Pray for Lou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for Lou

Lou recently has become very sick; 2 things come to mind. He has a smoker under him, and they also have a cat under him in his apt building. He's very allergic to both. Please pray that the Lord takes care of him.

Thank you, Tom. Praying for our brother Lou.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      Thank you, Tom. Praying for our brother Lou.
      His Internet is also out; at&t really has bad service around here.

Comment

I briefly spoke with Lou. He sounds pretty ill and in need of our prayers. Please keep him in prayer.

Comment

Praying for Lou.

Comment

I tried to call Lou but his phone is down too. Its also with ATT.

Comment

Lou called me and said thank you for the prayers. They are helping, he is feeling some improvement. He still sounds rough, though, so please continue to pray for him.

Comment

I thank everyone for the prayers. I shudder to think what kind of shape I would be in without them. Thanks Tom for starting this prayer request.

I feel a little better, so this is the first time I have not felt worse everyday for months. It is such an encouragement to feel a little better rather than worse.

I also found out that I have two cats on my side of the building, in fact every apartment below me has a cat.

But please keep praying for me, I have long way to go. I still am far away from being well.

Plus I have to have some way to remedy this situation. I do not see how I can live in a building with cats and smokers but have no where to go at this time.

Comment

Still praying for you Lou.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                    Still praying for you Lou.
                    Thanks Steve, I still need them.

Comment

Please continue to pray for me. My coughing is so continuous that it has given me a really bad headache and I feel pressure in my head from the coughing.

Comment

I pray for you, Lou.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                          I pray for you, Lou.
                          Thanks so very much Barry.

Comment

Always thinking of you and praying for you Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                              Always thinking of you and praying for you Lou
                              Thanks Steve.

A friend, Redoxmaloney, went shopping all over town looking for an air purifier that someone had in stock last night. If you go on the internet all the stores show air purifiers, but they do not have them in stock, you have to order them over the internet and then wait for them to deliver them.

Well he found one at Lowes. So I drove over there and bought one:

It is made by Idylis and is 30" high x 18" wide and 13" deep. It has two very large HEPA filters that cover the whole front area. It is rated for 465 sq ft or about half the size of my apartment and is rated to put out 300 CADR ( cubic feet of clean air delivery rate ). They had it on sale for $249. They are advertised on Ebay for $354. They had the replacement filters in stock for $50 and you need to replace them every year.

So it should clean most of the air in my apartment in a few days. My apartment has about 6000 cubic feet of air and divide that by 300 ( but that is on the high setting only) and it should clean the air once every 24 hours on high. But it make a lot of noise on high. I have it set on the setting right below high.

The result is that I was able to sleep last night after maybe 3 AM and it had cleaned the air in my bedroom.

I had not been able to fall asleep at all for two days (I could not stop coughing) and was really getting tired. I slept fairly well from 3 AM to 11 AM.

So this confirms to me that it was the smoke and cat dander that was my problem. The machine says the air is "very good" now, BUT I can still smell a little smoke in the air. ( but I could smell smoke very strong before )

So I may have to buy another electronic Ion air filter to add to this one to clean the air even better. This one filters out particles down to .3 microns, but ion filters take out the particles smaller than .3 microns.

And it sure looks like I have to move from this place.

So I thank everyone for the prayers and thank The Lord for answering them. Now I have to find a place that I can afford to move to and then move. That is a very tall order. I only pay a little over $500 a month rent here and that includes heat, water and trash.

Comment

Working...
                              X