No announcement yet.

Houston demands oversight of sermons !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston demands oversight of sermons !

It appears that what took place in NAZI Germany has made it's way to our nation.

Houston demands oversight of sermons

Campaign against pastors called 'Big Brother overlords' on a 'witch hunt'
    Published: 3 hours ago

Bob Unruh joined WND in 2006 after nearly three decades with the Associated Press, as well as several Upper Midwest newspapers, where he covered everything from legislative battles and sports to tornadoes and homicidal survivalists. He is also a photographer whose scenic work has been used commercially.

Officials with the city of Houston, Texas, who are fighting for a controversial ordinance that would allow men to use women’s restrooms there now have demanded to see the sermons preached by several area pastors.

The recent move came in a subpoena from the city to pastors for copies of their sermons – and copies of other communications from the pastors to their congregations – in the city’s fight over a “non-discrimination” plan that allows “gender-confused” people to use whatever public restrooms with which they identify.

A legal action challenging the city’s move has developed because the city allegedly violated its own charter in the process of adopting the Equal Rights Ordinance, which in May designated homosexuals and transgender persons as a protected class.

Critics say the measure effectively enables sexual predators who dress as women to enter female public bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities. And a coalition of activists that includes area pastors filed suit Aug. 6 against the city and lesbian Mayor Annise Parker after officials announced a voter petition to repeal the measure didn’t have enough signatures to qualify for the election ballot.

Parker, who has acknowledged the ordinance is “all about me,” was legally married to her same-sex partner in California in January.

According to the Alliance Defending Freedom, which now has filed a motion to quash the city’s demands:

The motion to the court explains that the pastors are not party to the lawsuit, and the city’s strategy doesn’t meet the requirements of state law that demands such efforts “be reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence, not be overly broad, seek only information that is not privileged and relevant to the subject matter of the litigation, and not cause undue burden or harassment.”

The demands from the city simply fail to meet those requirements, the motion explains.

But the ADF said, “City officials are upset over a voter lawsuit filed after the city council rejected valid petitions to repeal a law that allows members of the opposite sex into each other’s restrooms. ADF attorneys say the city is illegitimately demanding that the pastors, who are not party to the lawsuit, turn over their constitutionally protected sermons and other communications simply so the city can see if the pastors have ever opposed or criticized the city.”

“City council members are supposed to be public servants, not ‘Big Brother’ overlords who will tolerate no dissent or challenge,” said ADF Senior Legal Counsel Erik Stanley. “In this case, they have embarked upon a witch hunt, and we are asking the court to put a stop to it.”

“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” said ADF Litigation Counsel Christiana Holcomb. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions. Political and social commentary is not a crime; it is protected by the First Amendment.”

While the public submitted more than three times the legally required number of petition signatures to require city action, and the city secretary certified the number as sufficient, the mayor and city attorney simply “defied” the law and rejected the certification, the ADF said.

“The message is clear: oppose the decisions of city government, and drown in unwarranted, burdensome discovery requests,” said a brief in support of the motion to quash. “These requests, if allowed, will have a chilling effect on future citizens who might consider circulating referendum petitions because they are dissatisfied with ordinances passed by the city council.

“Not only will the nonparty pastors be harmed if these discovery requests are allowed, but the people will suffer as well. The referendum process will become toxic and the people will be deprived of an important check on city government provided them by the charter.”

WND has reported that similar measures in other jurisdictions across the country have sparked controversy. Opponents point to incidents such a man in Indianapolis who allegedly went into a women’s locker room at a YMCA and watched girls, ages 7 and 10, shower.

The Houston case came about on the work of a coalition including the Baptist Ministers Association of Houston, the Houston Area Pastor Council, the Houston Ministers against Crime, AME Ministers Alliance of Houston/Gulf Coast, the Northeast Ministers Alliance, the South Texas Full Gospel Baptist Fellowship, the South Texas District of the Assemblies of God and the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference.

The coalition had submitted more than 55,000 signatures in the referendum drive. City Secretary Anna Russell confirmed in writing Aug. 1 that the petition sponsors had submitted 17,846 qualified signatures, nearly 600 above the minimum 17,269.

