Please pray for my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for my brother

My brother had not called and I had not called him for about six weeks. He doesn't have anyone to talk to, so he talked to me for two hours.

In our conversation he told me about a woman that he knows, who is disabled, and was out of food. So he took his grocery money and bought her food and took it to her. The next day she called him to complain about the time of day he brought it and did not seemed pleased with the way he did this in any way. He finally got angry and told her off. But he confessed that he had nothing to eat but rice, because he used his money to buy her food.

He also broke his foot at work and can not even wear a boot for it, because if he does they will fire him immediately. If he files for workman's comp, they will fire him.

Please pray that he finds a job where he is appreciated. I know he works very hard where he works, and they do nothing but complain to him.

I will take him some food tomorrow morning. So he will have food.

I will pray, brother Lou.

Comment

Your brother's story reminds me to be extremely grateful.
      I do not doubt that for the believers there are no coincidences or that there are things that are just happenstance. Believers ought to believe divine lessons are delivered through the lessons of life. Each lesson is designed especially for the sanctification of the individual believer. Most of the time outsiders have not a clue what the lesson is about. However, believers will eventual get the message - some sooner than others. Even unbelievers are hounded by divinely designed lessons of life. Such lessons are announcements that the LORD is not through with us.

Some of my life lessons came because of being the un-favored child of the family. Being un-favored was a divine blessing because it was an easy way to be taught. On the other hand, my elder brother and the favored son had to learn the same lessons in his thirties. He learned them through tragedy and the loss of loved ones.

I continue to interpret the events of my life as divinely designed lessons to effect sanctification in me and to compel me to be obedient.

I would never presume to interpret the events in the life of your brother, but this I know for sure. Praying for a person will often increase the number or severity of the divinely designed lessons of life.
      The LORD isn't playing softball.
      He aims to win against death.

My prayer is that your brother finds the voice of the LORD in his suffering and hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
        Your brother's story reminds me to be extremely grateful.
        I do not doubt that for the believers there are no coincidences or that there are things that are just happenstance. Believers ought to believe divine lessons are delivered through the lessons of life. Each lesson is designed especially for the sanctification of the individual believer. Most of the time outsiders have not a clue what the lesson is about. However, believers will eventual get the message - some sooner than others. Even unbelievers are hounded by divinely designed lessons of life. Such lessons are announcements that the LORD is not through with us.

Some of my life lessons came because of being the un-favored child of the family. Being un-favored was a divine blessing because it was an easy way to be taught. On the other hand, my elder brother and the favored son had to learn the same lessons in his thirties. He learned them through tragedy and the loss of loved ones.

I continue to interpret the events of my life as divinely designed lessons to effect sanctification in me and to compel me to be obedient.

I would never presume to interpret the events in the life of your brother, but this I know for sure. Praying for a person will often increase the number or severity of the divinely designed lessons of life.
        The LORD isn't playing softball.
        He aims to win against death.

My prayer is that your brother finds the voice of the LORD in his suffering and hardship.
        I think that is a good prayer for my brother, thank you.

He has suffering, not being accepted, and persecution almost from birth.

Comment

I will be praying for Greg. I believe that it's illegal to fire someone if they get hurt on the job. They have a certain amount of time allotted to heal. He has recourse.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
            I will be praying for Greg. I believe that it's illegal to fire someone if they get hurt on the job. They have a certain amount of time allotted to heal. He has recourse.
            Thanks Steve for praying and thanks for the info.

Comment

Please remember to pray for my brother Greg.

Comment

Working...
              X