Together 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Together 2016

There's an event coming up on the 16th of July called "Together 2016" and it's about bringing all the denominations together to worship Jesus. A lot of big names are going to be there: Hillsong, Ravi Zacharais, Lecrae, Christine Caine, Kari Jobe, Francis Chan, Nick Hall, Crowder, Matthew West, Kirk Franklin, Lauren Daigle, Trip Lee, Jeremy Camp (Why, dude?!), Mark Batterson (The author of 'The Circle Maker', which from my understanding, is a book that has a lot of stuff in it that isn't biblical in it.), Michael W. Smith and a whole lot more and I don't mean that in a good way. And Pope Francis will be giving a message there too by video. A lot of people who aren't going to be there in person are supporting this too like Rick Warren (no surprise there) and Kenneth Copeland. Here's a link to the Together 2016 site: https://reset2016.com/

And if you've seen the promos for this, one of them is about the guy who's organizing it and the question is asked "Can he do it again?". That about says it all there. (And the promos are just more hipster-made nonsense.)

Look, I'm not bashing these people and I'd like to think that some of them are coming there with the best intentions. That being said this whole ecumenical, 'bring everyone together' stuff is extremely dangerous. It all sounds nice and sweet on the surface, but beneath it all is anything but that.

Secondly, what is this going to accomplish? I mean, how many of these events have we had in this country? How many of those "get America back to it's roots" revivals have we had? All these corporate gatherings and at the end of the day, nothing has changed.

So yeah, be on the look out for this event. To me, the whole thing seems very deceptive.

Hi Karl nice to see you here. I agree it seems deceptive since it has a flavor of worship but is seemingly secular. Blessings.... Steve

Comment

Originally posted by The Knight View Post
      There's an event coming up on the 16th of July called "Together 2016" and it's about bringing all the denominations together to worship Jesus. A lot of big names are going to be there: Hillsong, Ravi Zacharais, Lecrae, Christine Caine, Kari Jobe, Francis Chan, Nick Hall, Crowder, Matthew West, Kirk Franklin, Lauren Daigle, Trip Lee, Jeremy Camp (Why, dude?!), Mark Batterson (The author of 'The Circle Maker', which from my understanding, is a book that has a lot of stuff in it that isn't biblical in it.), Michael W. Smith and a whole lot more and I don't mean that in a good way. And Pope Francis will be giving a message there too by video. A lot of people who aren't going to be there in person are supporting this too like Rick Warren (no surprise there) and Kenneth Copeland. Here's a link to the Together 2016 site: https://reset2016.com/

And if you've seen the promos for this, one of them is about the guy who's organizing it and the question is asked "Can he do it again?". That about says it all there. (And the promos are just more hipster-made nonsense.)

Look, I'm not bashing these people and I'd like to think that some of them are coming there with the best intentions. That being said this whole ecumenical, 'bring everyone together' stuff is extremely dangerous. It all sounds nice and sweet on the surface, but beneath it all is anything but that.

Secondly, what is this going to accomplish? I mean, how many of these events have we had in this country? How many of those "get America back to it's roots" revivals have we had? All these corporate gatherings and at the end of the day, nothing has changed.

So yeah, be on the look out for this event. To me, the whole thing seems very deceptive.
      Thanks for posting this Karl. It sure is good to hear from you. I agree with you that this will change nothing. There is no power in getting a large number of mere men together.

Have they not read about Gideon who gathered 32,000 men to defeat the enemy. - 2 The LORD said to Gideon, “You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, ‘My own strength has saved me.’ - God kept sending men that were not right with Him home until there were 300 left that were right with God and defeated the enemy with that 300.

I have seen many of these 'revival" meetings. Men think that power lies in numbers. If they get enough men together they may be able to get God to act in their favor.

That is VERY EVIL. Their whole thinking seems to be that God is evil and does not want to do righteous deeds. God is righteous and men are evil. It is not righteous men that get an evil god to act. It is a Righteous God that gets evil men to act.

Peter tells us THAT NO MOVE OF GOD STARTS WITH MEN. God does not follow men, but God tries to get men to follow Him.

So what is God looking for the church to do:

The church needs to repent of their sins.

The leaders can lead the people by first confessing their sins and repenting of them.

One sin, Jesus told us to call no man, teacher, pastor, or by any title. We are to call all men brothers.

Matthew 23 A Warning Against Hypocrisy

1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
      2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.
      3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
      4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
      5“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacterieswide and the tassels on their garments long;
      6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
      7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.
      8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.
      9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
      10Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.
      11The greatest among you will be your servant.
      12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

If we are to call no man teacher, for Jesus is our teacher, then Jesus is also our Pastor, and our Prophet, etc.

When I see these leaders confess this as sin, then I will look for a revival in this nation.

Comment

Missed you, Karl. Hope you are well.

From what I can tell, Reset 2016 is a move of Rome. There is big money and promo behind it, and a whole lot wrong with it. It seems to be oozing red flags.

I'm saddened to see Ravi Zacharias and Francis Chan mixed up in it. I thought they had better discernment.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Missed you, Karl. Hope you are well.

From what I can tell, Reset 2016 is a move of Rome. There is big money and promo behind it, and a whole lot wrong with it. It seems to be oozing red flags.

I'm saddened to see Ravi Zacharias and Francis Chan mixed up in it. I thought they had better discernment.
          Hi Barry, anyone that would share a christian event that has the man who calls himself, the holy father, and pope has a real problem with discernment. This is a sad event.

Comment

BUMP - just to keep this important post from Karl on Today's Posts so everyone will see it

Comment

This is taking place on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
              X