However, City Attorney David Feldman announced 2,750 petitions were invalid because of “technical problems.”

Opponents have argued Feldman did not have the authority to step in and make the decision, and that it should have been handled by the courts.

Critics dubbed the Houston law the “sexual predator protection act,” claiming that by designating transgender or gender-confused persons as a protected class, women and children are threatened by predators seeking to exploit the ordinance’s ambiguous language.

Political activist Steven F. Hotze said the ordinance would establish minority status for transvestites, allowing men who dress as women to enter women’s public bathrooms, locker rooms and shower facilities.

“I want to protect my wife, daughters and granddaughters from being exposed to the dangers of male sexual predators masquerading as women in women’s public bathrooms and other facilities,” he said. “This is why it has been called the Sexual Predators’ Protection Act.”

Similar fights also have erupted in Maryland, Florida and Colorado, which adopted a radical “transgender nondiscrimination” bill in 2008 that makes it illegal to deny a person access to public accommodations, including restrooms and locker rooms, based on gender identity or the “perception” of gender identity. One consequence of the law is a ruling forcing authorities to permit 6-year-old Coy Mathis – a boy who says he thinks he’s a girl – to use the girls bathroom at his elementary school.

Nationwide, 17 states and the District of Columbia have embraced the transsexual agenda. Rhode Island added “gender identity and expression” to its anti-discrimination law in June with the support of Gov. Jack Markell, and Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden announced his support in an Equality Delaware video.

But other attempts to advance the transsexual agenda were defeated in Montana, Missouri, North Dakota and New York, where state Senate leaders refused to allow a vote.

The Obama administration is solidly behind the move to open locker room doors to some members of the opposite sex.
    •President Obama signed the U.N. Declaration on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity;
    •The White House hosted the first-ever meeting with transgender activists;
    •The Department of State made it easier for transsexuals to change the sex indicated on passports;
    •The U.S. Justice Department sided with a transsexual individual in an employment discrimination suit against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives;
    •The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ruled for the first time last year that “gender identity or expression” in the workplace is protected under federal civil rights law;
    •The Office of Personnel Management inserted “gender identity” for the first time into its federal workplace anti-discrimination policy;
    •The American Psychiatric Association removed “gender identity disorder” from its list of mental health ailments in late 2012, a move some regarded as a lifting of the social stigma attached to transsexual behavior.
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/major-u-s...t2K5U2hV9jO.99

So many comments came to mind as I read this. None of them are edifying. How do we deal with this madness, fire the whole government?

Lou, thank you for posting this. It is an alarming commentary on our times.

Comment

When people in authority are corrupt (presidents, mayors, fathers, etc), the demonic host gains power and access to promote wickedness. God sometimes uses the enemy to bring judgment. I'm not surprised this is happening in a city with a lesbian mayor. Nor is it surprising to see how much legal ground the enemy has gained on Obama's watch.

Thanks for sharing this article, Lou.

Blane

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        So many comments came to mind as I read this. None of them are edifying. How do we deal with this madness, fire the whole government?

Lou, thank you for posting this. It is an alarming commentary on our times.

When people in authority are corrupt (presidents, mayors, fathers, etc), the demonic host gains power and access to promote wickedness. God sometimes uses the enemy to bring judgment. I'm not surprised this is happening in a city with a lesbian mayor. Nor is it surprising to see how much legal ground the enemy has gained on Obama's watch.

Thanks for sharing this article, Lou.

Blane
        Baruch, I could not write my thoughts either as I first read this. We are past the point where revolution may be the only answer.

Blane, amen.

George Washington warned us about this:

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington
        "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
        "A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

Comment

God warned us that homosexual behavior leads to very bad results

God's wisdom is so far beyond that of men. Men who think they know better than God are foolish indeed.

God has told us that homosexuality is wrong. But many men today think they know better than God.

God does not warn us for no reason. Everything he says is of such importance.

