Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

The controversy and strife surrounding, and outright attacks upon, the principals of freedom we have distilled and upheld for a long time--life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness--which we recognize and have enshrined as unalienable rights, is relentless, even on this day; and today has the express purpose of defiling a day of memorial for those who gave their lives so that we could have freedom and peace.

There are those who would steal it, and kill and destroy to do so. They work patiently and tirelessly to corrupt entirely all that is good, yet have not prevailed.

I give thanks for those who have given their lives to stand against the thief, the murder and destroyer. They who stand for truth, and what is right; to defend the poor and vulnerable, the fatherless and widow, to establish and preserve the inheritance of their children, and proclaim the good name of the Lord.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Many have embraced this truth. I thank God for them.

The CHIEF of men embodied this truth: His name is Jesus. No man gave more than Jesus. No one has given more than God, nor ever can: His glory will not be outdone. I give thanks for all He has sacrificed of Himself, and through flawed men to whom He gives His excellent spirit and works out His perfect will.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    The controversy and strife surrounding, and outright attacks upon, the principals of freedom we have distilled and upheld for a long time--life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness--which we recognize and have enshrined as unalienable rights, is relentless, even on this day; and today has the express purpose of defiling a day of memorial for those who gave their lives so that we could have freedom and peace.

There are those who would steal it, and kill and destroy to do so. They work patiently and tirelessly to corrupt entirely all that is good, yet have not prevailed.

I give thanks for those who have given their lives to stand against the thief, the murder and destroyer. They who stand for truth, and what is right; to defend the poor and vulnerable, the fatherless and widow, to establish and preserve the inheritance of their children, and proclaim the good name of the Lord.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Many have embraced this truth. I thank God for them.

The CHIEF of men embodied this truth: His name is Jesus. No man gave more than Jesus. No one has given more than God, nor ever can: His glory will not be outdone. I give thanks for all He has sacrificed of Himself, and through flawed men to whom He gives His excellent spirit and works out His perfect will.
    Amen Barry.

Jesus had ever greater love than this. For He died for us while we were still His enemies.

Comment

Amen to that.

Comment

Working...
      X