Please pray for Lou Newton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for Lou Newton

Hi, folks. Lou is currently having some health issues. He's resting, and asked me to put something up. He has physical injuries and his spirits are down. Please keep him in your daily prayers, and ask the Lord to lead you in praying for what is needful.

Thanks Barry. Your prayers really helped me. I got the most sleep last night that I have got in a month. The pain was also way less all day today.

Praise The Lord Jesus.

Comment

I got some sleep the first night that this prayer request appeared. But I was not been able to sleep the next night, and I have not been able to get to sleep tonight.

Not being able to sleep is a symptom of a concussion. Please pray for me that I can get some sleep tonight.

Comment

I am praying for you, Lou.

Comment

I am always praying for you Lou. I hope you will get some medical help. It's the prudent thing to do. I know what not sleeping is like. I will keep up the prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
            I am praying for you, Lou.
            Thanks Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
              I am always praying for you Lou. I hope you will get some medical help. It's the prudent thing to do. I know what not sleeping is like. I will keep up the prayers.
              I have sought medical help Steve. I went to a special event that was put on by Life Line. They did 5 cardiovascular tests on me for $139. I have not received the results yet.

But I think the prudent thing to do it to always seek The Lord and ask Him what one should do. I prayed last Friday night and asked Him to help me find out why I was falling so much. I have fallen maybe once every 4 years and this year I have fallen 3 times already, with the one fall far more serious than any other fall I have taken.

I went walking the next morning on a trail that has no hills or embankments on it. I seen this man taking down trail makers for the 50 K races they had that morning. I asked him about the race and said I wanted to enter that race years ago and even ran one 16 mile loop one year. He said I should have run it this year and I replied that I fell several weeks ago and am afraid to even run on the trail now days.

He asked me if I had any head injuries before this and I told him about the three times I fractured my scull. He kept asking questions and finally told me I had a very serious concussion. He said with my history of at least 4 previous concussions, that even someone slapping me on the head could give me a concussion.

I could not have got that much careful attention if I paid a doctor $500 and this doctor did not charge me anything. He could have directed me to seek charity or other help, but instead helped me himself. He was very busy taking down those trail markers and stopped to help me. The trail is a 16 mile loop and takes a lot of time to take them all down.

I had many of the symptoms for a concussion, but a person who has one is not aware of their plight. That is what a concussion does to a person. He told me that another fall could possibly be fatal and pleaded with me to be very careful.

Comment

Wow, praise God for His mercy. He gave you a free diagnosis. Please do something about this. I don't know why you had to pay 130 dollars for the tests you took, but I think the Lord is telling you something. I hope you are able to get the help you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                  Wow, praise God for His mercy. He gave you a free diagnosis. Please do something about this. I don't know why you had to pay 130 dollars for the tests you took, but I think the Lord is telling you something. I hope you are able to get the help you need.
                  I seemed to have found out why I fell 3 times while running on the trail. But I still do not know why I have passed out while eating or drinking. I have been getting dizzy for many years and it caused me to stagger while walking. I think it has something to do with my cardio vascular system and that is why I went for those five tests. If I had got them done in a hospital my co pay would have been far more than $139.

Comment

When a person goes to the hospital, they either have insurance or are a self-pay as I was several years ago. Once a self-pay is initiated, the hospital will attempt to secure the money at full value by initiating an application by the patient for what is commonly called "charity care". Once approved for charity care it is usually a year long commitment from the benefactor and will cover any and all medical expenses outside of 2nd party billable entities such as insurance. But many times the co-pay or subscriber obligation exceeds the individual's capacity to pay. That's where the charity care can help. Sometimes one has to request it. Either way it is a God-send since it helps so many people. I myself was deemed ineligible due to my income. So I wound up paying a reduced amount to the hospital, which I am still paying on a monthly basis. The original bill was 250,000 but once reduced for self-pay it was 14,900. So I pay $50 a month for the past several years and will continue to pay until it is payed off. But I would have been eligible for charity care if I wasn't in my own business. So I highly suggest anyone applies to charity care and the worst thing that can happen is a denial. Blessings ..... Steve

Comment

Well yesterday I received some good news. I received my cardio vascular test results in the mail:

I had these same tests 13 years ago but I was concerned that after 13 years my condition may be far worse. Back then the guys doing the tests told me that I had blood vessels like a 20 year old. But something is making me dizzy and passing out sometimes while I am eating or drinking.

The results that were possible were the following : Normal - Mild - Moderate - Significant - Critical

Critical would mean that the person needed immediate surgery and normal means no blockage.

The five tests were:

Carotid Artery disease - Normal

Atrial Fibrillation - Normal

Aorta Aneurysm - Normal

Peripheral Arterial Disease - Normal

Osteoporosis - Normal

Body Mass Index - Normal

I was very thankful to get these results at the age of 74

Thanks again for your prayers.

But I still do not know what is causing me to get dizzy and pass out sometimes. It was from getting dizzy and falling in my kitchen that I received my first concussion that caused me to fall while running on the trail. That is how I hurt my shoulder that is giving me so much pain after a month.

Comment

Don't tell me that God does not answer prayers. I have not been able to sleep because of pain and a concussion. ( concussions can keep you from sleeping) But people have been praying for me and I slept a few hours last night about an hour at a time. But this morning I went back to bed at 9 and slept till noon. That is the best sleep I have gotten for a month. Thank you all for your prayers.

Comment

Working...
                        X