God tells us about the homosexuals taking over a whole region in the dead sea valley. ( BTW this area had been forbidden for men to live there long ago, but the homosexuals ignored that command also)

Just as Satan was not satisfied when Eve ate the fruit of the tree, for he wanted to be her master in her every action; Satan will not be satisfied with homosexual marriage. He will press for more and more. There will be no end to this.

If one researches what the homosexuals are demanding in their magazines; they will see they want open marriages ( ie they want to be able to have two women and three men and a dog marry), they want to be able to demand that your children have the right to have sex with them over your objections, etc.

I am not speaking of all homosexuals here, but the ones who have been homosexuals for some time and have rebelled totally from God.

BOTTOM LINE - THEY WANT TO FORCE THIER WILL UPON YOU

God warns us about this behavior in Genesis:

Genesis 19
          Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed
          1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning." "No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square." 3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." 6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." 9 "Get out of our way," they replied. And they said, "This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door. 10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door. 12 The two men said to Lot, "Do you have anyone else here--sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it."
          NOTICE that is says ALL THE MEN FROM EVERY PART OF THE CITY.

They claim today that some are born this way. But how does Sodom get to the point where ALL MEN are this way. The same way that they plan to make the angels homosexual - BY FORCE

God is warning us here of where homosexuality can lead. If we look at some who are new to homosexuality, they are not like this. But when we see the ones who have been in this sin for a long time, we see very hostile behavior toward anyone who is not homosexual.

No one can take part in the things that they do and not feel great shame. They think that if everyone was homosexual, then that would take away their shame.

They blame their shame of those that are not homosexual. But their shame comes from deep within themselves.

So they think if everyone was homosexual, then no one could shame them for being homosexual.

This is where homosexuality leads.

Any man who entered Sodom was FORCED to have homosexual relations with them. That is why God destroyed Sodom.

We see this same kind of behavior from this homosexual Mayor of Houston. She wants to keep anyone from voicing disapproval of homosexuality by FORCE.

The more homosexuality is approved in this nation, the more the homosexuals will demand. They will not be satisfied until everyone is forced to be homosexual.

Look at Sparta. Homosexuality grew in that city until everyone was forced to be homosexual.

The more power they got, the more power they demanded. They even forced anyone who had a baby with a birthmark, to leave that baby to die.

God puts before us a choice - LIFE or DEATH. Homosexuality is death. How many homosexuals do you see with gray hair. The rate of disease among homosexuals is 8000 times higher than that of heterosexual monogamous couples.

Obviously if everyone was homosexual the human race would be extinct in one generation.

Homosexuality is simply Satan's plan to destroy mankind.

We need to pray for anyone we know who has become tempted by Satan in this way.

Comment

Blane, how tidy and sober a comment. You've helped my jumbled thoughts coalesce into order. This is precisely what we are seeing and why. Thank you.

Lou, those quotes from George Washington are perfect. I was not suggesting revolution. I know the folly of it, and you are correct that we are past the point. "Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." We have done so for decades.

And I see you've posted while I was replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
              If one researches what the homosexuals are demanding in their magazines; they will see they want open marriages ( ie they want to be able to have two women and three men and a dog marry), they want to be able to demand that your children have the right to have sex with them over your objections, etc.

I am not speaking of all homosexuals here, but the ones who have been homosexuals for some time and have rebelled totally from God.

BOTTOM LINE - THEY WANT TO FORCE THIER WILL UPON YOU
              This is in agreement with what I see, Lou. And as you said about Satan's will, there will be no end of it. (Except, finally, destruction.)

For a long time the LGBT movement has been spouting the equality rhetoric. They just want equality.

Now that government is their advocate and this astonishingly small minority has gained clout and domination--by force, as you rightly point out--they are using their lobbying and legal institutions to attack the values and rights of those that would reprove them in stance, word, action. It's the catalyst the PTB need to tighten the bonds of their mass mind control system.

As soon as the gay lobby won their landmark case awarding their sexual choice the status of "lifestyle", we saw that pedophiles jumped right in and began pushing for lifestyle status. Really? A pedophilic lifestyle? At that moment in time, Germany already had bestiality brothels in business.

