Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump says he will sign bill to allow welfare recipients to be given a drug test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump says he will sign bill to allow welfare recipients to be given a drug test

FINALLY! ON BEHALF OF HARDWORKING AMERICANS, WELFARE RECIPIENTS WILL NEED TO PASS DRUG TEST

KEELY SHARPMONDAY, MARCH 20, 2017

Hallelujah! Trump is signing a law that will increase drug testing for those receiving welfare. FINALLY! I am so entirely tired of working long hours and having such a large percentage of my HARD EARNED money taken out and given to people who are abusing the system.

If you are elderly, or legitimately need the help then I don’t mind. I am all for helping those in need. However, if you are using your food stamps to buy junk food from the gas station to eat while you sit cracked out, and play lottery or the “Ding Ding” machines, then you are are absolutely abusing the system. If you are driving a nicer car than me, with a brand new phone, but you’re paying with EBT then you’re abusing the system.

If you are receiving help from the government, receiving the hard earned money of America’s working class, then you absolutely should be required to pass a drug test.
    Welfare reform has been a high priority for Republicans and conservatives for many years, and now that President Donald Trump is in the White House, the possibility of such reform is finally feasible.

In what was quite possibly the opening salvo on welfare leeches, Trump was ready to sign a bill passed by Congress that would allow states to perform drug tests on those applying for unemployment benefits, WITIreported.

Under President Barack Obama, states weren’t allowed to test applicants for drugs unless they were applying for a job that already had mandatory drug testing. However, there’s a new sheriff in town — and he’s backed by a Republican-controlled Congress that, while far from perfect, is at least more likely to pass common-sense legislation like this than any legislative body under the control of people like former House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

Now states will have the freedom to drug-test individuals before they start shelling out taxpayer money to people. This will help ensure that people receiving welfare benefits won’t use taxpayer money to buy drugs.

It was not immediately clear when Trump would sign the bill into law, but the White House has indicated that Trump will indeed sign it.

Republicans have cheered this bill as a victory for states’ rights, while Democrats have resorted to their old talking point of claiming that Republicans are targeting the poor.
    News alert, WELFARE IS NOT A WAY TO SUPPORT A LIFESTYLE WITH DRUG HABITS. If you fail a drug test, then you should be cut off immediately!

Sounds good and the right thing to do. Why give government assistance to people who either break the law or are in states which allow drug use? My concerns: Think about the horrific life of many drug users and how they obtain money for drugs. I suspect the users of non prescription drugs in America account for the majority of the Americans under the age of ? say fifty or forty? I benefited from watching for a couple of years a house used for dealing. It was an eye opener to see who and how many came. The use of non prescription drugs in America is not epidemic; it has gone way pass epidemic to saturation. Returning to my rant about the reason being Romans 1 indicating the LORD has given them over! The situations which instigated Mr. Trump signing this law makes me so sad - I feel sick. Sorry, no hallelujahs for me.

Before posting I decided to add: The Sinaitic law the LORD gave to Moses never made the children of Israel righteous. Instead it increased transgressions. Laws are for those who wish to follow them and to punish those who don't. My hallelujahs are reserved for the addict who comes to Christ and other such sinners. That would make my heart glad! I see no victory in Mr. Trumps signing.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
      Sounds good and the right thing to do. Why give government assistance to people who either break the law or are in states which allow drug use? My concerns: Think about the horrific life of many drug users and how they obtain money for drugs. I suspect the users of non prescription drugs in America account for the majority of the Americans under the age of ? say fifty or forty? I benefited from watching for a couple of years a house used for dealing. It was an eye opener to see who and how many came. The use of non prescription drugs in America is not epidemic; it has gone way pass epidemic to saturation. Returning to my rant about the reason being Romans 1 indicating the LORD has given them over! The situations which instigated Mr. Trump signing this law makes me so sad - I feel sick. Sorry, no hallelujahs for me.

Before posting I decided to add: The Sinaitic law the LORD gave to Moses never made the children of Israel righteous. Instead it increased transgressions. Laws are for those who wish to follow them and to punish those who don't. My hallelujahs are reserved for the addict who comes to Christ and other such sinners. That would make my heart glad! I see no victory in Mr. Trumps signing.
      Thanks for the reply Glen. The only victory I see is the fact that those who are using the peoples tax money to buy drugs will not have that crutch to use. Maybe some will actually get a job.

