Sen. Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage at Middle East Christian Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen. Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage at Middle East Christian Summit

Seasoned Washington insiders say they’ve never seen anything like it.

Sen. Ted Cruz, a high-profile speaker at The IDC Summit for Middle East Christians in Washington, D.C., was booed off the stage last night by a gathering of religious and political leaders concerned about the persecution of Christians in the Middle East.

What led to this unexpected outcome?
    Read more at: Sen. Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage at Middle East Christian Summit

Of note, Sen. Cruz is aligned with CUFI, a Christian Zionist organization who lobbies for US support of Israel. Cruz has been very outspoken in support of Israel at their rallies.

Israel's policies do not appear to have been good for the Middle East, and neither have America's policies. It appears that Middle Eastern Christians adamantly agree on that.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post

Read more at: Sen. Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage at Middle East Christian Summit

Of note, Sen. Cruz is aligned with CUFI, a Christian Zionist organization who lobbies for US support of Israel. Cruz has been very outspoken in support of Israel at their rallies.

Israel's policies do not appear to have been good for the Middle East, and neither have America's policies. It appears that Middle Eastern Christians adamantly agree on that.

All people have but one hope, and that is not Israel and NOT the church. The only Hope is The Lord Jesus Himself.

The man who possesses Christ possesses everything there is to possess and lacks not one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

All people have but one hope, and that is not Israel and NOT the church. The only Hope is The Lord Jesus Himself.

The man who possesses Christ possesses everything there is to possess and lacks not one thing.
      Yes brother but being in the world makes it easy to forget and grow fearful. I need constant reassurance and reminding of it all day and night.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post

Yes brother but being in the world makes it easy to forget and grow fearful. I need constant reassurance and reminding of it all day and night.

We all do Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post

Me too, brother.

And I am tempted to hitch my wagon to a man often enough to be very cautious of it. Ted Cruz is just a good example here of the thorny terrain just over the hill where we have to crane our neck uncomfortably to see.

Cruz is a Canadian. When I learned that, I thought: if I recall correctly, the POTUS is required to be a citizen; not a dual-citizen; and not a bunch of other things that could indicate a conflict of (foreign) interest.

His harsh stance both against Middle East Arabs and in favor of Israel are unbalanced, and to me markedly lack a human dimension, let alone a godly perspective.

A lot is being done by the UN, the US and the Israeli regimes to create war in the Middle East. Diplomacy is anathema to them. They prefer to topple governments. None of the US Presidential candidates will touch this topic with a pole of any length.

Comment

Working...
          X