Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pray that we don't go to war with Russia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pray that we don't go to war with Russia

    Please pray for the Lord to intervene in Washington DC. Our leadership is criminally insane to the point of wanting a war to cover up all their crimes. If we attack Syria the Russians will attack us. I don't think we can win a war with Russia. Especially if China allies with them.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
    Please pray for the Lord to intervene in Washington DC. Our leadership is criminally insane to the point of wanting a war to cover up all their crimes. If we attack Syria the Russians will attack us. I don't think we can win a war with Russia. Especially if China allies with them.
    Our leadership might be criminal insane, but it is also criminal and sociopathic.
    I consider myself somewhat of an expert on recognizing the disorder of sociopath.
    They make successful politicians.

    Profile of the Sociopath

    Glibness and Superficial Charm

    Manipulative and Conning

    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.

    They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used.

    They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

    Grandiose Sense of Self

    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

    Pathological Lying

    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis.

    Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities.

    Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

    Lack of remorse, shame or guilt.

    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core.

    Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities.

    Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims.

    The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

    Shallow Emotions:
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive.
    Becomes outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

    Incapacity for Love

    Need for Stimulation - Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

    Callousness/lack of empathy

    Poor behavioral controls/impulsive nature

    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim.

    Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

    Early behavior problems/juvenile delinquency

    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others.

    Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

    Irresponsibility/Unreliability

    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams.

    Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause.

    Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

    Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

    Lack of realistic life plan.

    Parasitic lifestyle.

    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

    Criminal or entrepreneurial versatility.

    Multiple marriages

    At some level and to some degree, all sociopaths are criminal.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, we must pray that there is not war!

    However, more scary than the fear of war is the world we now have because it is the reality.
    The scariest book ever written is:
    Conscienceless Acts Societal Mayhem
    Uncontrollable, unreachable youth and today's desensitized world.
    Foster W. Cline, M.D. (1995)

    Dr. Cline estimated about a fourth of the population were sociopaths.
    Furthermore,
    he pointed out that sociopaths have sex earlier and more often and produce more children - who are all sociopaths.
    It has been 24 years since he wrote this book.
    If that 25% of the population has had only 2 children and those 2 children have now had two children each - and two is way below the reality - how many sociopaths are in America today. As a high school teacher I could recognize from a third to one half of the students in each class were sociopaths. I retired in 2012.
    This explains the America we live in - and it is going to get worse.

    Dr. Cline is not just a doomsdayer.
    He is the author of books and producer of workshops which are the very best on child rearing.
    I have gone through his Love and Logic workshop too many times to remember - maybe 6 or 8.
    It works in the classroom, too.
    Love and Logic teaches the adult how to behave and what to say.
    It worked marvelously with my own children.
    Of course, part of making it work was the carry through, but the carry through is not what you might imagine.
    When my youngest threw a tantrum in the super market, I threatened him if he did not stop I would also throw a tantrum.
    He did not stop, so Pops threw himself on the floor of the produce aisle and preceded screaming and yelling and kicking my feet while all the stay at home moms watched in horror.
    Only once again did I need to threaten him, and he straightened up immediately without my tantrum.
    There were no more tantrums by this 3 year old.


    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Glen,

      Thanks for the information. Yes with or without war we are in serious trouble here and everywhere on the planet. Only the Holy One can solve what our society has devolved into.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am very thankful that Jesus does NOT put us in a group and judge us according to what group we are in.

        People are individuals and not Sociopath, or any other group. I once heard a man claim that we are all in one of four groups, Melancholic, Phlegmatic ,Choleric,or Sanguine. I was put into one of those groups and told that I could not be a salesman. But I always was the top salesman everywhere I worked. I sold almost 60 cars a month in Florida.

        We are all new creatures in Christ and not part of any group.

        We are not to judge one another. We do not know the heart of any man.

        I remember when I was a young Christian. I did things that others thought that I could not be a Christian. In fact, I thought myself, that I could not be one.

        But Jesus has done a work in me ( and doing a work in others) and not without result.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
          I am very thankful that Jesus does NOT put us in a group and judge us according to what group we are in.

          People are individuals and not Sociopath, or any other group. I once heard a man claim that we are all in one of four groups, Melancholic, Phlegmatic ,Choleric,or Sanguine. I was put into one of those groups and told that I could not be a salesman. But I always was the top salesman everywhere I worked. I sold almost 60 cars a month in Florida.

