No announcement yet.

Kavanaugh Accuser Admits She Fabricated Allegations as a ‘Ploy’ for ‘Attention’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kavanaugh Accuser Admits She Fabricated Allegations as a ‘Ploy’ for ‘Attention’

Kavanaugh Accuser Admits She Fabricated Allegations as a ‘Ploy’ for ‘Attention’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kavanaugh...184414094.html

The National Review The National Review 1 hour 53 minutes ago

A woman who made graphic allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has admitted to investigators that she fabricated them to “get attention.”

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley has referred Judy Munro-Leighton to the Justice Departement and FBI for investigation into potentially materially false statements and obstruction.

“The Committee is grateful to citizens who come forward with relevant information in good faith, even if they are not one hundred percent sure about what they know,” Grassley wrote in his letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. “But when individuals intentionally mislead the Committee, they divert Committee resources during time-sensitive investigations and materially impede our work.”

On September 25, “Jane Doe” from Oceanside, California sent an anonymous letter to Senator Kamala Harris alleging that the then-nominee for Supreme Court and his friend raped her “several times each” in the back of a car. Details were sparse, such as the time frame and location of the alleged attack.

“The whole thing is ridiculous,” Kavanaugh said when questioned the next day by committee investigators about the allegation. “The whole thing is just a crock, farce, wrong, didn’t happen, not anything close.”

Later on October 3, Judy Munro-Leighton emailed the committee claiming to be the “Jane Doe” of the letter and said she was “sharing with you the story of the night that Brett Kavanaugh and his friend sexually assaulted and raped me in his car,” calling it a “vicious assault.”

“I refuse to allow Donald J. Trump to use me or my story as an ugly chant at
    one of his Republican rallies,” Munro-Leighton wrote. “I know that Jane Doe will get no media attention, but I am deathly afraid of revealing any information about myself or my family.”

Investigators located Munro-Leighton living in Kentucky, not California, and discovered that she is a left-wing activist decades older than Judge Kavanaugh.

She admitted to investigators that her story was a “tactic” and “that was just a ploy.”

“No, no, no. I did that as a way to grab attention,” she told investigators. “I am not Jane Doe . . . but I did read Jane Doe’s letter. I read the transcript of the call to your Committee. . . . I saw it online. It was news.”

“I was angry, and I sent it out,” she said of her email to the committee describing the allegations.

“Oh, Lord no,” she responded on whether she has ever met Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh was confirmed as Associate Justice on the Supreme Court on October 6. During his acrimonious confirmation process, multiple women came forward with accusations of sexual assault against him. Dr. Christine Blasey Ford testified to the Judiciary Committee that Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed and attempted to rape her at a party when they were both in high school.

However, several on-the-fence senators, including Democrat Joe Manchin and Republican Susan Collins, sealed the slim majority in Kavanaugh’s favor with their votes to confirm him, citing a lack of hard evidence supporting the accusations against him.

This report from the Western Journal:

https://www.westernjournal.com/kavan...ibertyalliance

Randy DeSoto
    November 2, 2018 at 6:58pm Share on Facebook Tweet Email Print
    Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has referred another person to the Justice Department for criminal investigation regarding apparent false allegations during the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

In a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray on Friday, Grassley recounted that the committee reached out to numerous individuals claiming to have relevant information as part of the process of investigating allegations of sexual misconduct leveled against Kavanaugh.

“While many of those individuals have provided the Committee information in good faith, it unfortunately appears some have not,” wrote the senator.

He referred Judy Munro-Leighton for investigation of potential violations of providing materially false statements and obstruction of the committee’s investigation regarding Kavanaugh.

Grassley explained that staff members for Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris of California submitted “an undated handwritten letter to committee investigators that her California office had received signed under the alias “Jane Doe from Oceanside, California.”

“The anonymous accuser alleged that Justice Kavanaugh and a friend had raped her ‘several times each’ in the backseat of a car. In addition to being from an anonymous accuser, the letter listed no return address, failed to provide any timeframe, and failed to provide any location — beyond an automobile — in which these alleged incidents took place,” wrote the chairman.

Committee staff questioned Kavanaugh about the allegations in late September.

“(T)he whole thing is ridiculous. Nothing ever — anything like that, nothing,” the then-nominee responded. “(T)he whole thing is just a crock, farce, wrong, didn’t happen, not anything close.”

The committee later released the transcript of the interview publicly.

