Pray for the living

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for the living

Dear siblings, I've lost a loved one. Please pray for my remaining family, all of whom are without Jesus, that God would use this time for their good. God bless you.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    Dear siblings, I've lost a loved one. Please pray for my remaining family, all of whom are without Jesus, that God would use this time for their good. God bless you.
    So sorry to hear Barry. I am praying for you and your family.

Comment

I'll be praying for you Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        Baruch,

President Eisenhower said, “There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were.”
        This must be the grief of God the Father over the loss of the unredeemed – the potential child of God – lost! The ultimate Amber Alert.

With your loss maybe the fiery yelling of the hellfire and brimstone preacher to repent – and get out for your house is a fire – might be seen as desperate pleas to accept forgiveness and grace rather than the unforgiving voice of angry preachers.

An analogy –
        I taught school for over 20 years. The opening introduction on the first day of school – “I’m not fair. Don’t accuse me for not being fair because I am not going to be fair. I will not treat you all the same. The only thing in my classroom that is unfair is if I cannot make you learn. If you do not learn in my classroom – that is what is unfair, and you can then tell me I was unfair to you because I did not make you learn. I will agree with you and cry.

I will give you candy or rewards to get you to learn. I will make you stand in the corner or stay after school until your parent can pick you up. I will praise you for learning and yell at you for not learning. I will be nice to you if you learn but mean to you if you do not learn. There is only one unfair thing in my classroom. It is unfair if you don’t learn!”

Well, this is the fire and brimstone raving for a classroom teacher. It must be in some figurative way how God the Father feels about those for whom he sent His only begotten Son to redeem us from sin and death.

Baruch, I am offensive because I must tell the lost sinner their house is on fire as I make the desperate plea that Jesus was sent to save them from the fire. Believers are unfair if the warning and the good news are not yelled as long as the house burns. The marvelous success of the apostles and the early Church stemmed from being motivated by the belief they were living in the end of an age where the expectation was for a soon returning Lord Jesus. Time was short or we might say – their house was already burning.

Length of life is unknown. No one knows how long the house will burn before an unrepentant sinner dies. It is urgent that we all pray for the members of your family who are unredeemed. However, someone must shout – shout without apology, “Your house is on fire!” and believe the Holy Spirit will strike!

It pains me to think how you must hurt for those you love. During my two sons early years in college they both did more than stray from God. Yes, I regularly offended them.
        However, I counted the cost of sons loss to sin and death. Boy, did I ever pray! God did not answer my prayer but accused me of not trusting my sons to Him. Instantly, I understood that I feared what God might do to them. God said, “You stand between me and your sons.” That day, I emotionally sacrificed my sons to the Lord for Him to do with whatever He desired. I gave back to God what He had given to me.

Some power stands between your unrepentant family and their ability to accept the probing of the Holy Spirit. It is unknown to us outsiders what stands in the way, but I don’t believe in diplomacy when the house is on fire. If the eternal destiny of members of your family is your burden from God, then God has guidance for you. On the other hand, if you can wash your hands or shake the dust from your feet, then know this burden does not belong to you.

Know this, the Holy Spirit does not allow us to take the wrong path.
        So, act with confidence and be at peace over your mission.

Comment

Thank you for your prayers, encouragement and advice. These are very precious to me.

Comment

Working...
          X