Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please pray for me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please pray for me

    I have had a severe toothache for two days and nights now. I had not been to a dentist for 15 years simply because I could not afford to go. I am helping my doctor get into shape at the YMCA and he was able to get me an appointment with his dentist that same day. But he took 4 X-rays and said I did not have any abscessed or infected teeth and also no cavities. That was hard to believe because I have had many teeth that have been badly broken for many years.

    But I still have a severe toothache and it is very difficult to get any sleep. I have not taken any aspirin or Tylenol for many years, but I have been taking some for two days. It does not seem to help much, if any at all.

    Please pray that I can find what is causing this severe pain and get it stopped.

    On the plus side, I did a pull-over with 290# last week. That was the whole stack of weights on the machine. I weigh 145# so that is twice my own weight I did the pull-over with. I am very thankful to be able to do this.

    The Lord Jesus is full of mercy and grace.

  • #2
    The dentist office was closed today. Hopefully I can get in tomorrow. Very painful at times.

    Comment


    • #3
      I could not sleep all night. The pain was severe off and on. But somebody prayed for me and the pain stopped right after I made an appointment for Monday morning. I have had no pain since this morning. Thanks to whoever prayed.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon. But I have had no pain ever since Friday after I made the appointment. The pain was some of the worse pain I had ever experienced, and now almost nothing all weekend. It seems miraculous. The pain was almost more than I could bear every time I ate, or drank, or brushed my teeth etc. I was taking aspirin, as often and as many as allowed, and using orajel every time the pain got really severe. But nothing seemed to stop the pain. But then suddenly after I made the appointment, no pain. I have not used the orajel and have taken very little aspirin since then.The Lord is so full of mercy and grace towards us. I am without pain and at peace about the whole issue.

        Instead of a negative issue, it has turned into a positive issue, that I am thankful to have gone through. It is as The Lord Jesus let me know that He is still looking over me and taking care of me everyday.

        For one, try to get a dentist appointment when you have not been to one for 15 years. They will tell you that they are not taking new patients, or give you one for next month. But I got an appointment for that same afternoon without even making a phone call. I just told a friend about my toothache and he called and made me an appointment for that same day.

        Also I was constantly made aware that most of my molars had the top or side broken off for many years. I would have thought I would have had infections in all of them long ago. But it seemed The Lord spoke to me and told me that He was protecting me, but also made a suggestion that I get some dental care.

        Last winter I had a wisdom tooth come in ( yes at age 74) and it was very bothersome. I could see it was deformed and should come out. So I pushed on one side very hard, and then the other for some time until it was loose and then pulled it myself with my fingers. But I did not get it all and had to pull another part of it the next day. But there is still a small part of it down under the gum line. So I needed to get that taken care of and hopefully will today.

        I had prayed and asked The Lord to show me if He was pleased, or displeased with me after a experience that took place. I think this experience may be His answer. I have no doubt that I am walking in His mercy and grace.

        Difficult experiences can be looked upon as bad experiences, OR they can be seen as simply a opportunity for miracles to take place in out lives.
        .
        Thank you to all who prayed for me.

        Thank you Lord Jesus.
        Last edited by Lou Newton; April 30, 2018, 08:57 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
          I have an appointment with the dentist this afternoon. But I have had no pain ever since Friday after I made the appointment. The pain was some of the worse pain I had ever experienced, and now almost nothing all weekend. It seems miraculous. The pain was almost more than I could bear every time I ate, or drank, or brushed my teeth etc. I was taking aspirin, as often and as many as allowed, and using orajel every time the pain got really severe. But nothing seemed to stop the pain. But then suddenly after I made the appointment, no pain. I have not used the orajel and have taken very little aspirin since then.The Lord is so full of mercy and grace towards us. I am without pain and at peace about the whole issue.

          Instead of a negative issue, it has turned into a positive issue, that I am thankful to have gone through. It is as The Lord Jesus let me know that He is still looking over me and taking care of me everyday.

          For one, try to get a dentist appointment when you have not been to one for 15 years. They will tell you that they are not taking new patients, or give you one for next month. But I got an appointment for that same afternoon without even making a phone call. I just told a friend about my toothache and he called and made me an appointment for that same day.