Also that money can be now used for good purposes instead of buying drugs.

Comment

Taxes don't fund government, nor welfare. There are budgets, but the money for them is "free" money (debt hypothecated against our futures) from the trusts. It is "free" to the federal govt because they don't intend to make good on it, they just declare bankruptcy as they have done several times before and leave you and me holding the bag.

Yes, welfare is an illness in need of a cure, but at first blush I see a lot of danger in Trump's action at a time when the availability of jobs is so poor. When honest opportunities are scarce people turn to ad hoc and organized crime, and many drug addictions create desperados. It is a bad combo. It looks to me like arming a powder keg. Laws and codes and regs don't heal a nation. I know what we as Christians must do. Trump must play his part, if his part is indeed to participate in the healing - and so far it does not seem that is the plan (man's plan). I tend to agree with Glen that Trump is the instrument of our judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Taxes don't fund government, nor welfare. There are budgets, but the money for them is "free" money (debt hypothecated against our futures) from the trusts. It is "free" to the federal govt because they don't intend to make good on it, they just declare bankruptcy as they have done several times before and leave you and me holding the bag.

Yes, welfare is an illness in need of a cure, but at first blush I see a lot of danger in Trump's action at a time when the availability of jobs is so poor. When honest opportunities are scarce people turn to ad hoc and organized crime, and many drug addictions create desperados. It is a bad combo. It looks to me like arming a powder keg. Laws and codes and regs don't heal a nation. I know what we as Christians must do. Trump must play his part, if his part is indeed to participate in the healing - and so far it does not seem that is the plan (man's plan). I tend to agree with Glen that Trump is the instrument of our judgement.
          That is food for thought Barry

He may be - but I will pray for God to heal our land - God will answer that prayer no matter how He chooses to heal our land - after all God answered the prayer of Daniel that was for the same request for Israel - God has not totally answered that prayer to this day, but will

Judgement is not the end we are looking for is it

We are all looking for eternity with The Lord Jesus

This passage keeps entering my mind:

Amos 5
          The Day of the Lord

18 Woe to you who long
          for the day of the Lord!
          Why do you long for the day of the Lord?
          That day will be darkness, not light.
          19 It will be as though a man fled from a lion
          only to meet a bear,
          as though he entered his house
          and rested his hand on the wall
          only to have a snake bite him.
          20 Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light—
          pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

21 “I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
          your assemblies are a stench to me.
          22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
          I will not accept them.
          Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
          I will have no regard for them.
          23 Away with the noise of your songs!
          I will not listen to the music of your harps.
          24 But let justice roll on like a river,
          righteousness like a never-failing stream!

25 “Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
          forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
          26 You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
          the pedestal of your idols,
          the star of your god[b]
          which you made for yourselves.
          27 Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,”
          says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.

So I try to never long for judgement, but long for the total victory of The Lord Jesus over all

But different men may be called to different things

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
            So I try to never long for judgement, but long for the total victory of The Lord Jesus over all

But different men may be called to different things
            Amen, Lou. Me, too. However, I have to keep wiping off my cornea to try and see clearly. I see congregations falling deeper into apostasy, going back to Rome, etc. and the heathen growing bolder daily. The land is defiled with innocent blood, and all political action to stop it is fought against by ungodly people who claim to do God's work. Darkness is falling. I don't seek or ask for it, yet it is happening. God will have mercy on His elect, whatever form that takes, but woe to the inhabitants of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post

Amen, Lou. Me, too. However, I have to keep wiping off my cornea to try and see clearly. I see congregations falling deeper into apostasy, going back to Rome, etc. and the heathen growing bolder daily. The land is defiled with innocent blood, and all political action to stop it is fought against by ungodly people who claim to do God's work. Darkness is falling. I don't seek or ask for it, yet it is happening. God will have mercy on His elect, whatever form that takes, but woe to the inhabitants of the earth.
              Amen Barry, what you say is very sad but so true. But we must have faith that The Lord sees and cares for us. He is able to turn this nation around with one man that will follow Him.

Comment

Baruch you express my concern about the effects of this law. I understand the sentiment of not giving welfare to those using illegal drugs. My wish is for the law to stop some from using. However, what I have seen about the drug culture from the addict strung out and homeless on the street to the judge who uses on the weekends, drugs are accepted in most of the society. Your implication of the solution is where believers should focus – one convert at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X