Prayer for Lou on his travels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for Lou on his travels

Lou says, "I am driving 700 miles today to Quincy Ill on the Mississippi River. Please pray for me and I hope everyone would post some scripture or testimony in my absence."

Please remember Lou in your prayers.

Praying for you brother for a safe trip and for the car to be okay .

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
      Praying for you brother for a safe trip and for the car to be okay .
      Thanks so much Steve. I left at 8 AM and stopped once to get gas and use the restroom. I arrived at 5 PM. The first part of the trip through Youngstown, Akron, Columbus, and Indianapolis was intense because traffic was very heavy. But after Indy the rest of the trip was enjoyable.

I am very thankful that the Lord helped me to prepare, and helped me to remember everything. He was constantly reminding me of things to do that I would have forgot.

The Lord is full of mercy and grace.

Comment

Amen Lou I am wishing you a blessed and fruitful time with your son. Blessings . .... Steve

Comment

Leah had to teach today so she went to bed early to be able to do so. Me and Isaac stayed up till 3:30 AM having discussions about the Holy Scriptures. It was a very fulfilling time for an old man to be filled with peace and joy by listening to his son talking about his beliefs about many subjects in the Holy Scriptures.

We talked about the two kinds of death, the six day creation, the fact that God is ONE and one does not equal three. I showed him scriptures that he had not thought about to reveal the truth about these subjects and Isaac did the same for me.

We talked about Physics, math and politics and we had a really enjoyable time.

The Lord Jesus is full of mercy and grace.

Comment

Amen. Thanks for sharing your visit with your family with us.

Comment

I am sorry for being so long with this post. But after the ordeal of driving back, I was really tired and went to bed at 11 PM and did not wake up till 10 AM the next morning.

There were really strong winds for 8 hours of the drive back home. It was also raining hard and then later it was also nighttime. That made driving really stressful. The wind was blowing so hard it blew the windshield wipers off of the glass and then they would hit really hard on the far side of the travel without wiping the rain off. Traffic was really heavy and there was a lot of semi trucks on the road which cause a lot of water spray and make it really difficult to see.

On I 465 in Indy it is 6 or seven lanes and someone missed their exit, so stopped on the highway to back up. All lanes were full and bumper to bumper. It was miraculous that all traffic got stopped and there was no accident. But after traffic stopped it was only going 20 MPH the next 20 miles.

Isaac was having trouble with his car and replaced the spark plugs and one coil before I got there, but it did not fix the problem. So I took my tools and thought I would be working outside in the cold to fix his car. BUT The Lord sent warm air up to Quincy and we worked in warm temps. BUT even more the problem was an easy repair. His car was running poorly because Walmart had botched the oil change and did not put the right oil in his car. The oil is used to change the cam timing to make the car run high torque at low RPM and high horsepower at high RPM. BUT with the wrong oil it did not work correctly. So all we had to do was change the oil to the proper kind and it ran great after that.

Isaac's wife Leah was sick the whole time and I did not catch what she had. Also the farmer I was working with before I went out there was so ill he had to go to the hospital and I was working with him before and after and did not catch what he had. Then a friend helped me repair my brothers tractor one day and he had a really bad cold, but I did not get that either. Thank you Jesus for protecting me and thank you everyone that prayed for me.

The whole trip out, the whole time I was there, and the whole trip back I felt the mercy and grace of the Lord Jesus upon me.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Comment

What an excellent testimony brother praise God for protecting you .

Comment

What an excellent testimony brother praise God for protecting you .
                  It was 27 degrees the day I left for Quincy which was very nice because I had a cooler of frozen fruit and a fresh turkey in my trunk; but no snow.

The days I was in Quincy and working on their cars it was 50 to 60 degrees in the end of Nov, very rare indeed.

The day I drove back it was high forties and raining hard. That time of year is famous for large snowfalls but no snow just rain.

Now it is below freezing again here. If it had been below freezing the day I drove back that rain would have been snow and a lot of it.

It is almost hard to believe that The Lord would watch over us like this.

Comment

Lou said :
                    "It is almost hard to believe that The Lord would watch over us like this."

It's hard to believe for those that don't believe to begin with. But we have hope. Imagine if we had to live a life without hope in our loving Father.

That surely was a treacherous ride home. Thankfully you were not alone.

For us it's not unusual because He always does something awesome for us and to protect us in most or all off the different circumstances we find ourselves in. Mostly all of them and all we need to do is ask for Him to save us (deliver us from evil). Thats how the election got won.

Sometimes I have trouble trying to think how the Lord listens to all the prayers, it's a huge undertaking to contemplate. Billions of prayers bombarding Him 24/7. I don't covet that responsibility. I don't think I would want that job. Very few appreciate Him for it

Once again I am so very happy for you and your family that you had a blessed time and trip home .

Comment

Lou said :
                      "It is almost hard to believe that The Lord would watch over us like this."

It's hard to believe for those that don't believe to begin with. But we have hope. Imagine if we had to live a life without hope in our loving Father.

That surely was a treacherous ride home. Thankfully you were not alone.

For us it's not unusual because He always does something awesome for us and to protect us in most or all off the different circumstances we find ourselves in. Mostly all of them and all we need to do is ask for Him to save us (deliver us from evil). Thats how the election got won.

Sometimes I have trouble trying to think how the Lord listens to all the prayers, it's a huge undertaking to contemplate. Billions of prayers bombarding Him 24/7. I don't covet that responsibility. I don't think I would want that job. Very few appreciate Him for it

Once again I am so very happy for you and your family that you had a blessed time and trip home .
                      Thanks very much Steve.

Sometimes I have trouble trying to think how the Lord listens to all the prayers, it's a huge undertaking to contemplate. Billions of prayers bombarding Him 24/7.
                      I do not know if the Lord listens to billions of prayers. He searches through all the earth looking for one man who fears His Word.

Maybe there are very few prayers the Lord even hears.

BUT as soon as ANYONE humbles themselves and truly seeks His face He hears them.

Of course you are still correct, not one of us could hear the prayers offered up to Him, even if it may seem few.

Comment

I was reminded of another mercy the Lord did for me. I had a small fruit fly problem before I left. I had forgot cores from pears and apples and left them out. The next day the fruit flies were very abundant. I tried to get rid of them several times and was not successful. But the next morning I had to leave. I thought, my whole apartment will be taken over with fruit flies by the time I return after a week.

Well when I returned I did not see even one fruit fly and have not seen one after several days. I do not know what happened to them.

Thanks for the prayers.

Thank you Lord Jesus.

Comment

That's a mystery, Lou. Indeed, fruit flies multiply faster than rabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                            That's a mystery, Lou. Indeed, fruit flies multiply faster than rabbits.
                            Thanks so much for the reply Barry. I know, I have seen them multiply to hundreds in a few days. I was gone almost a week. I have still not seen even one in my place, not one.

Comment

Several have said they could not find this, so bump.

Comment

Working...
                              X