          We are all new creatures in Christ and not part of any group.

          We are not to judge one another. We do not know the heart of any man.

          I remember when I was a young Christian. I did things that others thought that I could not be a Christian. In fact, I thought myself, that I could not be one.

          But Jesus has done a work in me ( and doing a work in others) and not without result.
          ==============================
          Lou posted, I am very thankful that Jesus does NOT put us in a group and judge us according to what group we are in.

          What does Lou mean when you say we are not part of a group?

          I am a member of the group known as the body of Christ – the Church.
          For those who are not a member of the Church they are in the group of the condemned.
          It seems to me the Lord Jesus is putting us into a group.

          Rev. 20:15
          15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.
          Matt. 13:42
          15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.
          Matt. 13:53
          49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous

          Lou posted
          I remember when I was a young Christian. I did things that others thought that I could not be a Christian. In fact, I thought myself, that I could not be one.

          What kind of things was Lou doing that made others and himself think he was not Christian?

          Comment


          • #6
            I think we all do things that are unbecoming as a believer. But that's because we are still sinners.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by glen smith View Post

              ==============================
              Lou posted, I am very thankful that Jesus does NOT put us in a group and judge us according to what group we are in.

              What does Lou mean when you say we are not part of a group?

              I am a member of the group known as the body of Christ – the Church.
              For those who are not a member of the Church they are in the group of the condemned.
              It seems to me the Lord Jesus is putting us into a group.

              Rev. 20:15
              15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.
              Matt. 13:42
              15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.
              Matt. 13:53
              49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous

              Lou posted
              I remember when I was a young Christian. I did things that others thought that I could not be a Christian. In fact, I thought myself, that I could not be one.

              What kind of things was Lou doing that made others and himself think he was not Christian?
              Glen, the Holy Scriptures make it very clear we are not to judge the heart of others. Jesus is THE JUDGE.

              NO ONE is judged as a group. In fact no one is judged together with the person they share a bed with. We are all judged as an individual.

              Notice that even the passages you quote are about individuals, not groups. It does NOT say that if anyone is not part of the church they are lost. It says if their NAME ( that is the name of an individual) is not found in the book.

              Abel was accepted by God, but Cain was not. They were from the same father and mother.

              To judge someone as a Sociopath, and put them in a group with many others is physiology BS. One can not predict the behavior of a person by observing things about them. If one goes even further and judges a person they have never even met, but only read gossip about them, and past reports of their behavior, then that is participating in gossip. We both know what the Holy Scriptures say about gossip.

              Anyone would read your post and think you are implying that Trump is a Sociopath. That is just plain wrong for a person to do. Trump may be a new follower of Jesus and if so, he is not mature. The question is, are you mature enough to admit your error ?

              What kind of things was I doing ? You seem to imply I was immoral, or doing things below you ? I have never used any drugs, never smoked, and have only had intercourse with the women I married.

              You are very critical of me and I have to admit, I would not want to confess my sins to anyone who behaves the way you have on this thread.

              What kind of things was Lou doing that made others and himself think he was not Christian?
              - I find this comment to be judgmental, rude, and unkind. This is not the kind of comment that anyone should post about another member on this forum.

              I am a sinner, worthy of eternal damnation, for the sins that I am guilty of by the second. My every thought, every word, and every act fall far short of the glory of God.

              I feel as Paul did late in his life, when he said , of sinners I am chief. That does not mean I have been very immoral. It means when one gets close to the Holy Lord Jesus; it is very clear how sinful we are.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                I think we all do things that are unbecoming as a believer. But that's because we are still sinners.
                Thanks for your reply Steve. Your words are very true.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Glen wrote:
                  Dr. Cline estimated about a fourth of the population were sociopaths.
                  Furthermore,
                  he pointed out that sociopaths have sex earlier and more often and produce more children - who are all sociopaths.
                  It has been 24 years since he wrote this book.
                  If that 25% of the population has had only 2 children and those 2 children have now had two children each - and two is way below the reality - how many sociopaths are in America today. As a high school teacher I could recognize from a third to one half of the students in each class were sociopaths. I retired in 2012.
                  This explains the America we live in - and it is going to get worse.
                  I hope you will read this again and retract it.

