Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou is driving to Quicy, Illinois for the holiday

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lou is driving to Quicy, Illinois for the holiday

    I am driving to Quincy, Illinois for the holiday. Quincy is about 50 miles west of St Louis Mo., but is on the Eastern side of the Mississippi river. It is a 700 mile drive and I am 72 and have not driven that far for some time. My car is 16 years old, but seems to be in good shape. I put four new tires on it today and inspected the brakes while the wheels were off. They were in very good shape.

    I drove to Chicago last Thanksgiving but that is only 400 miles and I am a year older and so is the car.

    So please pray for me and also please keep the forum going while I am away.

    24 To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy--
    25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

  • #2
    You and your car will be in my prayers, brother.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      You and your car will be in my prayers, brother.
      Thanks Barry. I made it to Quincy and so did my car.

      I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

      Lou

      Comment


      • #4
        Safe trip back home brother I've been praying for your safe return.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
          Safe trip back home brother I've been praying for your safe return.

          Thanks Steve.

          We have been fixing things around the house and last night got most of the things finished.

          This morning we are going to a place that serves organic breakfast. They buy all of their food from local organic farms and orchards.

          Then we are going to the church they attend and tonight going to the Bible study they attend.

          I have had such a peaceful and joyful holiday filled with thanksgiving.

          I hope you all had the same.

          Lou

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post


            Thanks Steve.

            We have been fixing things around the house and last night got most of the things finished.

            This morning we are going to a place that serves organic breakfast. They buy all of their food from local organic farms and orchards.

            Then we are going to the church they attend and tonight going to the Bible study they attend.

            I have had such a peaceful and joyful holiday filled with thanksgiving.

            I hope you all had the same.

            Lou
            I'm glad you're having a nice visit, Lou. My holiday was pleasant. I got a surprise invitation to a friend's house for dinner, we had the traditional meal. I'm thankful the Lord looks after us even when we neglect ourselves. I know that some of us are in difficulties, and you're in my prayers. Even so, I hope that everyone was able to recognize the Lord's kindness in his/her life over the long weekend.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Baruch View Post

              I'm glad you're having a nice visit, Lou. My holiday was pleasant. I got a surprise invitation to a friend's house for dinner, we had the traditional meal. I'm thankful the Lord looks after us even when we neglect ourselves. I know that some of us are in difficulties, and you're in my prayers. Even so, I hope that everyone was able to recognize the Lord's kindness in his/her life over the long weekend.

              I am so thankful that you had someone to share the holiday with Barry. I had prayed that you would.

              The Lord was certainly very kind to me. I am very thankful.

              I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

              I got back tonight at 6:30 PM. I had a safe trip back.

              I drove out almost 700 miles in 9 hours including all stops. I stopped once for fuel and was stopped 10 minutes.

              I stopped a total of 10 minutes on the way back also.

              Just west on Indy I seen the largest group of police cars in one place I had ever seen. There were about 20 police cars and traffic on I70 was backed up on both lanes for about 5 miles. Thankfully it was west bound and not east bound.
              Last edited by Lou Newton; November 30, 2015, 10:22 PM.

              Comment

              Working...
              X