Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antichrist hatred sweeps the entire world

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/07...-entire-world/

This article contains a condensation of news to highlight persecution of Christians in many regions. Well done, Dave Hodges. I've come to appreciate Dave's work more as time passes.

He is right. On one level we should not be surprised by this. But it is still alarming. What sane soul would not be concerned?

On another level it occurs to me that the world doesn't know what it's attacking. It sees what it thinks is the religion of Christ in the form of buildings, images, and confrontational activism. Outward appearances. This is what the world understands.

Some devout practitioners of occult and highly demonized individuals have said and/or demonstrated they can sense the Holy Spirit in others. I believe it. I'd venture their demons sense Him and communicate it to their host. But by and large I think the masses are ignorant; they attack by sight which is effective only up to a point.

When they break down the churches and altars and crosses, bust up assemblies, and pass laws to prevent the "spread of Christianity" I am reminded that God did not come to redeem buildings, altars, props, or assemblies. He came for His people, to build a temple and fashion a body not build with human hands--and therefore unassailable by human hands, even the gates of hell. His people are those in captivity and those in the wilderness, who would be delivered by Him, and follow Him, and call him God and Father in adoration and in truth and in spirit. God's people are being scattered. He will gather again.

While His people are scattered or in captivity, they are not lost. He has said he will never leave nor forsake us, even unto the end of the age. Giving thanks in all things, rejoicing in the Lord, and worshiping Him in secret continually, wherever we are, are foundational. We have examples of men living this way in the old testament, when Jesus Christ had not yet come. How much more blessed are we now that He has come?

What about assembly? There are already laws in some areas of the US that limit the size of home churches. This is a sign, the fist of antichrist is tightening. If a church of 15 cannot assemble, so what. We will lament, certainly and understandably. But where two or more are gathered, there are three: the two and Jesus Christ. There is assembly. I've been given two words that stick with me: Trust Jesus. And call upon His name, ever and always.

Your comments appreciated, brethren.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/07...-entire-world/

This article contains a condensation of news to highlight persecution of Christians in many regions. Well done, Dave Hodges. I've come to appreciate Dave's work more as time passes.

He is right. On one level we should not be surprised by this. But it is still alarming. What sane soul would not be concerned?

On another level it occurs to me that the world doesn't know what it's attacking. It sees what it thinks is the religion of Christ in the form of buildings, images, and confrontational activism. Outward appearances. This is what the world understands.

Some devout practitioners of occult and highly demonized individuals have said and/or demonstrated they can sense the Holy Spirit in others. I believe it. I'd venture their demons sense Him and communicate it to their host. But by and large I think the masses are ignorant; they attack by sight which is effective only up to a point.

When they break down the churches and altars and crosses, bust up assemblies, and pass laws to prevent the "spread of Christianity" I am reminded that God did not come to redeem buildings, altars, props, or assemblies. He came for His people, to build a temple and fashion a body not build with human hands--and therefore unassailable by human hands, even the gates of hell. His people are those in captivity and those in the wilderness, who would be delivered by Him, and follow Him, and call him God and Father in adoration and in truth and in spirit. God's people are being scattered. He will gather again.

While His people are scattered or in captivity, they are not lost. He has said he will never leave nor forsake us, even unto the end of the age. Giving thanks in all things, rejoicing in the Lord, and worshiping Him in secret continually, wherever we are, are foundational. We have examples of men living this way in the old testament, when Jesus Christ had not yet come. How much more blessed are we now that He has come?

What about assembly? There are already laws in some areas of the US that limit the size of home churches. This is a sign, the fist of antichrist is tightening. If a church of 15 cannot assemble, so what. We will lament, certainly and understandably. But where two or more are gathered, there are three: the two and Jesus Christ. There is assembly. I've been given two words that stick with me: Trust Jesus. And call upon His name, ever and always.

Your comments appreciated, brethren.
    It was under persecution from the Jewish leadership and then Rome that Christianity grew.

True followers of Christ have always been persecuted. Jesus was persecuted from the time of His birth until the time of the cross. Who crucified Christ? Was it not the leaders of the church that CLAIMED to worship The Lord Jesus who created everything that exists in Genesis 1.

Who persecuted the followers of Christ after the cross. Was it not the same leaders, that worshiped in the Temple that Solomon built at the direction of The Lord Jesus, who is The One and Only God Almighty. Was it not the very men who had control of the Temple of God, and claimed to be the only ones on the earth who represented Him. But instead of following God they instead had His true followers murdered.

William Tyndale was chased from England for translating The Bible into English so that the common man could read it. It was the leaders of the church of England that wrote the Pope about Tyndale so that the Pope would have him killed. They first strangled him so he could not speak while they burned him at the stake. His great crime was translating The Bible into English. It was later the leaders of this same church of England, that translated the King James Bible and copied Tyndale some places word for word, and did not even mention his name in their bible. So the leaders of the church of England that translated the KJV were both murders and thieves. The only reason they translated the KJV Bible was because so many Tyndale Bibles were being smuggled into England that they wanted to get their version out so the people would read their "authorized" version instead. We would have all been killed with Tyndale for possessing a Bible.