                  This goes against the teaching of The Lord Jesus. No one is condemned to be the same as their parents. Certainly being born in Moab would be a difficult thing to overcome. Most of the people of Moab were so evil The Lord said no one from Moab was allowed into the Temple even after 10 generations.

                  Ruth was born in Moab. Yet Ruth CHOSE to say this:

                  16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely,if even death separates you and me.”
                  Because of this, The Lord made Ruth a new Creature and Ruth became the Great-grandmother of King David. David's son was not only allowed into the Temple, he built it. The Lord Jesus descended from Ruth.

                  I can imagine many of the people of Israel did not treat Ruth well, being she was from Maob. Kind of like how people treat those listed as sociopaths today.

                  If I was going to be judged by men of the church, I would never have become a Christian. Thank God we all will be judged by The Lord Jesus alone. Even Jesus does not pass judgement on me today. Even Jesus waits until the day of judgement.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well Steve, maybe your prayers helped. Putin certainly backed down and did not follow through with his threats. Trump was wise enough to enlist the help of Britain and France. Trump was also wise enough to take a lot of care to avoid killing innocent civilians and especially Russian military personnel. They warned Russia when and where the attack would take place to allow them to protect themselves.

                    I still would like to know if the chemical attack was real for sure. Britain and France both agreed it had taken place. I do not think that is a guarantee that it did take place.

                    I do not think the US should get involved in the civil war in Syria. These Muslim sects are always fighting one another.

                    Also I find it interesting that there was not much of a defense against our missiles, even with a warning it was coming. If we are being told the truth and not many were shot down, then one must wonder if they were even able to shoot them down in any significant way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The post by Glen was a response to Steve who wrote,
                      “in Washington DC. Our leadership is criminally insane to the point of wanting a war to cover up all their crimes.”
                      The response by Glen is seen by Lou as implicitly pointing at Trump.
                      Lou makes a far narrower application than Glen intended, but it seems Lou recognized the traits of the sociopath in President Trump and thought my post singled him out. The only individuals in the post by Glen are Dr. Cline, Pops (Glen), and the 3 year old son of Pops.

                      Have Lou and Glen have changed roles?
                      In the past it has been Glen who is cautioning Lou about his judgment on the person of political leaders and celebs –- as in Obama, Hillary, and Oprah. From previous posts by Lou it seems acceptable to lambast and judge named individuals. Now in the above posts by Lou on this topic it is not acceptable to judge behavior common to a defined group -– either a group defined by their position as politicians in Washington D.C or a group defined by their behavior like sociopaths. Would Lou also like to apply the group known as murders or homicidal maniacs or illegal aliens to the category of those whom it is not acceptable to judge?

                      About Judging

                      The Christian Research Institute has made the following statement.

                      I think that when it is our turn to decide, for us to play the judgment card (Matthew 7:1) is irresponsible. The common assertion made about judging is simply false, as the Bible clearly does not speak out against passing judgment in general, but against rendering inaccurate and unfair judgments (Proverbs 24:23; 31:9; John 7:24). In Matthew 7:6 Jesus does not forbid removing the speck from the other’s eye, but to be sure, we are not deceived (log in our own eye) before removing the speck. Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 2:15 that Christians are called to make “judgments about all things.” Our judgment, though, should not be based on what God has not revealed, rather on what he has revealed and not on human wisdom alone (v. 13). If we as Christians really want to follow our Lord’s teaching to love our neighbors, we cannot escape our responsibility to warn them about the spiritually destructive roads paved by non-Christian belief systems (Proverbs 14:12). Let us realize that when we call teachings into question, it is only because we are concerned about the eternal destinies of people — they are not personal attacks. Let us also keep in mind that Scripture does not command us to go out and rail against false teachings; rather, it encourages us to offer biblical reasons with gentleness and respect (1 Peter 3:15). And remember that tolerance when it comes to personal relationships is a virtue, but tolerance when it comes to truth is a travesty.

                      Here are some scriptures on judging gleamed by Glen back in 2001.