The power elite have been in power a very long time. They've had the wealth and wicked wisdom of their spiritual father to patiently socially engineer a world without God. Now it is accelerating. Clearly they see their goals within reach. Neverthelss, God says this to Babylon...
              Isa 47:8 Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children: 9 But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children, and widowhood: they shall come upon thee in their perfection for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine enchantments. 10 For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me. 11 Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know. 12 Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.

Our only hope in this world is God's judgment. When God's judgment is in the land, the people learn righteousness. Hopefully it is not too late to learn this lesson.

Comment

This is in agreement with what I see, Lou. And as you said about Satan's will, there will be no end of it. (Except, finally, destruction.)

For a long time the LGBT movement has been spouting the equality rhetoric. They just want equality.

Now that government is their advocate and this astonishingly small minority has gained clout and domination--by force, as you rightly point out--they are using their lobbying and legal institutions to attack the values and rights of those that would reprove them in stance, word, action. It's the catalyst the PTB need to tighten the bonds of their mass mind control system.

As soon as the gay lobby won their landmark case awarding their sexual choice the status of "lifestyle", we saw that pedophiles jumped right in and began pushing for lifestyle status. Really? A pedophilic lifestyle? At that moment in time, Germany already had bestiality brothels in business.

The power elite have been in power a very long time. They've had the wealth and wicked wisdom of their spiritual father to patiently socially engineer a world without God. Now it is accelerating. Clearly they see their goals within reach. Neverthelss, God says this to Babylon...
                Isa 47:8 Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children: 9 But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children, and widowhood: they shall come upon thee in their perfection for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine enchantments. 10 For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me. 11 Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know. 12 Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.

Our only hope in this world is God's judgment. When God's judgment is in the land, the people learn righteousness. Hopefully it is not too late to learn this lesson.
                Amen and amen.

Men rush into places where even fallen angels fear to tread

Comment

A Baptist preacher from Dallas sent this reply to me about this issue:

In A.D. 30 not even a single government obeyed the morality and spirituality of Divine Revelation as recorded in the Old Testament. The ancient world normalized every kind of sexual perversion, the worship of idols, and human sacrifice. The list of officially practiced, sexual perversions include the Sodomites, the Spartans, the Persians (Mithraism), the Canaanites (Baal, Mot, El, Anat), and the Romans. The official repression of Christian preaching is documented in Scripture. Included as oppressors are the Romans, the Greeks, and the Jews. So, there wasn’t much in the way of government protection for the first Christian preachers or legalization of the morality they taught to the believers. Undaunted, these believers spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world and were martyred. Would you like to have such an opportunity to serve the LORD?

And, should we expect Christian virtue from those whose citizenship is of this world?

Our responsibility is to preach to the lost.

God convicts those who will come.

Everyone else shall be condemned.

All outcomes belong to God - even America's.

old scribe

Comment

What dark times they were. I'm sure I haven't the faculties to fully appreciate that. It has been said by no small number of scholars and investigative writers that those in power want to resurrect the depravity of those days in the age of high tech. That man's statement is quite sobering.

Comment

What dark times they were. I'm sure I haven't the faculties to fully appreciate that. It has been said by no small number of scholars and investigative writers that those in power want to resurrect the depravity of those days in the age of high tech. That man's statement is quite sobering.
                      Amen Baruch, Obama is either the stupidest man that ever lived, or he is trying to do just that.

Comment

I say, Send them copies of your sermons! Send your favorites. The ones you have found most edifying.
                        EVERYONE should do this!

They will have to READ them to know what's IN them.
                        And let the Holy Spirit take it from there.
                        You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
                        - Paul Washer
                        Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
                        - Lou Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                          I say, Send them copies of your sermons! Send your favorites. The ones you have found most edifying.
                          EVERYONE should do this!

Good idea Julie. Why doesn't someone send her some of mine. Like you said, everyone should send her many sermons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                            EVERYONE should do this!

I like how you think, Julie!

Comment

I wonder what Houston is going to look like tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X