Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Gun Ownership a Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqGBOt32NM

In short, yes, it is the right of the people. It does not need to be justified, but it is justified in the Constitution. It is the responsibility of government to secure the rights of the people. A government that does differently is in breach of trust.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqGBOt32NM

In short, yes, it is the right of the people. It does not need to be justified, but it is justified in the Constitution. It is the responsibility of government to secure the rights of the people. A government that does differently is in breach of trust.
    Thanks Barry. A very good explanation of the 2nd amendment.

The Declaration of Independence states that this right is NOT given by any government, but it is God given:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

It is government's job to see that these God given rights are NOT infringed upon. But today we have people like Hillary Clinton who are trying to take these rights away from the people instead of protecting these rights.

When any government does that the people have the right, and even the duty ,to rise up and to abolish that government.

Comment

Amen, but living in a society that has rejected God causes the loss of freedoms the Lord has given us.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
        Amen, but living in a society that has rejected God causes the loss of freedoms the Lord has given us.
        You are correct Steve, and I know that you know the following, but for the benefit of those that do not

Israel rejected God time after time, BUT the few left in Israel that did not reject God, cried out to Him and He saved their nation time after time.

Comment

I read this today. I think it is apropos.

Psalms 49 (KJV)
          1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world:
          2 Both low and high, rich and poor, together.
          3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.
          4 I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.
          5 Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?
          6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
          7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
          8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
          9 That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.
          10 For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.
          11 Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.
          12 Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
          13 This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.
          14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
          15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.
          16 Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;
          17 For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
          18 Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.
          19 He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.
          20 Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
            I read this today. I think it is apropos.

Psalms 49 (KJV)
            1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world:
            2 Both low and high, rich and poor, together.
            3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.
            4 I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.
            5 Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?
            6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
            7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
            8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
            9 That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.
            10 For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.
            11 Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.
            12 Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
            13 This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.
            14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
            15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.
            16 Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;
            17 For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
            18 Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.
            19 He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.
            20 Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.
            Amen and amen. I have heard many men say that this pro athlete, or that one will be remembered forever. Forever is a very long time, for it continues even after time will be done away with.

Let us just think about a small 2000 years ago. That is but an instant in all of time. The gladiators of Rome that won time after time and won their freedom, were told they would be remembered forever. Well I am a student of history, as many are; I can not name even one gladiator of Rome, can you.

If your name is not written in The Book of Life, you will be forgotten forever.

If your name is written in the Book of Life, you will be remembered forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

Amen and amen. I have heard many men say that this pro athlete, or that one will be remembered forever. Forever is a very long time, for it continues even after time will be done away with.

Let us just think about a small 2000 years ago. That is but an instant in all of time. The gladiators of Rome that won time after time and won their freedom, were told they would be remembered forever. Well I am a student of history, as many are; I can not name even one gladiator of Rome, can you.

If your name is not written in The Book of Life, you will be forgotten forever.

If your name is written in the Book of Life, you will be remembered forever.
              Very good comment, Lou.

Even peoples and governments and territories, which may outlive us, will not be remembered though we name them after us. The greatest empires will not be remembered. In the Scriptures they are likened to beasts, and will like the beasts perish. They will be overthrown at the height of their glory, as Korah in the desert, who is a type of the rebellious harlot.

I don't know the names of any of those gladiators, either. They were the mighty men of renown in their day. Maybe they truly believed their names would live on the tongues of future generations. Maybe they truly believed Rome would preserve them in the records, and songs would be sung in their honor. Rome could not see to it that the memory of these men lived on even a few centuries, let alone redeem the souls of men from God's punishment.

15 But God will [...pause...] redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me.

God will.

Comment

Working...
              X