                      Jesus says, that the judgment we pass on others will be the minimum standard by which God will judge us.
                      "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1-3

                      Jesus says that we should judge what is right, thereby implying that we also know what is wrong.
                      "And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?" Luke 12:56-58

                      We should judge according to God's righteous nature and not by man's ideas.
                      "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." John 7:23-25

                      This is an example of Paul being asked to make a judgment on a believer. "And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, 'If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay.' And she prevailed upon us."
                      Acts 16:14-16

                      Paul speaks about one who has sinned in the church and that he has already judged him. "For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present." I Corinthians 5:2-4

                      To do what this passage requires, which is be to remove the wicked man from us, we must be able to judge that he is wicked. "But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES." I Corinthians 5:12-14


                      Paul in this passage is telling Christians that they are competent to judge and that they must do so.
                      "Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts?"
                      I Corinthians 6:1-3

                      Here, Paul is saying that since we shall be given the task of judging even the angels, then, it is even surer that we should be the judges of the matters of this earthly life.
                      "Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?"
                      I Corinthians 6: 2-4

                      Paul in this passage is commenting on those in the church who are officially appointed to judge the members of the church.
                      "So if you have law courts dealing with matters of this life, do you appoint them as judges who are of no account in the church?"
                      I Corinthians 6:3-5

                      Paul is asking his listeners to judge his own words.
                      "I speak as to wise men; you judge what I say."
                      I Corinthians 10:14-16

                      We may judge behavior based upon God's revealed judgment of certain sins. So we may denounce such sin. Two examples follow: (1)"Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge." Hebrews 13:3-5 (2)"Immorality Must Be judged I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people." I Corinthians 5:8-10

                      Judgment by God has already occurred to those who reject His salvation in Christ Jesus. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:17-19
                      ========================

                      Lou wrote, “I remember when I was a young Christian. I did things that others thought that I could not be a Christian. In fact, I thought myself, that I could not be one.”

                      Concerning this post made by Glen;
                      What kind of things was Lou doing that made others and himself think he was not Christian?

                      Lou replied, “- I find this comment to be judgmental, rude, and unkind. This is not the kind of comment that anyone should post about another member on this forum.”

                      Reply by Glen:
                      How so?
                      Lou volunteered the confession, and it seems that such issues for a new Christian would be of interest and a ministry to other Christians who struggle. Do we think that other Christians do not doubt their salvation because of their behavior? Is not it just the opposite in that there are many who doubt because of their struggle with a behavior? The testimony of our spiritual journey from sinner to forgiven believer to becoming more sanctified is what many of the inspiring stories of the saints of God are about - victorious over-coming!

                      Glen apologizes that the encouragement for Lou to testify about his behavior in his early Christian days was offensive to him. However, the reply by Lou was not what was expected. What was expected was his story of spiritual growth and victory over a behavior which made him doubt his salvation.

                      Glen has such stories - one was as a child in the earliest years as a believer and the other was in the mid life crisis of unbelief due to failure to achieve spiritually, professionally, and allowing Christian liberalism into his thinking. The early childhood crisis was repeatedly countered by his mother with recounting the failure of King David. King David continues to work for Glen. The midlife crisis was the dark pit of doubting because of personal spiritual destitution, denominational politics, and liberal scholarship. From the suffering in this dark pit he learned to trust desperately - desperate trust.
                      Last edited by glen smith; April 16, 2018, 03:15 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Glen. I really appreciate your expositions and how you go the extra mile to explain yourself. I think Lou may have taken it the wrong way. I am sure he will understand now that you explained yourself.
                        Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?
                        Please continue with the posts and as everything unfolds, it will all accomplish God's will.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by glen smith View Post
                          The post by Glen was a response to Steve who wrote,
                          “in Washington DC. Our leadership is criminally insane to the point of wanting a war to cover up all their crimes.”
                          The response by Glen is seen by Lou as implicitly pointing at Trump.
                          Lou makes a far narrower application than Glen intended, but it seems Lou recognized the traits of the sociopath in President Trump and thought my post singled him out. The only individuals in the post by Glen are Dr. Cline, Pops (Glen), and the 3 year old son of Pops.

                          Have Lou and Glen have changed roles?
                          In the past it has been Glen who is cautioning Lou about his judgment on the person of political leaders and celebs –- as in Obama, Hillary, and Oprah. From previous posts by Lou it seems acceptable to lambast and judge named individuals. Now in the above posts by Lou on this topic it is not acceptable to judge behavior common to a defined group -– either a group defined by their position as politicians in Washington D.C or a group defined by their behavior like sociopaths. Would Lou also like to apply the group known as murders or homicidal maniacs or illegal aliens to the category of those whom it is not acceptable to judge?

                          About Judging

                          The Christian Research Institute has made the following statement.

