especially, more than I can say, the policies that support the slaughter of our brethren abroad. But I feel effective change must come from the heart of the church of Christ's faith, not from fleshy/soulish motives. This is a tall order. I'm thankful nothing is too hard for our God and, whether He heals this nation, He is moving/will move according to His perfect will.

Should we desire a President who hates us and deceives us with a political facade? Or should we desire one who speaks what's in his corrupt heart? I don't know if either one is better, they are both visibly very harmful. The former has lulled the masses in a blind and false peace; the church included. The latter incites unrest and conflict and slaughter, and the church is in the crosshairs.

We seem to be witnessing under Obama's presidency a greater separation of sheep and goats. There is a direct relationship between the people and their leaders. There are indeed other important factors, but they probably don't clarify the consideration of this topic.

Thoughts, anyone?
      While every citizen is supposed to have the freedom to speak his opinion, even if it is clearly wrong; Obama is much more than a citizen of this nation. Being the POTUS he is acting in an official status.

The last time he spoke out against Christians, ISIS took that as an excuse to behead many that refused to denounce Christ and confess faith in Allah. Obama was directly responsible for supporting their beheading.

Being that Obama was elected by the people, that brings into question the responsibility of the whole nation in their beheading.

Obama is not merely speaking out against people who profess to be Christians and do not follow Christ. He is speaking as the POTUS and saying that Christians who say that many Muslims are terrorist and murders are being unloving.

Obama also spoke against the Crusades of long ago which officially gave Muslim terrorist today reason to murder Christians who refuse to deny Christ in these Muslim lands today.

On one hand Obama refuses to connect ISIS with Islam. He claims they are not Muslims but just criminals that Islam has no responsibility in creating. Yet on the other hand he claims that Christ was responsible for the false Christians who went on the Crusades.

He is taking a ridiculous position that is not reasonable.

1st of all the Crusades, which even if one takes the position that they were not of Christ; were in response to Muslim attacks that had been going on in Europe for centuries.

It is a historical fact that the Muslims were the aggressors against Europe. They had also been persecuting professing Christians who had been traveling to Israel to visit the land where Christ was born and was crucified.

The Muslims had taken all of Spain, half of Italy, and a lot of Eastern Europe.

Obama is ignoring the truth of history and supporting Islam with plain lies as the POTUS.

The whole nation should stand against their leader stating lies like this as the official position of our nation.

While it is true that "Christianity" is corrupt, it is not Islam. There is a vast difference.

If a past POTUS had spoken like this there would have been an outcry to impeach him immediately. The people would not have tolerated words like this out of the White House many years ago.

I attended a church the other night and was uncomfortable with many things that were said. They are so full of error it is hard to know where to start. They worship three Gods to start with. If you listen closely they do not believe that God Almighty came down from heaven and was born of a woman to shed His blood for them. They think Christ is less than Almighty God. While at the same time, claiming that he is Almighty God. But then quick to state that He is NOT the head honcho.

Their belief of what faith is, is truly in error. They continually claim that whatever they pray for, God will do. They seem to forget who is God and who is the servant.

While many who profess to be Christians, and only Jesus knows who are His and who are not, Christianity is a long way from Islam.

While Satan will work to fill Christianity with error, he would far rather see it gone totally and have the whole world believe Islam.

While in that church the other night, many may have not agreed with what The Lord had me speak, no one called for my beheading for stating that the person who possessed Christ possessed everything there was to possess and lacked not one thing.

ERROR IN CHRISTIANITY IS NOT GOOD. BUT ISLAM IS FAR WORSE.

At least you can still have a Bible in our nation. You can read it and even profess it's truths without being killed.

Close to half the world in in Islam and their are no Bibles in those lands. One can be beheaded for possessing a Bible in those lands. In all of those lands there are very few Christians.

While temptation must come, woe to him that it comes trough. This is from the Scriptures.

