Please pray for my diverticulitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for my diverticulitis

Going to the gastro doctor this afternoon. Feeling pain and inflammation where I had the bad abscess 4 years ago. Please pray I don't need surgery. Thanks and blessings.

I pray that you would be in the hands of the Lord Steve.

Comment

Thanks Lou. The doctor said it's all in my head so he recommends a lobotomy. Thanks for the prayers. God is so good and generous. I don't know how anybody lives without Him.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
        Thanks Lou. The doctor said it's all in my head so he recommends a lobotomy. Thanks for the prayers. God is so good and generous. I don't know how anybody lives without Him.
        Catching up on your doctor appointment and condition.

Very pleased you do not need surgery.
        Intestinal pain is a symptom of something is wrong.
        We must be diligent because a misdiagnoses might cause us to ignore pain symptoms that should be treated.
        We should change all external things that might be causing the pain.

The pain, as you must know, is exacerbated by eating too much, eating too much meat and cheese, alcohol, tobacco, stress, lack of sleep, lifting heavy weight, etc. Eating too much at a setting is very painful with diverticulitis. I understand diverticulitis is with you for life. Accordingly, changing the external things which causes pain is important.

In some people, actually in a large number of people, the dental amalgam fillings are responsible for intestinal ulcerative colitis. For these people replacing the amalgam fillings with a composite usually results in much improved condition in less than three months.

Tooth decay may cause stomach and intestinal problems as well as systemic infection.

Change diet which might be causing the pain.

My advice is to be sure to increase your water intake* and raw vegetables.

For breakfast try uncooked, old fashion rolled oats served with a fruit in soy milk.
        This breakfast will feel easy on the tummy and provides hunger control well into the afternoon.

At lunch try raw sliced squash, zucchini, cucumber, tomato, peppers, onion smorgasbord with a vinegar or pickle juice dip seasoned to your preference. It will never be appetizing but afterwards you will come to enjoy the feeling of comfort.

If you are like me, I need something on my stomach at bed time. Again the snack is not tasty, but it will fill up the tummy. A rice cake with a glass of water puts a large volume in the tummy. Rice cakes are tasteless, dry Styrofoam like wafers. Such a diet which includes 3 fruits a day helps keep the stools soft and controls weight.

For a tasty kabob dinner try this easy oven baked idea with out the trouble of using a skewer or grill. Cookie sheet lightly coated with oil - cube beef, onion cut in sections, whole mushrooms, sliced peppers of your choosing. Bake these at 440 for about seven minutes. Add sliced squash and zucchini and quartered tomatoes for another seven minutes. Cooking time can be longer depending on ones taste. Salt and pepper the smorgasbord while on your plate. Again, this is an easy meal on the tummy and intestines.

Footnote:
        *Some sources recommend total daily water intake at 3.7 liters (15 cups or eight glasses) for the average adult male. There is not a medical study verifying a necessary amount of water.
        Last edited by glen smith; November 2, 2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Please pray for Steve today.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and prayer request brothers. I do try and have changed my diet since having a bad bout of the Diverticulitis. Yes it is with me for life unless I elect to have surgery to remove that part of the damaged colon. I am afraid to do this and the risks outweigh the benefits. I have other issues to be discussed privately, but I am getting the colonoscopy in December and hopefully I should be okay. Blessings ..... Steve
            Last edited by Steve Hollander; November 11, 2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

After you do the prep for the colonoscopy in December pay attention to how you feel and the relative activity of the diverticulitis. This should provide an indicator of just how much diet can help. May the Lord watch over you.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
                After you do the prep for the colonoscopy in December pay attention to how you feel and the relative activity of the diverticulitis. This should provide an indicator of just how much diet can help. May the Lord watch over you.
                Thanks Glen. I will try, but the whole thing is a huge stressful ordeal and I am not sure I will be much good for observations.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post

Thanks Glen. I will try, but the whole thing is a huge stressful ordeal and I am not sure I will be much good for observations.
                  I have a colonoscopy every two years since 1984. In the more recent invasions I can watch on the monitor and get a play by play commentary from the doctor. I used to drive home afterwards. Now, my wife and I go out to eat as soon as it is over or when she gets back to the clinic from shopping, etc. I could still drive home afterwards. I am grateful I can afford the procedure.

If pain or discomfort is temporary it is insignificant. Constant pain can destroy. The worse pain I can think of is if my wife left me.

Comment

I get bloated from the procedure and am in great discomfort afterwards for a few hours. I can't eat until it passes. Every 2 years is alot. Do you have a condition?

Comment

Working...
                    X