                          I think that when it is our turn to decide, for us to play the judgment card (Matthew 7:1) is irresponsible. The common assertion made about judging is simply false, as the Bible clearly does not speak out against passing judgment in general, but against rendering inaccurate and unfair judgments (Proverbs 24:23; 31:9; John 7:24). In Matthew 7:6 Jesus does not forbid removing the speck from the other’s eye, but to be sure, we are not deceived (log in our own eye) before removing the speck. Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 2:15 that Christians are called to make “judgments about all things.” Our judgment, though, should not be based on what God has not revealed, rather on what he has revealed and not on human wisdom alone (v. 13). If we as Christians really want to follow our Lord’s teaching to love our neighbors, we cannot escape our responsibility to warn them about the spiritually destructive roads paved by non-Christian belief systems (Proverbs 14:12). Let us realize that when we call teachings into question, it is only because we are concerned about the eternal destinies of people — they are not personal attacks. Let us also keep in mind that Scripture does not command us to go out and rail against false teachings; rather, it encourages us to offer biblical reasons with gentleness and respect (1 Peter 3:15). And remember that tolerance when it comes to personal relationships is a virtue, but tolerance when it comes to truth is a travesty.

                          Here are some scriptures on judging gleamed by Glen back in 2001.

                          Jesus says, that the judgment we pass on others will be the minimum standard by which God will judge us.
                          "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1-3

                          Jesus says that we should judge what is right, thereby implying that we also know what is wrong.
                          "And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?" Luke 12:56-58

                          We should judge according to God's righteous nature and not by man's ideas.
                          "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." John 7:23-25

                          This is an example of Paul being asked to make a judgment on a believer. "And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, saying, 'If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and stay.' And she prevailed upon us."
                          Acts 16:14-16

                          Paul speaks about one who has sinned in the church and that he has already judged him. "For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present." I Corinthians 5:2-4

                          To do what this passage requires, which is be to remove the wicked man from us, we must be able to judge that he is wicked. "But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES." I Corinthians 5:12-14


                          Paul in this passage is telling Christians that they are competent to judge and that they must do so.
                          "Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts?"
                          I Corinthians 6:1-3

                          Here, Paul is saying that since we shall be given the task of judging even the angels, then, it is even surer that we should be the judges of the matters of this earthly life.
                          "Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?"
                          I Corinthians 6: 2-4

                          Paul in this passage is commenting on those in the church who are officially appointed to judge the members of the church.
                          "So if you have law courts dealing with matters of this life, do you appoint them as judges who are of no account in the church?"
                          I Corinthians 6:3-5

                          Paul is asking his listeners to judge his own words.
                          "I speak as to wise men; you judge what I say."
                          I Corinthians 10:14-16

                          We may judge behavior based upon God's revealed judgment of certain sins. So we may denounce such sin. Two examples follow: (1)"Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge." Hebrews 13:3-5 (2)"Immorality Must Be judged I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people." I Corinthians 5:8-10

                          Judgment by God has already occurred to those who reject His salvation in Christ Jesus. "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:17-19
                          ========================

                          Lou wrote, “I remember when I was a young Christian. I did things that others thought that I could not be a Christian. In fact, I thought myself, that I could not be one.”

                          Concerning this post made by Glen;
                          What kind of things was Lou doing that made others and himself think he was not Christian?

                          Lou replied, “- I find this comment to be judgmental, rude, and unkind. This is not the kind of comment that anyone should post about another member on this forum.”

                          Reply by Glen:
                          How so?
                          Lou volunteered the confession, and it seems that such issues for a new Christian would be of interest and a ministry to other Christians who struggle. Do we think that other Christians do not doubt their salvation because of their behavior? Is not it just the opposite in that there are many who doubt because of their struggle with a behavior? The testimony of our spiritual journey from sinner to forgiven believer to becoming more sanctified is what many of the inspiring stories of the saints of God are about - victorious over-coming!

                          Glen apologizes that the encouragement for Lou to testify about his behavior in his early Christian days was offensive to him. However, the reply by Lou was not what was expected. What was expected was his story of spiritual growth and victory over a behavior which made him doubt his salvation.

