Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for Linda - they have no electricity

I got this from Linda this morning:

We are running ourselves ragged, trying to keep Mrs. Cook warm. We have a gas stove in a room we have not completely finished. We can keep her bedroom around 67'degrees, but she stays too cold. She has to have a breathing treatment every four hours. Normally, she can do it herself, but right now, she has to get us up. Dan is exhausted. He has to run start the generator every four hours. He can't get good sleep.

Pray we get our power back today. Please have the forum pray for us. I have limited use of the internet. I can't use the extension cord for internet for long, because we need it for electric heaters. We are supposed to get snow today on top of ice that has not melted.

We are in one of the hardest hit places.

God Bless,

Linda
    They have no power and are have a hard time keeping warm.

PLEASE pray fervently for her and her family.

Grace to you
    Lou Newton

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    I got this from Linda this morning:

They have no power and are have a hard time keeping warm.

PLEASE pray fervently for her and her family.

Grace to you
    Lou Newton
    This reported this morning about Tennessee

In Tennessee, where residents were struggling to recover from last week's ice storm and bone-chilling low temperatures, up to 3 inches of snow was being forecast for the eastern part of the state during the early morning.

Tennessee Emergency Management Agency officials say 27 people around the state have died as a result of the ice storm and frigid temperatures. Tens of thousands remained without power Monday.

Comment

Praying God will provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        Praying God will provide.
        Thanks Barry.................Lou

Comment

Praying here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
            Praying here too.
            Thanks so much Blane.

I have been without heat and it is terrible to be so cold. Even temps like 60 degrees will wear you down after hours or days of it.

Lou

Comment

Still praying for you, Linda.
              Lou, please give us updates if you hear more...?
              You know not what you do because you know not who He is.
              - Paul Washer
              Satan is the angel of knowledge and he does not waste his time on anything for no reason.
              - Lou Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                Still praying for you, Linda.
                Lou, please give us updates if you hear more...?
                Thanks Julie, have not heard anything more yet......................Lou

Comment

Thank you, Lou. I just logged on to ask for prayer. I can only use the internet for short times. We have to choose what to use our power for.

Please pray for Dan. I think he is close to losing it. He has worked soooooo hard to keep everything going. He Mom is so negative. He has waited on her hand and foot. He has done without sleep....etc.

He forgets she is 91. She wants to call the power company and give them a piece of her mind. She sleeps all day,then keeps him up at night.

We are warm (in one room). We are eating out of the freezer. Microwaving. We have borrowed a good generator. We are not In Danger, the main problem is trying to keep his Mom from being so angry.

I have to go. Thinking of you

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeLinda View Post
                    Thank you, Lou. I just logged on to ask for prayer. I can only use the internet for short times. We have to choose what to use our power for.

Please pray for Dan. I think he is close to losing it. He has worked soooooo hard to keep everything going. He Mom is so negative. He has waited on her hand and foot. He has done without sleep....etc.

He forgets she is 91. She wants to call the power company and give them a piece of her mind. She sleeps all day,then keeps him up at night.

We are warm (in one room). We are eating out of the freezer. Microwaving. We have borrowed a good generator. We are not In Danger, the main problem is trying to keep his Mom from being so angry.

I have to go. Thinking of you
                    Thanks you so much for the update Linda.

We will all be praying for you , Dan, and his mother.

We are all feeling for you down there. Remember The Lord Jesus is using this somehow for your good. He loved you all so much that he came down from heaven to be born of a woman and shed His blood for you.

She has a right to be angry with the power company. They used to have far more maintenance workers at every local level. But they have got rid of many of them and reply on crews further away. She is used to power companies getting power back on in hours after a bad storm.

But more than that, they have not maintained and improved the power grid. It is an overloaded and worn system that is liable for disaster as people in your area now know.

I remember being without power for week after a storm that did not do much damage in Ohio. This meant that we had no water either.

If our nation would have a national disaster that involved the power grid, people could be without power for years. This is no overstatement.

24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
                    Your brother and friend,
                    Lou

Sorry for the messed up post. I tried copy and paste from two different sites and it makes no difference. It is always messed up.

Comment

Bump. Not because we need a reminder: it is for you, dear Linda, you are still on our minds and in our prayers.

1Jn 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                        Bump. Not because we need a reminder: it is for you, dear Linda, you are still on our minds and in our prayers.

1Jn 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
                        Yes Linda, Dan and Mom, we are still praying for you.......................it is good to know that you all have put yourselves in the hands of the Lord.

Lou

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. There are a number of people around here who have been having similar problems. I hope that the Lord has been providing for your needs and that you are blessed through this trial.

Comment

I copied this from Linda's facebook page:

Linda Shaffield Cook

7 hrs ·

Eureka!!!! We have power. The linemen worked till late last night on our lines. -- in the rain!
                            I suppose we were one of their last assignments.
                            There were only a couple of hundred houses without power in our area by five p.m. Yesterday
                            Just heard a small "boom".....lights blinked.....please, God, let their work hold!

So happy to hear this Linda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
                              I copied this from Linda's facebook page:

So happy to hear this Linda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Awesome. God is good. So glad to know you have power and heat again!

Comment

Working...
                              X