Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for Fisherman

I received this email from Tom's wife Dixie:

Lou, this is Dixie, toms wife. Tom had a stroke on sept 19. In a rehab facility now after 8 days hospitalized. Not sure what he sent but I know he has been unable to text or email me anything that makes sense. Brain working but paralyzed on left so between stroke effects and trying to use the phone it's difficult. Need prayers for recovery. Thanks
    I sent this reply:

Thank you so much for leaving me know about Tom, Dixie.

I will be praying for Tom, please let him know our prayers are with him.

I will post this as a prayer request IF that is OK with you.

Please let me know if it is OK.

Lou
    Her answer:

We will take all the prayers we can get. Thank you.
    So please pray for Tom and also send him PM's or reply here to let him know you are praying for him.

Thank you

Of course I'll pray for our brother, Tom. Thanks for this note, Lou.

Comment

Please keep praying for our dear brother Fisherman.

Comment

Please keep praying for Fisherman.

Comment

Thank you, Lou, for keeping the lamp going. I'll continue to pray.

Comment

Praying for Tommy. Get better soon Fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
              Praying for Tommy. Get better soon Fish.
              Thank you very much Steve for praying for Tom and letting us know that you are.

Comment

Please don't forget to pray for Fisherman.

God is full of mercy and grace and and asks us to pray for each other when sick.

He does not need our advise, or encouragement to have mercy on the one we pray for; but God includes us in His plans like a father would want his little child to help him repair the car. The child does not know how to fix the car, but the father likes to include his child in everything he does. God just likes to be with us.

Comment

A prayer for you, Fisherman, brother.

Psa 103
                  1 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
                  2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
                  3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
                  4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
                  5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
                  6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
                  7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
                  8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
                  9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
                  10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
                  11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
                  12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
                  13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
                  14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
                  15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
                  16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
                  17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
                  18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
                  19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
                  20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
                  21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
                  22 Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                    A prayer for you, Fisherman, brother.

Psa 103
                    1 A Psalm of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
                    2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
                    3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
                    4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
                    5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
                    6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
                    7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
                    8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
                    9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
                    10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
                    11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
                    12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
                    13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
                    14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
                    15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.
                    16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
                    17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
                    18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
                    19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.
                    20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
                    21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
                    22 Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
                    Thanks Barry.

Comment

James 5
                      The Prayer of Faith

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

There is only one way for a man to be righteous, that is for him to be covered in the blood of Jesus. To be righteous he has to have confessed every sin and have every sin forgiven and then cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

There is only one way to confess every sin that we have committed:

That is to confess that everything we have ever thought, ever spoke, and ever done is sin.

Then all of our sins are forgiven and covered in the blood of Jesus.

Then our prayers are POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE.

If you want to obey the above scriptures to the letter, anoint an object with olive oil and pray over it and send it to Fisherman.

Comment

I keep praying for you Tommy. I'm not going to stop.
                        Lou, does annointing an object have more power than just continued prayer?
                        Blessings..... Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                          I keep praying for you Tommy. I'm not going to stop.
                          Lou, does annointing an object have more power than just continued prayer?
                          Blessings..... Steve
                          That is above my currant pay grade. I do not know.

It could simply be that the Holy Spirit said this through James and Paul to help their faith.

BUT I was never healed by anointing of oil. It was simply mercy from Jesus. I was very sick with a 105 fever for days and called the elders to pray for me, nothing happened. But when I crawled down the stairs and sat on my couch and cried out to the Lord, He, Himself was in my living room right that second. It is the only time He appeared to me in more than a spiritual way. He healed each suffering as I asked Him to, one at a time. He healed my sore throat, then my stomach nausea, then my body aches. I ran up the stairs when only a few minutes before I had a very difficult time crawling down them. I took my temp and it was still 105. I ran back down stairs and The Lord had waited patiently for my return. I asked him to heal my fever and could feel His healing going through my body. I ran back upstairs and my fever was normal. It could not have been over two minutes since it read 105.

The important thing about this to me is that Jesus proved He cared for me. I was close to Him. He touched me several times.

I think the important thing is to try to be obedient to The Lord, and above all to TRUST fully and ONLY in Him.

Comment

Please pray for Fisherman today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
                              Please pray for Fisherman today.
                              I agree, brothers.

Comment

Working...
                              X