Shannon Bream@ShannonBream
    BREAKING: This is quite a read. Woman who claimed Justice Kavanaugh raped her now admits they’ve never even met. She’s been referred to DOJ/FBI for investigation and could soon be in serious legal trouble. https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-11-02%20CEG%20to%20DOJ%20FBI%20(Munro-Leighton%20Referral)%20with%20redacted%20enclosure s.pdf …
    5:46 PM - Nov 2, 2018

Three days before Kavanaugh’s confirmation vote, Munro-Leighton wrote an email to the committee claiming, “I am Jane Doe from Oceanside CA — Kavanaugh raped me.”

The woman further related that she was “sharing with you the story of the night that Brett Kavanaugh and his friend sexually assaulted and raped me in his car” and referred to “the letter that I sent to Sen. Kamala Harris on Sept. 19 with details of this vicious assault.”

Committee investigators then looked into Munro-Leighton’s background and learned she is a “left-wing activist,” who is decades older than Judge Kavanaugh and lived in “neither the Washington DC area nor California, but in Kentucky.”

Under questioning by the committee, Munro-Leighton admitted she did not write the Jane Doe letter and that she “just wanted to get attention,” and her actions were a “tactic” and a “ploy” because she opposed Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

“She told Committee investigators that she had called Congress multiple times during the Kavanaugh hearing process – including prior to the time Dr. Ford’s allegations surfaced – to oppose his nomination,” wrote Grassley.

Munro-Leighton revealed that she had never even met Kavanaugh.

Grassley concluded his letter to the DOJ, “(I)n light of the seriousness of these facts, and the threat these types of actions pose to the Committee’s ability to perform its constitutional duties, I hope you will give this referral the utmost consideration.”

Last week, the senator referred attorney Michael Avenatti and his client Julie Swetnick to the DOJ for criminal investigation relating to a “potential conspiracy to provide materially false statements to Congress.”

A news release from the Judiciary Committee highlighted that Swetnick’s allegations about Kavanaugh, made in a sworn statement to the committee, had “serious credibility problems.” Swetnick claimed Kavanaugh was present at parties when there were gang rapes and that he was involved in spiking punch to make women more susceptible to sexual advances.

“In an October 1 interview with NBC News … Swetnick specifically and explicitly back-tracked or contradicted key parts of her sworn statement on these and other allegations,” the release stated. “In subsequent interviews, Avenatti likewise cast serious doubt on or contradicted the allegations while insisting that he had thoroughly vetted his client.”

Following Grassley’s announcement of the criminal referral, NBC published a storynoting that not only had the network not been able to corroborate Swetnick’s initial claims, but it “found other apparent inconsistencies in a second sworn statement from another woman whose statement Avenatti provided to the Senate Judiciary Committee in a bid to bolster Swetnick’s claims.”

Based on this reporting, Grassley made a second referral to the DOJ regarding Avenatti.

We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Comment

Trump Tries To Revive Doubt Over Kavanaugh Claims After Little-Known Accuser Recants

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tri...155011275.html

HuffPost Sara Boboltz,HuffPost 12 hours ago

0:33

1:52

Trump reasserts doubt over Brett Kavanaugh claims after accuser recants
      that Kavanaugh and a friend raped her “several
      times” in the back seat of a car, which the judge denies.

President Donald Trump on Saturday attempted to cast renewed doubt on sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh by pointing to the recantation of one little-known accuser.

The woman, Judy Munro-Leighton, falsely claimed to have authored a “Jane Doe” letter stating that Kavanaugh and a friend raped her “several times” in the back seat of a car, which the judge denies.

The true author of the letter remains unknown, and the claim was not widely reported on during the September confirmation hearings.

“A vicious accuser of Justice Kavanaugh has just admitted that she was lying, her story was totally made up, or FAKE!” Trump said in a tweet after initially misspelling the judge’s name.

“Can you imagine if he didn’t become a Justice of the Supreme Court because of her disgusting False Statements,” the president continued.

He added: “What about the others? Where are the Dems on this?”

The Senate approved the justice in an extremely tight vote Oct. 6, and Trump has leaned on Kavanaugh’s successful confirmation to win favor with his base, referencing the controversy at numerous campaign rallies ahead of Tuesday’s hotly contested midterm elections.

Postmarked Sept. 19 from San Diego, the handwritten letter was mailed to Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) after Christine Blasey Ford came forward with her story about Kavanaugh earlier that month. Kavanaugh called the letter’s contents a “crock” and a “farce” in sworn testimony during a Sept. 26 conference call with senators.

Ford, who testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27, stands by her assertion that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school gathering in the 1980s.

Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley referred Munro-Leighton to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray for investigation in a letter dated Friday.

According to Grassley, committee staff received an email from Munro-Leighton on Oct. 3 in which she claimed to be the letter’s author but was “deathly afraid” of going public.

