Trump outlines immigration policy - big news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump outlines immigration policy - big news

Trump outlines his policy for illegal aliens and immigration. He says he will enforce our immigration laws strictly. He wants to be compassionate to all people, BUT first priority is to show compassion to the people of the US.

This is big news and finally spmeone who says they will stop people from entering our nation illegally.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...speech-sot.cnn

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-his...000000609.html
    Last edited by Lou Newton; September 1, 2016, 05:28 PM.

I submitted this to our local newspaper's opinion section today.

This is in response to the letter, “Like Hitler, Trump stirring up hatred.” The writer compares Donald Trump to Adolph Hitler with regard to dealing with illegal immigration. The writer then later submits that we should never forget history, lest we repeat it.

Historically speaking, I'm wondering whether the writer felt the same way towards President Bill Clinton in 1996, when he addressed Congress and the nation in his official State of the Union Address and commented on several major issues the country was facing at that time. Clinton stated the following -

"One of these areas is the problem of illegal immigration.” “This administration has taken a strong stand to stiffen the protection of our borders.” “We are increasing border patrols by 50%.” “We are increasing inspections to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants. “Tonight, I announce I will sign an Executive Order to deny Federal contracts to businesses that hire Illegal immigrants."

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems that Donald Trump’'s stance on illegal immigration is almost identical to what President Bill Clinton proposed in 1996.

So I guess my question is this. Why would someone believe that Donald Trump's position for dealing with illegal immigration is comparable to what Hitler did in Germany, but Bill Clinton's position was not?
    Last edited by Fisherman; September 4, 2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      I submitted this to our local newspaper's opinion section today.

This is in response to the letter, “Like Hitler, Trump stirring up hatred.” The writer compares Donald Trump to Adolph Hitler with regard to dealing with illegal immigration. The writer then later submits that we should never forget history, lest we repeat it.

Historically speaking, I'm wondering whether the writer felt the same way towards President Bill Clinton in 1996, when he addressed Congress and the nation in his official State of the Union Address and commented on several major issues the country was facing at that time. Clinton stated the following -

"One of these areas is the problem of illegal immigration.” “This administration has taken a strong stand to stiffen the protection of our borders.” “We are increasing border patrols by 50%.” “We are increasing inspections to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants. “Tonight, I announce I will sign an Executive Order to deny Federal contracts to businesses that hire Illegal immigrants."

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems that Donald Trump’'s stance on illegal immigration is almost identical to what President Bill Clinton proposed in 1996.

So I guess my question is this. Why would someone believe that Donald Trump's position for dealing with illegal immigration is comparable to what Hitler did in Germany, but Bill Clinton's position was not?
      Very good letter to the newspaper Fisherman.

Thanks for sharing it. Hillary also voiced some of these same opinions back then. But our media refuses to even mention the truth, let alone harp on some point like they do for any non approved candidate.

One of the main reasons I am for Trump is the fact that the our corrupt media is so against him.

Further it is against our Constitution to allow any person who is not loyal to the laws of our Republic into our nation.

That means no one who is in Islam should be allowed in, for part our Islam is Sharia law. Sharia law is contrary to the laws of our Republic.

Of course that means that Nazis and Communists should not be allowed in too. The Progressive branch of the Democratic party is noting but Communists. By law, Hillary should be deported.

Comment

Working...
      X