While persecution may purify Christians, we are not to be part of it in any way, and in fact we are to stand against it.

While Jesus had to be crucified for us to have life, we were to have no part in beating Him and nailing Him to the cross. While it is true that His disciples deserted Him, they did not take part in actually beating Him with whips.

One who claimed to be His disciple did take part in His crucifixion and he hung himself.

I do not expect Judas to be in heaven, but I do expect Peter and John to be there.

While the Christians were not faithful and made many mistakes, it was the Pharisees that actively sought to kill Jesus.

There is a big difference between being sinful and being antichrist,

There is a big difference between the two groups.

But Islam is even worse. They want to destroy all Bibles.

Paul was a Pharisee, but having a Bible he was finally able to see his error and repent.

Islam is Satan's effort to totally destroy the Bible. In those lands there is no way to read the account of what God has said.

While sunlight is best, thank God for the moon that reflects the light from the sun to the earth at night.

Islam is Satan's attempt at total darkness.

Obama is speaking against two things when he spoke.

He is claiming that Christians are being unloving speaking that Islam is wrong.

He is claiming that Christians are being unloving stating that homosexuality is sinful.

He is NOT stating this as his personal opinion, but he is making this statement while speaking as the official POTUS.

It is to our shame as citizens of the nation that George Washington and others started that the streets were not filled with people protesting against what Obama said that night after he spoke.

It is NOT against free speech to be against those who speak against free speech.

Grace to you
      Lou Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
        While every citizen is supposed to have the freedom to speak his opinion, even if it is clearly wrong; Obama is much more than a citizen of this nation. Being the POTUS he is acting in an official status.

The last time he spoke out against Christians, ISIS took that as an excuse to behead many that refused to denounce Christ and confess faith in Allah. Obama was directly responsible for supporting their beheading.

Being that Obama was elected by the people, that brings into question the responsibility of the whole nation in their beheading.

Obama is not merely speaking out against people who profess to be Christians and do not follow Christ. He is speaking as the POTUS and saying that Christians who say that many Muslims are terrorist and murders are being unloving.

Obama also spoke against the Crusades of long ago which officially gave Muslim terrorist today reason to murder Christians who refuse to deny Christ in these Muslim lands today.

On one hand Obama refuses to connect ISIS with Islam. He claims they are not Muslims but just criminals that Islam has no responsibility in creating. Yet on the other hand he claims that Christ was responsible for the false Christians who went on the Crusades.

1st of all the Crusades, which even if one takes the position that they were not of Christ; were in response to Muslim attacks that had been going on in Europe for centuries.

It is a historical fact that the Muslims were the aggressors against Europe. They had also been persecuting professing Christians who had been traveling to Israel to visit the land where Christ was born and was crucified.

Obama is ignoring the truth of history and supporting Islam with plain lies as the POTUS.

The whole nation should stand against their leader stating lies like this as the official position of our nation.

While it is true that "Christianity" is corrupt, it is not Islam. There is a vast difference.

If a past POTUS had spoken like this there would have been an outcry to impeach him immediately. The people would not have tolerated words like this out of the White House many years ago.

I attended a church the other night and was uncomfortable with many things that were said. They are so full of error it is hard to know where to start. They worship three Gods to start with. If you listen closely they do not believe that God Almighty came down from heaven and was born of a woman to shed His blood for them. They think Christ is less than Almighty God. While at the same time, claiming that he is Almighty God. But then quick to state that He is NOT the head honcho.

Their belief of what faith is, is truly in error. They continually claim that whatever they pray for, God will do. They seem to forget who is God and who is the servant.

While many who profess to be Christians, and only Jesus knows who are His and who are not, Christianity is a long way from Islam.

While Satan will work to fill Christianity with error, he would far rather see it gone totally and have the whole world believe Islam.

While in that church the other night, many may have not agreed with what The Lord had me speak, no one called for my beheading for stating that the person who possessed Christ possessed everything there was to possess and lacked not one thing.

