Amazon to buy Whole Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon to buy Whole Foods

Amazon will use its amazing computer-driven tactics to cut Whole Foods’ cost of selling groceries. But Amazon’s robotic “efficiency” is achieved by cutting people. It ruthlessly squeezes suppliers for example, demanding that they give bankrupt-level wholesale prices to the retail colossus. That means that small organic farmers and food artisans are destined to be squeezed out of Whole Foods, displaced by deep-pocket, global food makers who’re willing to cut corners on quality and the environment in order to get on Amazon’s new grocery shelves.

Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s CEO, doesn’t views workers as assets, but as costs, so to jack-up the grocery chain’s profit he’ll cut those “costs” – aka, people. He’s already testing a store concept that has no cashiers to interfere with your shopping “experience,” using computer sensors to take your money electronically, instead of paying bothersome humans to do the job of checking you out . . .

Quoted from a July13, 2017 radio broadcast by Jim Hightower –
    He is a popularist, but sees this correctly.
    Echoes of Walmart

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
    Amazon will use its amazing computer-driven tactics to cut Whole Foods’ cost of selling groceries. But Amazon’s robotic “efficiency” is achieved by cutting people. It ruthlessly squeezes suppliers for example, demanding that they give bankrupt-level wholesale prices to the retail colossus. That means that small organic farmers and food artisans are destined to be squeezed out of Whole Foods, displaced by deep-pocket, global food makers who’re willing to cut corners on quality and the environment in order to get on Amazon’s new grocery shelves.

Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s CEO, doesn’t views workers as assets, but as costs, so to jack-up the grocery chain’s profit he’ll cut those “costs” – aka, people. He’s already testing a store concept that has no cashiers to interfere with your shopping “experience,” using computer sensors to take your money electronically, instead of paying bothersome humans to do the job of checking you out . . .

Quoted from a July13, 2017 radio broadcast by Jim Hightower –
    He is a popularist, but sees this correctly.
    Echoes of Walmart
    I sadly read about this some time ago. You comment is sad but true.

I drive 50 miles once a month to buy my food at Whole Foods. I credit eating organic food for being able to run at 73. This whole buyout is from Satan himself. He wants everyone to have to eat the industrial toxic food that most stores have.

Comment

Working...
    X