Letter to the local newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to the local newspaper

I wrote this letter to my local newspaper because I am so tired of the biased reporting they do. All one sided to support their agenda.
    This is what I wrote:

I will be very surprised if you print this letter because I am calling you out as a supposed reporter of the current news and events to justify your biased position on the election. All I read daily in this newspaper is the fact that Donald Trump is a loathsome man and a narcissistic megalomaniac. Well perhaps he is, but in all fairness you must shine the light on the other opponent as well. So Hillary Clinton is as loathsome as Donald Trump or more. She has already been entrusted with our national security and has taken numerous amounts of money through the Clinton Foundation and other ways we are unaware of. She has lied to the American public and is nothing more than an extension of the current administration. So if we wish to see more of what we currently have, than by all means we should vote for her since she will only make it more insane than it already is. Why canít people call it like it is today? All the attacks and we point our fingers at weapons instead of the attackers. When do we start to use reasonable thought patterns and lead the people to make a proper educated choice?
    Your establishment and large organization use your platform to campaign for Hillary Clinton and try to bash Trump instead of reporting the news like you are supposed to do. You only report the stories that embellish your agenda and push more LGBT anti-Trump rhetoric on the people. What happened to open honest reporting? Apparently it was bought and paid for by the puppet masters that pull your strings starting at the top of Gannet and all the way down to the biased reporting of tailor made news to support the outcome your masters desire. I wish you all the luck when your masters turn on you like has happened all throughout history.
    Where is the God that made us great? We kicked Him out thatís where, and you fine folks were right there and still are; holding the door closed to truth, so the minds of the people are clouded and cannot make a proper choice without your beguiling of them.
    Either candidate is lacking, but we certainly know what the outcome will be with Clinton; more of the same. At the very least with Trump there is a chance for real change, and hopefully for the better. Hope is what we need, and there is no hope with Clinton. Wake up.

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
    I wrote this letter to my local newspaper because I am so tired of the biased reporting they do. All one sided to support their agenda.
    This is what I wrote:

I will be very surprised if you print this letter because I am calling you out as a supposed reporter of the current news and events to justify your biased position on the election. All I read daily in this newspaper is the fact that Donald Trump is a loathsome man and a narcissistic megalomaniac. Well perhaps he is, but in all fairness you must shine the light on the other opponent as well. So Hillary Clinton is as loathsome as Donald Trump or more. She has already been entrusted with our national security and has taken numerous amounts of money through the Clinton Foundation and other ways we are unaware of. She has lied to the American public and is nothing more than an extension of the current administration. So if we wish to see more of what we currently have, than by all means we should vote for her since she will only make it more insane than it already is. Why can’t people call it like it is today? All the attacks and we point our fingers at weapons instead of the attackers. When do we start to use reasonable thought patterns and lead the people to make a proper educated choice?
    Your establishment and large organization use your platform to campaign for Hillary Clinton and try to bash Trump instead of reporting the news like you are supposed to do. You only report the stories that embellish your agenda and push more LGBT anti-Trump rhetoric on the people. What happened to open honest reporting? Apparently it was bought and paid for by the puppet masters that pull your strings starting at the top of Gannet and all the way down to the biased reporting of tailor made news to support the outcome your masters desire. I wish you all the luck when your masters turn on you like has happened all throughout history.
    Where is the God that made us great? We kicked Him out that’s where, and you fine folks were right there and still are; holding the door closed to truth, so the minds of the people are clouded and cannot make a proper choice without your beguiling of them.
    Either candidate is lacking, but we certainly know what the outcome will be with Clinton; more of the same. At the very least with Trump there is a chance for real change, and hopefully for the better. Hope is what we need, and there is no hope with Clinton. Wake up.

I am very glad to see this letter you wrote Steve. You did a good job of writing it. Thanks for a job well done.

Comment

I'm glad you liked it, I have been wanting to write something for awhile but had to wait on the Lord for the proper time and content.

Comment

That was a well-written, impassioned rant, Steve. I think you're right, there is still value in being a witness against them even if it won't change their way. The execs, department heads and the editors all serve the share holders, and the share holders only care to keep the federal and corporate monies coming in. It's not the paper sales that pay the rent, it's the propaganda/advertising value. Unfortunately, the truth is verboten, proscribed, and journalists who need their jobs know there is a line they dare not cross. Some have come out and exposed the industry, saying that if a journalist does any kind of real investigative journalism s/he gets blackballed or perhaps worse. Someone has an iron grip on the flow of information and the spin, and as you well said there is plainly an agenda.

Comment

Hi Barry,

Yes it was a bit of a rant, but that's what they do at me in all of their so called news reporting. Against truth and common sense. I have a great deal of difficulty understanding how people go down the road with every new thing. Especially the LGBT thing with the locker rooms and bathrooms. It's insane. Blessings brother.
          Last edited by Steve Hollander; July 25, 2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Steve and Barry,

We do not have to please anyone except The Lord Jesus. IF we are serving Him and following Him, nothing we do is for nothing.

If we change nothing, and even if not one person is changed or saved by a letter we write, or a something we say to someone, if we please Jesus then we have done something well worthwhile.

He is a man of sorrows and has so few that please Him by following Him. He searches the whole earth looking for one man that trembles at His word.

If we are that one man, that we have lived our life better than we could have ever dreamed of.

Comment

Working...
            X