When committee staff eventually spoke with Munro-Leighton, she recanted, saying she only sent the email “as a way to grab attention” because she felt angry.

Investigators found that she lived in Kentucky, not California. She told them she had never met Kavanaugh.

Munro-Leighton is the fourth person Grassley has referred to federal prosecutors for investigation over the Kavanaugh hearings. Julie Swetnick, who says Kavanaugh attended parties where women were gang-raped, and her attorney, Michael Avenatti, were referred in late October. A man who has not been publicly identified was referred in late September.

Another woman, Deborah Ramirez, who maintains that Kavanaugh once thrust his penis in her face at a Yale party, never directly spoke with committee members.
      • This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
        Trump Tries To Revive Doubt Over Kavanaugh Claims After Little-Known Accuser Recants

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tri...155011275.html

HuffPost Sara Boboltz,HuffPost 12 hours ago

0:33

1:52

Trump reasserts doubt over Brett Kavanaugh claims after accuser recants
        that Kavanaugh and a friend raped her “several
        times” in the back seat of a car, which the judge denies.

President Donald Trump on Saturday attempted to cast renewed doubt on sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh by pointing to the recantation of one little-known accuser.

The woman, Judy Munro-Leighton, falsely claimed to have authored a “Jane Doe” letter stating that Kavanaugh and a friend raped her “several times” in the back seat of a car, which the judge denies.

The true author of the letter remains unknown, and the claim was not widely reported on during the September confirmation hearings.

“A vicious accuser of Justice Kavanaugh has just admitted that she was lying, her story was totally made up, or FAKE!” Trump said in a tweet after initially misspelling the judge’s name.

“Can you imagine if he didn’t become a Justice of the Supreme Court because of her disgusting False Statements,” the president continued.

He added: “What about the others? Where are the Dems on this?”

The Senate approved the justice in an extremely tight vote Oct. 6, and Trump has leaned on Kavanaugh’s successful confirmation to win favor with his base, referencing the controversy at numerous campaign rallies ahead of Tuesday’s hotly contested midterm elections.

Postmarked Sept. 19 from San Diego, the handwritten letter was mailed to Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) after Christine Blasey Ford came forward with her story about Kavanaugh earlier that month. Kavanaugh called the letter’s contents a “crock” and a “farce” in sworn testimony during a Sept. 26 conference call with senators.

Ford, who testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept. 27, stands by her assertion that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school gathering in the 1980s.

Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley referred Munro-Leighton to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray for investigation in a letter dated Friday.

According to Grassley, committee staff received an email from Munro-Leighton on Oct. 3 in which she claimed to be the letter’s author but was “deathly afraid” of going public.

When committee staff eventually spoke with Munro-Leighton, she recanted, saying she only sent the email “as a way to grab attention” because she felt angry.

Investigators found that she lived in Kentucky, not California. She told them she had never met Kavanaugh.

Munro-Leighton is the fourth person Grassley has referred to federal prosecutors for investigation over the Kavanaugh hearings. Julie Swetnick, who says Kavanaugh attended parties where women were gang-raped, and her attorney, Michael Avenatti, were referred in late October. A man who has not been publicly identified was referred in late September.

Another woman, Deborah Ramirez, who maintains that Kavanaugh once thrust his penis in her face at a Yale party, never directly spoke with committee members.
        • This article originally appeared on HuffPost.
        This kind of thing shouldn't be tolerated. She should be in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

This kind of thing shouldn't be tolerated. She should be in jail.
          Her accusation is a lie that was meant to ruin a man's life. But worse than her false claim is the Senator that accused Kavanaugh in their public hearing with nothing but the accusation of one woman and not one shred of supporting evidence, or one witness, that her accusation was true. Feinstein should be sanctioned by the entire Senate.

The entire Democratic party supported her claim. When they did this they were claiming that a person is GUILTY until proven innocent instead of innocent until proven guilty. They tried to rid our nation of one of our most precious God given rights. Even the Roman's followed this law of a person is innocent until proven guilty. Only tyrants follow the policy of a person is guilty until proven innocent.

For this reason I am not voting for even one Democrat tomorrow. They all should be thrown out for not standing against the Democratic leaders who tried to convict Kavanaugh without any evidence.

I used to be a Democrat and then was an independent for many years. This is the first election that I will vote straight Republican. Also it is the first election that I volunteered to be a poll worker and will be handing out Republican literature at the poll. I have to stand against any party that wants to rid our nation of our basic God given rights. Among the rights that the Democratic party does not support is the basic right to life, the right to free speech, the right to bear arms, and that a person is innocent until proven guilty.
          Last edited by Lou Newton; November 5, 2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X