          Also I was constantly made aware that most of my molars had the top or side broken off for many years. I would have thought I would have had infections in all of them long ago. But it seemed The Lord spoke to me and told me that He was protecting me, but also made a suggestion that I get some dental care.

          Last winter I had a wisdom tooth come in ( yes at age 74) and it was very bothersome. I could see it was deformed and should come out. So I pushed on one side very hard, and then the other for some time until it was loose and then pulled it myself with my fingers. But I did not get it all and had to pull another part of it the next day. But there is still a small part of it down under the gum line. So I needed to get that taken care of and hopefully will today.

          I had prayed and asked The Lord to show me if He was pleased, or displeased with me after a experience that took place. I think this experience may be His answer. I have no doubt that I am walking in His mercy and grace.

          Difficult experiences can be looked upon as bad experiences, OR they can be seen as simply a opportunity for miracles to take place in out lives.
          .
          Thank you to all who prayed for me.

          Thank you Lord Jesus.
          This whole experience brings back a lesson The Holy Spirit taught me years ago:

          We worry we will not be able to hear from The Lord. or even if we hear, we worry we will not obey and be lost.

          In fact many are afraid to follow The Holy Spirit for fear they will not hear Him correctly. Some then teach we should follow The Bible instead. But men surely misunderstand The Bible too. Proof of that is how many disagree on the meaning of certain passages.
          Romans 8 (NIV)

          Life Through the Spirit

          8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

          5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

          9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

          12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

          14For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
          So we are to follow His Holy Spirit and not what our eyes read ( our eyes are flesh). We are to give our lives to Him and then trust in Him to save us.

          Jesus holds us in His hands and NO ONE can remove us from His hands, IF we have given our life to Him.

          So my salvation does NOT depend on me, but on Jesus.

          I fear I will not have the courage to obey Him. BUT I do not have to be willing to obey. In fact we are not willing to obey Him, if we were the law would save us.

          We only have to be willing to be made willing to obey Him. Jesus is the Good Shepard and He is willing and able to lead us and save us.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

            This whole experience brings back a lesson The Holy Spirit taught me years ago:

            We worry we will not be able to hear from The Lord. or even if we hear, we worry we will not obey and be lost.

            In fact many are afraid to follow The Holy Spirit for fear they will not hear Him correctly. Some then teach we should follow The Bible instead. But men surely misunderstand The Bible too. Proof of that is how many disagree on the meaning of certain passages.


            So we are to follow His Holy Spirit and not what our eyes read ( our eyes are flesh). We are to give our lives to Him and then trust in Him to save us.

            Jesus holds us in His hands and NO ONE can remove us from His hands, IF we have given our life to Him.

            So my salvation does NOT depend on me, but on Jesus.

            I fear I will not have the courage to obey Him. BUT I do not have to be willing to obey. In fact we are not willing to obey Him, if we were the law would save us.

            We only have to be willing to be made willing to obey Him. Jesus is the Good Shepard and He is willing and able to lead us and save us.
            That's a great word, Lou. My thought life has been struggling hard with those very questions. But difficulties, our fault or not, are for the Lord to show his greatness. Amen. I'm glad your tooth is better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post

              That's a great word, Lou. My thought life has been struggling hard with those very questions. But difficulties, our fault or not, are for the Lord to show his greatness. Amen. I'm glad your tooth is better.
              Thanks Tom; I am thankful that the above encouraged you. I had to learn this stuff from the Holy Spirit. No one that I heard preach or teach told me this.

              Also remember this:

              2 Corinthians 12 (NIV)

              Paul’s Vision and His Thorn


              12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christwho fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool,because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
              I went to the dentist today and he was perplexed about the tooth. He knew it was giving me a lot of pain a few days ago and was quite surprised it was not painful all weekend. He tapped on it with a metal tool and was surprised I did not jump with pain. He kept hitting it and had a difficult time believing that it was OK today. He said he could pull it, but could not put it back in. So he recommended doing nothing today and waiting to see how it did in the days to come. It might have to be pulled later, but why pull it before we know.

              The Lord Jesus is full of mercy and grace.

              Comment

              Working...
              X