Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Follows Example Set by Jesus

Pope Follows Example Set by Jesus

Wow, yeah. That is a deep satire, to suggest it's possibly as close as Francis might get to the image of the Lord Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      Wow, yeah. That is a deep satire, to suggest it's possibly as close as Francis might get to the image of the Lord Jesus.

Thanks for the reply Barry.

A baptist preacher sent this to me. In fact you guys know Glen, I have posted stuff from him before.

Yes, very deep satire. The irony is first humorous and then very serious; both toward the pope and the people of congress.

Most have certainly sold themselves to people other than the ones who elected them. So they have certainly prostituted themselves. Most have also made themselves thieves by taking bribes to vote a certain way.

No one would argue that they are tax collectors. They certainly know how to do that.

It is ironic that so many accuse God of being a ogre. Yet he only asks for 10% of our increase for both His temple and the the poor.

But our government takes over 50% of everything we earn. Yet while taxing us all 50% they have to borrow money to pay their bills

They are unable to pay their debt and have to borrow more and more.

We are all in that same boat. We can not pay for our debt of sin. We have to receive more and more grace every day. Not only can we not pay for our past sin, we can not even stop sinning and keep needing more and more grace.

Praise The Name of Jesus who shed His blood for us all.

Lou Newton

Comment

Brilliant post, Lou. I began to type a longer reply, but then I was mixing metaphors all over the place so I trimmed it down.

I really appreciate how you developed the corollary. It's not just popes. Not just politicians. Not just government and/or banking. Not just the lost. We all inherited this problem. It is a matter of degree, and Jesus is the only significant factor in its solution. Every solution except Jesus is like throwing good money after bad. Every institution that stands up a cardboard savior, or sells a knockoff of Jesus is a bad investment.

There is only one solid investment for your talents. There is only one Son of God: none like Him or beside Him. Praise Jesus, in spirit and in truth.

Comment

The first thing that jumped out to me in this picture was Sen. John Kerry. Don't know what to make of that...

As for this picture, it's both funny and sad.

The government wants you to be dependent on them.

And as for the Pope, a lot of people love this guy to death. To each their own, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by The Knight View Post
            The first thing that jumped out to me in this picture was Sen. John Kerry. Don't know what to make of that...

As for this picture, it's both funny and sad.

The government wants you to be dependent on them.

And as for the Pope, a lot of people love this guy to death. To each their own, I guess...

Thanks for the reply Karl.

That is some pretty good eyes. I did not notice Kerry until you pointed him out.

Yes both funny and then very sad.

Comment

Working...
            X