Who do you think the true followers of Christ were, William Tyndale, or the leaders of the church of England ? What version of The Bible is revered today by most churches ? It is the one translated by the true servant of Jesus who died for doing so? Without his work we would have no Bible is English at all. No, it is the version translated by the church who had him killed.

The "other' church in Europe ( The church in Rome) persecuted every man that sought the truth and was brave enough to proclaim it. Galileo was put in prison for the last 15 years of his life for proclaiming that the earth went around the Sun. Bruno was burnt at the stake for the same, so called crime. Many MILLIONS were murdered by the inquisition of the RC church, MILLIONS.

The "reformed" churches were not much better. Kepler was chased out of town and fled for his life and left house and home to save his life. He did this NOT ONCE, BUT FOUR TIMES. What was his great crime that warranted death. He would not say the vow that that wine and bread of communion were the actual blood and body of Jesus. Kepler believed it was only wine and bread. Kepler was a devout reader of the Bible. Kepler had saved the lives of these same towns by telling them when to plant and when not to plant by knowing the seasons by the stars. How many of you believe the wine and bread are the actual blood and body of Jesus. I certainly do not. We would have all been killed by the Lutheran Church of that day.

So do the Christians of today honor the men of science that went to prison and died for the truth. Do they follow the system that these men started ( Sun centered solar system) . NO, most churches follow the earth centered doctrine that the Pope started and had these men killed because they dared to say it was wrong. NOW, of course most men are not so uniformed as to claim the sun goes around the earth, BUT they still keep the rest of this earth centered doctrine and claim the "days" of Genesis 1 are earth days. They center the whole story around these earth days, instead of being centered around the Creator, Jesus. They shun people who do not believe their doctrine. When Jesus has commanded us to treat EVERYONE like we would like to be treated.

The Pilgrims came to America to escape persecution in England. It was the so called " Christian" church of England that persecuted them. John Bunyan was put in prison for preaching the gospel of Christ without a license from the church of England. He was only preaching to a few people as he traveled around fixing pots and pans.

There are TWO WOMEN in almost every story of the Bible. The one represents the true followers of God, the other one represents the ones who CLAIM to follow God, but do not.

God promised Abraham children as the sands of the seashore, and children as stars of the sky. The sands represent the NATURAL children and the stars represent the spiritual children. Of course natural children can also be spiritual children.

The Sun is a type of The Lord Jesus. The Only light of the world. The moon represents the church of God., for it reflects the light of the sun to the world. NOTICE that there are TWO SIDES OF THE MOON. One side is always facing (looking at) the earth, ( world). The other side does not look at the world. The world does not see the other side at all.

The side facing the world represents the false church. The other side represents to true followers of The Lord Jesus.

Most of these churches that the world sees are false churches. They are the very ones who kill the prophets of The Lord. The leaders of these churches give themselves titles like Pope ( Supreme Ruler), Archbishop ( First Bishop), Father, Reverend ( person that all should revere), Pastor ( Shepard), Prophet, Watchman, Apostle, etc.

Jesus clearly told us to call no man any of these titles, but to call every man brother. We have ONE Father, one Supreme Ruler, One First Bishop, One Shepard, One person to REVERE and that is The Lord Jesus.

Paul was called to be an apostle, BUT NEVER ONCE ALLOWED ANYONE TO ADDRESS HIM BY THAT TITLE. He simply went by PAUL. I was let go as a chaplin at a rescue Mission because I would not let them put that title on my door. I made the man who had just painted it take it off of my door. I said he could simply put Lou Newton on the door. They told him not to paint anything on my door then.

I am not saying that any man that allows others to address him with a title is a false follower of Christ, but I am saying that he is in serious error.

How can we call any man "Pastor" if we follow Christ and not that man. When we call a mere man Pastor, we are saying he is our Shepard. But Christ is our only Shepard. Every man is blind of himself, and only Christ can lead us to salvation. No mere man can be our Shepard, Father, Supreme Ruler, Prophet, etc. The Lord Jesus Christ is our Only Hope.

Who persecutes the true followers of Christ, but the ones who claim to follow Him but do not.

When I look back on my life of following Christ for 40 years, my persecutors have been mainly others who claimed to follow Christ.

Now certainly Muslims murder Christians. The Rome Emperor did the same and so did many other leaders of nations. But do not forget what Jesus said:

Matthew 10
    14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.
    15 I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgmentthan for that town.
    16 I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
    17 "Be on your guard against men; they will hand you over to the local councils and flog you in their synagogues.
    18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.
    19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,
    20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
    21 "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.
    22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
    24 "A student is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master.
    25 It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebub, how much more the members of his household!
    26 "So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.
    27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
    28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
    29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
    30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
    31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
    32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.
    33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.
    34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
    35For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
    36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
    37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
    38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
    39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
    40 "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me.
    41 Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward.
    42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

Read and consider these words of Jesus with great care.

Lou Newton
    Last edited by Lou Newton; August 4, 2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X