• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom creates prosperity

Freedom creates prosperity, less freedom causes less properity

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Freedom creates prosperity, less freedom causes less properity

This is really worth watching. It is not about prosperity, but it is about truth.

I would really like to hear from someone what their thoughts about this are.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. I deferred watching this for when I had time and then forgot. :)

I agree with what the man says about freedom and minds being the source of wealth. They are the fountain of invention, whether for good or ill. Innovation can be and has been killed by unscrupulous men through regulation and other legal sabotage: the vernacular for this is anti-competitive: it steals the freedom of others to compete in a free market. A free market generally results in a flourishing economy. An artificially constrained market results in a stunted economy, even destroys economies--think of what price controls have done to South American countries.

Compliance is bondage. Compliance is fine if all parties agree and benefit. Because greed abounds we don't often see this, both agreement and benefit. The absence of agreement and benefit renders a contract voidable. Every one of us reading this is a party to many such voidable contracts which our so-called government has unilaterally created on our behalf, and enforces upon us. Maxim of law: "A contract founded on a base and unlawful consideration, or against good morals, is null."

Commerce places one in bondage to commercial and contract law. One can enter commerce purposefully and lawfully. So-called governments try to bring all our activities under commercial law through contracts: registrations, licenses, etc. Because: greed and power. And again, because greed abounds, contracts commonly are not fair: especially because monopoly and coercion are involved. Just because you enter (or are entered) into a contract doesn't mean you're bound forever. It is a simple thing to void a contract. By maxim of law: "In the same manner in which a thing is bound, it is loosened."

The man says rightly we have an economy of minds. The mind's creations are deemed intellectual property, which the creator both owns and is responsible for. One could say there is no new thing under the sun, so where do men get off owning ideas? Well, this is patent law, which is supposed to be fair but it is commonly abused. The freedom of mind (part of the soul) is always encroached upon by efforts to bring it into bondage of commercial and contract law, patent law, and pretty much everything else: culture, religion, tradition, philosophy, neighbors, etc.

The present government is a government of, by, and for corporations: not the people and their minds. The people and their minds are the commodities in such a system. This is not freedom.

All of this is a far cry from the simplicity Jesus spoke: Let your yea be yea, and nay be nay: anything more comes of the evil one.

Maxims of law are pretty cool. Sort of like practical Solomon's proverbs. http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/bouvier/maxims.shtml
      Last edited by Baruch; November 16, 2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        Thanks for reminding me. I deferred watching this for when I had time and then forgot. :)

I agree with what the man says about freedom and minds being the source of wealth. They are the fountain of invention, whether for good or ill. Innovation can be and has been killed by unscrupulous men through regulation and other legal sabotage: the vernacular for this is anti-competitive: it steals the freedom of others to compete in a free market. A free market generally results in a flourishing economy. An artificially constrained market results in a stunted economy, even destroys economies--think of what price controls have done to South American countries.

Compliance is bondage. Compliance is fine if all parties agree and benefit. Because greed abounds we don't often see this, both agreement and benefit. The absence of agreement and benefit renders a contract voidable. Every one of us reading this is a party to many such voidable contracts which our so-called government has unilaterally created on our behalf, and enforces upon us. Maxim of law: "A contract founded on a base and unlawful consideration, or against good morals, is null."

Commerce places one in bondage to commercial and contract law. One can enter commerce purposefully and lawfully. So-called governments try to bring all our activities under commercial law through contracts: registrations, licenses, etc. Because: greed and power. And again, because greed abounds, contracts commonly are not fair: especially because monopoly and coercion are involved. Just because you enter (or are entered) into a contract doesn't mean you're bound forever. It is a simple thing to void a contract. By maxim of law: "In the same manner in which a thing is bound, it is loosened."

The man says rightly we have an economy of minds. The mind's creations are deemed intellectual property, which the creator both owns and is responsible for. One could say there is no new thing under the sun, so where do men get off owning ideas? Well, this is patent law, which is supposed to be fair but it is commonly abused. The freedom of mind (part of the soul) is always encroached upon by efforts to bring it into bondage of commercial and contract law, patent law, and pretty much everything else: culture, religion, tradition, philosophy, neighbors, etc.

The present government is a government of, by, and for corporations: not the people and their minds. The people and their minds are the commodities in such a system. This is not freedom.

All of this is a far cry from the simplicity Jesus spoke: Let your yea be yea, and nay be nay: anything more comes of the evil one.

Maxims of law are pretty cool. Sort of like practical Solomon's proverbs. http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/bouvier/maxims.shtml
        Thanks for the reply Barry, you made many good observations about freedom and the lack of freedom.

Freedom is a principle that is told of in the Bible. Of course some would argue that God does not give us freedom, claiming that the Bible does not proclaim it as something that God gives to men.

But to those who would do so we have this clear statement in the NT:

2 Cor 3

12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.18And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory,are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

It is only by the FREEDOM that The Lord gives us that we can see His glory and then be conformed to it.

Now that is true and total prosperity for all eternity, now and forever more.

For there is no freedom for those under the law. It is when we are free from the law that we can then truly come to know that Jesus loves us and then we are free to love Him instead of being under the curse of the law.

Those who The Lord sets free are free indeed.

John 8

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”

34 Jesus replied,Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Jesus sets us free from sin and death. We are no longer slaves to sin. So it is freedom that makes it possible for us to see and understand His love.

Here we can say the spiritual is an example of the natural truth.

For natural freedom also makes it possible for men to see and learn new things.

Comment

Working...
        X