Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Resurrection Evidence that Changed a Generation of Scholars - Professor Gary Habermas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Resurrection Evidence that Changed a Generation of Scholars - Professor Gary Habermas

Gary Habermas uses historical analysis to prove that the Gospel's sources cannot get any closer to the resurrection of Jesus Christ than they are. This proves the accounts of the resurrection of Jesus are far more reliable fact than other biographies that are universally trusted by historical scholars. It is really remarkable. The more I think about this, the more my jaw just hangs. God continues to reveal that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Video description: Gary is Distinguished Professor and Chair of Philosophy at Liberty University, USA. He is widely considered the world expert on the historiographical evidence for Christ's resurrection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXqpnRoB7_g

Thanks Barry, good video.

The Bible is UNIQUE. That means there is not one other book like it in existence.

It is unique in every way that a book can be unique. There is no other book that compares in any way.

It is written by about 40 different men over a period of around 1500 years, YET they do not contradict one another, but agree on all foundational doctrines.

It was written by men who died rather than denying what they wrote was not true. The testimony of Abraham ( about 4700 years ago) agrees with the testimony of Paul who lived less than 2000 years ago.

The Koran is only the testimony of one man. That one man contradicts himself from what he wrote at first to what he wrote later. Even he admits to these contradictions himself ,right in the Koran.

Comment

What would you do if someone told you that you had a letter, sent from God to you, in your mailbox? Would you rush down to get it and read it immediately. Most would. But you have 66 letters that God wrote you, right in your house now. These are all contained in the Bible. Have you read all of them ?

Yet as I listen to many Christians and even many pastors, they reveal that they have not read all of the Bible, OR they are very poor readers. Because they reveal they are ignorant about the Holy Scriptures. So first, every person should read the entire Bible. Start with the smaller books and highlight the books in the table of contents as you read them. As you highlight them it will inspire you to read one more until you have read them all.

As you read them, ask The Lord questions about them and talk to Him. He will talk to you as you read them. This relationship is what will drive you to read the entire Bible. It will be your meeting place with Him.

But after you read the entire Bible then you might want to read this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Evidence-That.../dp/0840743785

"Evidence that Demands a Verdict" is a book of evidence that reveals that the Bible is true. It is evidence that hundreds of students dug up over a period of years. It gives all types of evidence. It took me a long time to read this book because it gives thousands of passages to look up that the author lists to prove his points. You can buy this book, used, for $4 including the shipping.

Some may complain that the author uses the Bible to prove the Bible. But that can be a valid thing to do IF it is rational and valid points that he makes. But he also gives many other evidences that are not in the Bible.

I highly recommend this book and also " More Evidence that Demands a Verdict". I have read both books and looked up every passage as I read them years ago.

Comment

Bump - this is a very good subject that everyone should read

Comment

Thanks Lou I will definitely be reading these.

Comment

Working...
          X