Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen has pneumonia - please pray for him !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen has pneumonia - please pray for him !

Got this reply from Glen:

He has had lung congestion for 5 weeks and now has pneumonia. Please pray for my friend.

Mar 3 at 7:29 PM

It has been more than a week since prayers were started for Linda

and her ordeal with keeping Mrs. Cook and others warm.
    67 degrees sounds plenty warm for healthy people with warm clothing.

However, repository problems are a game changer.

The air needs to be at least 70 and sometimes 74.

Also, fumes from natural gas space heaters can be very suffocating and irritating to lung tissue.
    All other petroleum based fuels are more caustic.
    This is not just an academic reply but first hand
    experience over a life time.
    Currently, I've been treating lung congestion for five weeks.
    Today, the doc said I have pneumonia.
    So, I know what 67 feels like in the lungs -

that is the temperature of the rest of my home where I am spending limited time.

I'm in a room at 70+ - no fumes. I am grateful . . .
    and I pray not to die of lung congestion.
    My sympathetic prayers for Linda and her needs are no more valuable than the rest,

but the prayers are offered with compassion.

Lifting Glen in prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
      Lifting Glen in prayer.
      Thanks Blane - I should have mentioned that Glen is the pastor from Dallas who wrote some things that I posted and so many said they liked.

Glen sent this to me:

http://www.fortressoftruth.com/forum...highlight=Glen

Glen wrote this:

Glen wrote this: see post # 9

Last edited by Lou Newton; March 5, 2015, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Lou I am praying for Glen. ..... Steve

Comment

Glen, you are in my prayers now: deliverance, healing, comfort. The Lord gives us breath.

Don't know how I missed these posts yesterday. But the Lord woke me up and here they are and here I am.

Lou, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

Oh, my prayers for you!!! As I sit here today, I reflect on God's mercy. He saw us through that terrible storm. Unfortunately, we are in the midst of another. Even our salt truck wrecked. I am trapped at home, but it is a rest. I have been so concerned about Mrs. Cook, the stress and never-ending requirements for keeping her warm and safe have taken a toll.

I feel guilty that I am enjoying the solitude. I was so worn out yesterday, I was like someone drugged. I am one of those people who cannot sleep during the day. Last night I slept like a log.

Just got an emergency call from the 911 office. Our roads are impassable. Strangely, this is giving Dan and I a much needed rest.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your prayers for Glen.............Lou

Comment

Originally posted by TennesseeLinda View Post
                Oh, my prayers for you!!! As I sit here today, I reflect on God's mercy. He saw us through that terrible storm. Unfortunately, we are in the midst of another. Even our salt truck wrecked. I am trapped at home, but it is a rest. I have been so concerned about Mrs. Cook, the stress and never-ending requirements for keeping her warm and safe have taken a toll.

I feel guilty that I am enjoying the solitude. I was so worn out yesterday, I was like someone drugged. I am one of those people who cannot sleep during the day. Last night I slept like a log.

Just got an emergency call from the 911 office. Our roads are impassable. Strangely, this is giving Dan and I a much needed rest.
                Your state (Tennessee) has been under a state of national emergency since Feb 16. Now another storm has arrived. It's bad enough to only have one salt truck under such conditions, but now even that lone salt truck is wrecked. Ouch. Stay strong in the Lord. Prayers coming your way.

Blane

Comment

Have you heard how Glen is doing, Lou? I hope he is being healed and comforted. He is still in my prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                    Have you heard how Glen is doing, Lou? I hope he is being healed and comforted. He is still in my prayers.
                    Hi Barry, thanks for the prayers. I will email him and ask how he is doing........................Lou

Comment

Working...
                    X