                          Glen has such stories - one was as a child in the earliest years as a believer and the other was in the mid life crisis of unbelief due to failure to achieve spiritually, professionally, and allowing Christian liberalism into his thinking. The early childhood crisis was repeatedly countered by his mother with recounting the failure of King David. King David continues to work for Glen. The midlife crisis was the dark pit of doubting because of personal spiritual destitution, denominational politics, and liberal scholarship. From the suffering in this dark pit he learned to trust desperately - desperate trust.
                          Glen, I did not think your comment was directed at Trump by error as you say. The post was about Trump and so it is proper to think that your post about sociopaths was also about Trump, or else your post would have been improper and not on the subject, which was Trump.

                          You seem to not understand the difference between condemning a person, and condemning their behavior.

                          You did not condemn the behavior of anyone, but used a broader brush and condemned the whole person by putting them in the a group of being a sociopath.

                          I seemed to have wasted my time by trying to explain this difference to you.

                          I never have put Obama or Hillary into a group that was beyond help. Anyone can confess their sin and repent of them. I would welcome anyone who has sincerely done so.

                          Top further explain, I said Obama or Hillary were in a group of people who were that way from birth and would never change. This is what you claim about a sociopath.

                          As usual, you ignore many of the scriptures and examples I provided and misunderstand the whole issue.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                            Hi Glen. I really appreciate your expositions and how you go the extra mile to explain yourself. I think Lou may have taken it the wrong way. I am sure he will understand now that you explained yourself.
                            Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?
                            Please continue with the posts and as everything unfolds, it will all accomplish God's will.
                            Hello Steve,
                            You ask, Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

                            Short answer:

                            Writing in the third person is because of poor writing skills involving grammar and syntax and limited intelligence.

                            Long answer:

                            As previously posted, writing is my most difficult mental task. It is like coming in last in every race but wishing to finish closer to the winners. Because it is so difficult the challenge is enjoyed. The 60,000 plus documents on my computer is evidence of my efforts. However, quantity does not make quality.

                            While finishing last means getting out of the starting blocks, there are those who never get on the track which is evidenced by the failure of subject verb and object agreement of pronouns even with the aid of the computer program. Such poor minds lack the ability of competent introspection needed for recognizing their own limits.

                            The use of third person is just a literary device which aids in writing clearly, if not smoothly. Too many pronouns cause confusion for the writer and the reader. Pronouns are the issue with 1 Corinthians 15.20-28. Sorting out the pronouns is essential to the correct interpretation.

                            Having read over 2,000 books/novels considered necessary for a classical education and tens of thousands of articles, essays, and dissertations on a variety of subjects, have provided the recognition of effective writing when reading the well written product and, of course, the opposite. Recognizing the well written composition does not necessarily transfer to the ability to be a competent writer because writing is a creative art. Painting by numbers by the color blind artist would be an analogy to my writing style.

                            There are a few rules employed for making my style better. But, on the other hand, when those on the forum misunderstand what is posted, it is again recognized the style lacks clarity rather than the reader might lack the comprehension skills. As posted before, both my wife and sons are quick to criticize my writing skills. Their criticism helps me inch forward in becoming a better writer as does the wrong assumptions made on this forum.

                            Use of the third person makes writing easier when tired.
                            There is nothing psychological as in disassociation here in the use of the third person to refer to self.
                            You may notice the often use of outlining to aid the reader in the transitions from one person to another or from question to answer or from topic to topic.
                            These and many other devices are employed to aid in an easier comprehended post.
                            Still, my posts continue to confuse.

                            First rule of English composition: Avoid the use of the pronoun " “I”" (none on this post) and limit the use of first person pronouns (only 7 on this post). Using the third person avoids the need to meet this requirement.

                            Finally, writing in the third person is enjoyable in that it is a tool of introspection. Speaking of self in the third person assumes some disassociation which allows more objectivity.

                            Read 1 Corinthians 15.20-28 to see how complicated the use of pronouns can make a composition.
                            Last edited by glen smith; April 17, 2018, 12:33 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hi Glen,

                              Thanks for the answer, but it takes away from your posts when you refer to yourself in the third person. Your posts are chock full of good stuff for those that are interested and when you start to talk in the third person, it can be taken as almost arrogant. It takes away the personal aspect of the post and makes it sterile. You are an excellent writer. I enjoy much of your exposes. Please don't stop. Any good writer is going to offend someone. I don't mind if it educates me to what I am unaware of.
                              Anyway, thanks again. And don't be so rough on yourself. We're all sinners and all flawed. Me most of all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X