At least you can still have a Bible in our nation. You can read it and even profess it's truths without being killed.

Close to half the world in in Islam and their are no Bibles in those lands. One can be beheaded for possessing a Bible in those lands. In all of those lands there are very few Christians.

While temptation must come, woe to him that it comes trough. This is from the Scriptures.

While persecution may purify Christians, we are not to be part of it in any way, and in fact we are to stand against it.

While Jesus had to be crucified for us to have life, we were to have no part in beating Him and nailing Him to the cross. While it is true that His disciples deserted Him, they did not take part in actually beating Him with whips.

One who claimed to be His disciple did take part in His crucifixion and he hung himself.

I do not expect Judas to be in heaven, but I do expect Peter and John to be there.

While the Christians were not faithful and made many mistakes, it was the Pharisees that actively sought to kill Jesus.

Paul was a Pharisee, but having a Bible he was finally able to see his error and repent.

Islam is Satan's effort to totally destroy the Bible. In those lands there is no way to read the account of what God has said.

While sunlight is best, thank God for the moon that reflects the light from the sun to the earth at night.

He is claiming that Christians are being unloving stating that homosexuality is sinful.

He is NOT stating this as his personal opinion, but he is making this statement while speaking as the official POTUS.

It is to our shame as citizens of the nation that George Washington and others started that the streets were not filled with people protesting against what Obama said that night after he spoke.

It is NOT against free speech to be against those who speak against free speech.

Grace to you
        Lou Newton

^^^^^ If this were a petition, I would sign.

Blane and Lou, thank you for your replies. Lou, you've said a lot here as usual. Given me much good stuff to contemplate.

Comment

Our nation was started to be a place where people could worship Christ how they felt they were led by His Holy Spirit.

It was not started by Muslims or Jews.

It was started by Christians to be a place where Christians could worship Christ as they felt led instead of being told by a King or Priest how to follow Christ.

When our forefathers wrote the US Constitution they intended to start a Christian nation, NOT a nation for Muslims or Jews.

If one reads their writings, they stated many times over that this government would only work for a people who knew the Bible and followed it.

I have a book of the military orders of General George Washington. He orders men to be punished for taking the Lord's name in vain.

He orders all of his men to attend a Christian church of their choice on Sunday.

Washington orders anyone caught in openly supporting, or caught in a homosexual act to be drummed out of the army.

Washington requests over and over for his officers and men to humble themselves and fast and pray for ask for The Lord's help.

When Jefferson looked for a Koran to read so he could understand the Muslim's who were terrorizing our ships, he could not find one copy and had to send overseas for one.

When Jews wanted to also settle in our nation, they were told they would be allowed to live here, but were also told that this was a Christian nation and they were to keep their religion private and to themselves.

For Obama to state that Muslims also helped start this nation is an outright lie.

It was professing Christians who spent their blood, sweat and treasure to build this nation.

While our Republic has laws that support freedom, and even state that a citizen has freedom to worship and also speak as they see fit. That does NOT mean anything can be tolerated.

We are a Republic of laws. Not a democracy where the people can vote for any behavior to be OK.

The majority can not vote to take away the private property of the minority.

The majority can not vote to murder the minority.

Those things were both done in the Greek democracy.

There are several major political groups that can not be tolerated in any free society.

Someone may say this is against freedom.

Well those groups who are against freedom itself can not be tolerated in a free society or it will not remain free.

The Communists believe that they have the right to take away the life and property of others by force of arms. In others words, might makes right. They believe whoever can take a government by force of arms should rule that nation. They then take the private property of anyone that opposed them and even the property of those that fought on their side.

Communists can not be tolerated in a free society that wants to remain free. Because the Communists are against freedom.

The NAZIS really are not much different. They take over a nation by force of arms. Then force everyone to conform to their beliefs. The NAZIS simply killed anyone who disagreed with them, even people of their own party.

