Please pray for Linda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for Linda

Please pray for Tennessee Linda. She is having surgery to have a stent installed.

I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      I will.
      Thanks Barry.

Comment

Do you know what day she's going in?

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Do you know what day she's going in?
          I think Monday.

Comment

Please pray for Linda today, Sunday and Monday for her surgery.

Comment

Please remember to pray for Linda today and Monday.

Comment

Please pray for Linda's surgery today.

Comment

Linda Shaffield Cook

12 hrs ∑

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well-wishes. The insertion went fine. I am home. Sore throat, cough, fat lip....but everything else is fine. I think they somehow trapped my lip under the thing the camera goes into, so i look like I have a bad Botox injection. The Lord is so good, though, and I am sure this will give me another year of freedom. I am not sure how long this will stay in before it has to be removed.

my sweet daughter took us out for an anniversary supper and sat with Dan through the procedure, as well as allowing us to stay at her house (with our two monster pups) the night before, so we could sleep an hour later. Thanks, Vic.

Comment

We rejoice with you, Linda. Praise and thanks to our Lord.

Comment

Update from Linda: well God led me through the surgery, got me through that first week out of the hospital, now a week at home. There have been many trials, learning to eat seems to be the hardest. Since they took a third of my stomach, I canít eat much at the time. Food tastes really strange. At first, I could only eat super salty foods. I craved bullion, and anything with a salty taste.

Now, I am eating more variety. I can not hold more than a half a sandwich. I have always loved pbjís. I found I could eat peanut butter and cherry jam. My free range eggs still donít taste right, but I am eating one for breakfast.

Still lots of pain, but it is better. I am making myself walk more. Needless to say, there are good days and bad days, but God holds my hand and my family has been sooooooo wonderful! I canít say enough about the help I have been given, also my friend Jennifer Harris, who cam every day while I was in Knoxville and gathered eggs and mail and kept a check on things

Comment

From Linda:

Linda Shaffield Cook I certainly felt like giving up yesterday. I had my first migraine in 17 years. I had myself a big pity party and a big cry. Today, I felt fine. Rode two hours to the doctor, passed with flying colors, visited with my daughter, then rode two hours home. I am still feeling ok

Comment

Linda, such suffering as yours makes us struggle with "God's grace is sufficient."
                          You continue to be in our prayers.
                          Remember to always trust regardless of whatever.
                          Trusting triumphs over all else.

Comment

Linda Shaffield Cook

October 18 at 5:43pm ∑

Cancer update:

Saw the oncologist today. Loved him!

Good news......my cancer sat there for a year without spreading. Had it been an aggressive cancer, he said I would be dead right now. THAT IS GOD

Second.....they got it all out. THAT IS GOD

This cancer is so rare, there are no studies to prove chemo helps, but because it was in such a scary place, they want me to try chemo.

Right now, I am anemic and having a very hard time eating, so I need to build up my blood count and eat. I will go back in two weeks and we will reassess everything.

I am praising God this was not aggressive and they got it all out. Thank you prayer warriors!!

Comment

Linda Shaffield Cook

4 hrs ∑

I heard from my cancer surgeon last night. He presented my case before the cancer board....who knew there was such a thing?

He says everyone of them think I should have chemo......now......I am not a fan of putting poison I. Your body. This is why I raise free range chickens, plant an organic orchard and garden, avoid GMO products, do not take the flu or pneumonia shots, eat no sugar and very little wheat.

So the idea of sitting there and allowing doctors to pump poison into my body sounds absolutely atrocious to me. Also, there is actually no evidence that chemo helps with ampullary cancer. Of course, they have not had enough cases to follow for this info, but I am really having a hard time dealing with this.

I ask that, if you have Time, in this busy world, to pray the Holy Spirit let me know the answer. I realize there is a verse in the New Testament that says you can drink deadly poison and God will protect you. If I decide to do chemo, this is what I will cling to.

Comment

Working...
                              X