Please pray for Lou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for Lou

I have been sick for several days. I have diarrhea and got up about 8 times last night to go to the bathroom. I am supposed to leave for the Illinois- Missouri state line on the Mississippi tomorrow morning. I feel pretty weak after last night. I have went 3 times since I got up this morning.

I'll be praying for you Lou. Maybe you should stay home. You may need antibiotics. I pray for deliverance for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
      I'll be praying for you Lou. Maybe you should stay home. You may need antibiotics. I pray for deliverance for you.
      Thanks Steve. Last night something went out of place in my back. It gives me extreme pain just to move slightly.

Comment

May you be well by your birthday!

Comment

You poor afflicted man brother Lou. It sounds like you are being put through a test or a series of tests. And it sounds like you are being tested rather abruptly causing much more stress and anxiety to go along with the misery of your ailment. I am so sorry you are going through this brother. I'll keep praying.
          Lord Jesus please give Lou relief from his intestinal problems and please restore him to health for your own good pleasure and to glorify thyself oh great and most kind and generous of a King one could dream of as one's own King. Thank you for your kindness and generosity. In His name we pray.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post
            May you be well by your birthday!
            I sure hope I will be better by my birthday, Oct 5. Thanks Glen.

Comment

You poor afflicted man brother Lou. It sounds like you are being put through a test or a series of tests. And it sounds like you are being tested rather abruptly causing much more stress and anxiety to go along with the misery of your ailment. I am so sorry you are going through this brother. I'll keep praying.
              Lord Jesus please give Lou relief from his intestinal problems and please restore him to health for your own good pleasure and to glorify thyself oh great and most kind and generous of a King one could dream of as one's own King. Thank you for your kindness and generosity. In His name we pray.
              Thanks Steve.

My Chiropractor made me an emergency appointment that same day and he said my injury was from being on the toilet so much the past days. Seriously, it was called toilet something. He said sitting increases the pressure of your spine a lot but sitting on the toilet ( with the hole below your spine) increases the pressure tremendously.

He did something I do not remember him doing before; he pulled quickly on my head at the neck, which caused pain at the site of my lower back. He said he had to keep doing this until it did not hurt when he did it. He must have pulled 20 times or more, before it did not hurt. BUT it was like a miracle. I walked out with sore back, not one with extreme pain at every move. It is even better this morning, but I have learned that a preventive treatment really pays off. So I am going in again this morning.

The back made me almost forget about my shoulder, but my shoulder still woke me up several times last night with the pain.

Last night I suddenly realized that I needed to repent and I did. I had decided to travel to see Isaac without asking The Lord about it. I suddenly felt like I was fighting with God and said I sure did not want to fight God. I repented and said I would not go until He either blessed my journey or told me not to go. A short time after I prayed He told me I should not go. It was a very hard pill to swallow. I look forward to going to see them when they invite me. When I visit they spend their entire time with me. We go everywhere together and do everything together. Also I can stay at their house because they do not have dogs or cats in their house.

Comment

First thing this morning I was shown that it would have been a disaster if I had decided to drive the 700 miles to Isaac's and Leah's home. I woke up and shortly after I thought I may have to use the restroom. I quickly got up and moved as fast as I could and barely made it in time. If I had been on the road doing 75 MPH, I would not had time to even slow down and pull off the road let alone look for a rest stop. My car would have been ruined.

But then I went to the Dr, and when he was through, my back was almost pain free, and my shoulder was back to fairly low pain. Later my diarrhea was cleared up and I feel much better.

It seems The Lord was simply showing me that I should not drive that 700 miles to Quincy, Illinois on the Mississippi River.

I am disappointed not to spend Thanksgiving with them, but thankful that The Lord has so much mercy and grace for us.

Thanks very much for your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post

I sure hope I will be better by my birthday, Oct 5. Thanks Glen.
                  Well, my good wishes sounds more like a curse. Sorry!

Comment

Thanks Steve.

My Chiropractor made me an emergency appointment that same day and he said my injury was from being on the toilet so much the past days. Seriously, it was called toilet something. He said sitting increases the pressure of your spine a lot but sitting on the toilet ( with the hole below your spine) increases the pressure tremendously.

He did something I do not remember him doing before; he pulled quickly on my head at the neck, which caused pain at the site of my lower back. He said he had to keep doing this until it did not hurt when he did it. He must have pulled 20 times or more, before it did not hurt. BUT it was like a miracle. I walked out with sore back, not one with extreme pain at every move. It is even better this morning, but I have learned that a preventive treatment really pays off. So I am going in again this morning.

The back made me almost forget about my shoulder, but my shoulder still woke me up several times last night with the pain.

Last night I suddenly realized that I needed to repent and I did. I had decided to travel to see Isaac without asking The Lord about it. I suddenly felt like I was fighting with God and said I sure did not want to fight God. I repented and said I would not go until He either blessed my journey or told me not to go. A short time after I prayed He told me I should not go. It was a very hard pill to swallow. I look forward to going to see them when they invite me. When I visit they spend their entire time with me. We go everywhere together and do everything together. Also I can stay at their house because they do not have dogs or cats in their house.
                    I'm going to do the same thing and go see my chiropractor. My hip and knee have been hurting bad the past few weeks. It's gotten to be unbearable.
                    I'm sorry you didn't get to see your son. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post

Well, my good wishes sounds more like a curse. Sorry!
                      No problem, I knew you just remembered the wrong date for my BD.

Comment

I'm going to do the same thing and go see my chiropractor. My hip and knee have been hurting bad the past few weeks. It's gotten to be unbearable.
                        I'm sorry you didn't get to see your son. I'm glad you're feeling better.
                        Dr Sansone is one of the best. I look forward to seeing Issac and Leah for Thanksgiving because I get to spend time with them alone. But it is good to be feeling better.

Comment

No problem, I knew you just remembered the wrong date for my BD.
                          I thought it was December 5 - that too was a long way off.
                          Mark it up to a deteriorating memory.
                          Last edited by glen smith; November 25, 2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

-----------------------------------
                            Ok! Ok! Ok! I am still laughing!
                            You are broken down old guys.
                            The toilet thing - too, too funny.
                            I wear braces, sleep with a heating pad, wake up every night with back/shoulder/neck/arm/knee/wrist pain and chest congestion and take aspirin - get over being old.
                            You could be dead.
                            Getting old is not only funny it is a blessing.
                            I had to stop working today because of knee pain - but I could work - for a while.
                            Physically, I am pitiful. Mentally, I am slower.
                            Spiritually, I am in bliss.
                            I don't have time to complain about a body that is returning to dust.
                            I have more important things to accomplish before dust consumes me.
                            This is the last you will hear of my physical complaints.
                            Such things are not important.
                            I do not worship my body.

Comment

Lou, family?
                              7 hours!
                              So very sorry!
                              How blessed I am.
                              Five grandchildren and a daughter-in-law on Tuesday.
                              Five grandchildren, a son and two daughter-in-laws on Wednesday.
                              Five grandchildren, two sons and two daughter-in-laws on Thursday.
                              Better than I deserve.

Comment

Working...
                              X