When Hitler took over the SA (Brown shirts) on the night of the long knives, the SA leaders were saying, "Heil Hitler" as they were being executed. It was these SA men that brought Hitler into power. But when Hitler thought they were a possible threat to his power, he had them killed.

NAZIS can not be tolerated in a free society because they are against freedom.

There is not much difference between the NAZIS and ISLAM. This is why Hitler was allies with Islam and had Christians executed.

Islam believes that they should FORCE everyone to believe their religion. The Koran teaches that they should murder anyone who does not accept Islam. The Koran also teaches Muslims to lie to non Muslims and act as they are peaceful toward them until they are in a position of power. It is only after they are in power that they reveal their true beliefs and then murder anyone who will not convert to Islam.

Islam can not be tolerated in any nation that wants to remain free.

I have read the entire Koran and speak of what I know to be true.

Looking forward to the comments of others about this.

Grace to you
          Lou Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
            This is true. The President speaks for the nation. Presidents are men, and are not perfect. But they should be capable of behaving responsibly, including speech.

It is an interesting contrast, POTUS vs. a military officer... When I was in the Air Force military officers were under threat of discharge from service if they were simply accused of conduct unbecoming an officer. The mere act of a being accused was grounds for dismissal, guilt or innocence didn't matter. Officers must maintain an image, and if they can't do that they were deemed unfit to lead and unfit to even represent the armed forces.

I don't know how it is today. Seems if you're a genuine patriot you are deemed unfit for service.

I acknowledge that it would have significantly more impact to dismiss a President than a General. But the POTUS has done many things that many people think he should be impeached for, and obviously he doesn't think anyone can stop him, and obviously the people we've appointed won't act on our behalf.

From my perspective, it seems like this picayune thing to try and coerce him to control his speech and yet allow him to carry on destroying the nation.

The mouth speaks out of the abundance of the heart. He speaks this way because of what he believes. And he gets to act on what he believes. He has done much more than speak, or be selectively silent. We could cite Arab Spring, Benghazi, Ukraine, Ferguson, Martin-Zimmerman, immigration, socialist healthcare, international trade, and much more. He is working overtime at social, court, and international intrigue. Because he's getting away with all of that, it is a small thing to speak boldly and get away with it.

On the other hand, I wonder if muzzling him would save innocent lives. In which case I guess we ought to take every small victory.

Another difference is in the past, it seems to me anyway, the public had more of a voice. Today our voice is effectively muffled. Our representatives are buffered from our concerns by layers of phone operators and clerks. It is a federal offense to hold a peaceful protest within 600 feet of a person or gathering under protection of the Secret Service. Policies are in place so that we cannot even speak to a politician at a federal level about Islam. It is a forbidden topic. The media whitewashes "Islam" from all headlines and stories. This is all done by design, with purpose.

Understand, I'm not picking on Muslims. I would love as many as would to put their trust in Jesus Christ. I would be honored to call such brothers and sisters. But I would also be blind and stupid to disregard what looks like a pattern of infiltration and positioning that has been emerging for well over a decade.

Grace to you
            Lou Newton
            To be fair, there are other religions that kill Christians and would outlaw Jesus and destroy all Bibles. But Islam is the one being shoved in our face at the moment, and at present none other comes close to matching its bloodguiltiness in the world. World leaders think they are using Islam so we have a reason to perpetuate war (war is good for business; world united against a common foe, etc.), while Islamic leaders gladly accept the leg up to help build the caliphate.

It is easy to get focused on the boogeyman. Wisdom dictates we shouldn't take our eye off him, but the bigger picture is equally menacing, which you've done a good job describing here, Lou.

I'm persuaded the President's speech does need correcting, especially taking into account what James ch. 3 says about the tongue. I am also sensitive to the double edge of that sword: well, if Obama can't hate-speech Jesus then we can't hate-speech Islam--as if Islam ought to be given an egalitarian status in this nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
              This is true. The President speaks for the nation. Presidents are men, and are not perfect. But they should be capable of behaving responsibly, including speech.

It is an interesting contrast, POTUS vs. a military officer... When I was in the Air Force military officers were under threat of discharge from service if they were simply accused of conduct unbecoming an officer. The mere act of a being accused was grounds for dismissal, guilt or innocence didn't matter. Officers must maintain an image, and if they can't do that they were deemed unfit to lead and unfit to even represent the armed forces.

I don't know how it is today. Seems if you're a genuine patriot you are deemed unfit for service.

I acknowledge that it would have significantly more impact to dismiss a President than a General. But the POTUS has done many things that many people think he should be impeached for, and obviously he doesn't think anyone can stop him, and obviously the people we've appointed won't act on our behalf.

From my perspective, it seems like this picayune thing to try and coerce him to control his speech and yet allow him to carry on destroying the nation.

The mouth speaks out of the abundance of the heart. He speaks this way because of what he believes. And he gets to act on what he believes. He has done much more than speak, or be selectively silent. We could cite Arab Spring, Benghazi, Ukraine, Ferguson, Martin-Zimmerman, immigration, socialist healthcare, international trade, and much more. He is working overtime at social, court, and international intrigue. Because he's getting away with all of that, it is a small thing to speak boldly and get away with it.

On the other hand, I wonder if muzzling him would save innocent lives. In which case I guess we ought to take every small victory.

Another difference is in the past, it seems to me anyway, the public had more of a voice. Today our voice is effectively muffled. Our representatives are buffered from our concerns by layers of phone operators and clerks. It is a federal offense to hold a peaceful protest within 600 feet of a person or gathering under protection of the Secret Service. Policies are in place so that we cannot even speak to a politician at a federal level about Islam. It is a forbidden topic. The media whitewashes "Islam" from all headlines and stories. This is all done by design, with purpose.

Understand, I'm not picking on Muslims. I would love as many as would to put their trust in Jesus Christ. I would be honored to call such brothers and sisters. But I would also be blind and stupid to disregard what looks like a pattern of infiltration and positioning that has been emerging for well over a decade.

To be fair, there are other religions that kill Christians and would outlaw Jesus and destroy all Bibles. But Islam is the one being shoved in our face at the moment, and at present none other comes close to matching its bloodguiltiness in the world. World leaders think they are using Islam so we have a reason to perpetuate war (war is good for business; world united against a common foe, etc.), while Islamic leaders gladly accept the leg up to help build the caliphate.

It is easy to get focused on the boogeyman. Wisdom dictates we shouldn't take our eye off him, but the bigger picture is equally menacing, which you've done a good job describing here, Lou.

I'm persuaded the President's speech does need correcting, especially taking into account what James ch. 3 says about the tongue. I am also sensitive to the double edge of that sword: well, if Obama can't hate-speech Jesus then we can't hate-speech Islam--as if Islam ought to be given an egalitarian status in this nation.
              These are some very good comments Barry.

I hope everyone reads and considers them with prayer.

Thanks for the reply.

It is hard to know which is the more dangerous, ISLAM or THE SECRET POWERS THAT RUN THIS NATION.

While it is true that the some point to TERRORIST as the real danger, that does NOT mean that ISLAM is not even more dangerous than even they point out.

Back in the 1920's, and later, the NAZIS pointed to the Communists as the real danger and the Communist pointed to the NAZIS as the real danger. Turns out that they were BOTH really dangerous. It would be hard to say which group murdered the most people

There are really only two groups of people in this world; those that want to force their will upon you, and those that do not want to force their will upon you.

Anyone in that first group is a very dangerous person if they get into power.

This is why so many homosexuals are so dangerous. They have proven by their actions that they want to force their will upon others. The more power these ones are given , the more dangerous they are.

It is fair to call them the Gaystapo. Of course not all homosexuals are like that. But they are the ones being brought into power right now.

Lou

Comment

Working...
              X