Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is God's message in the heavens important ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is God's message in the heavens important ?

    Isaiah 30
    26 The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

    Revelation 16
    8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

    These passages were written thousands of years ago before man had any instruments to study the Sun.

    I find it very interesting that God has revealed to mere men in today's world that the sun will become much brighter in the future.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/sun-d...e-dwarf-2016-9

    The sun will destroy Earth a lot sooner than you might think

    Kevin Gill

    There are plenty of ways Earth could go. It could smash into another planet, be swallowed by a black hole, or get pummeled to death by asteroids. There's really no way to tell which doomsday scenario will be the cause of our planet's demise.

    But one thing is for sure — even if Earth spends the rest of its eons escaping alien attacks, dodging space rocks, and avoiding a nuclear apocalypse, there will come a day when our own sun will eventually destroy us.

    This process won't be pretty, as Business Insider's video team recently illustrated when they took a look at what will happen to Earth when the sun finally does die out in a blaze of glory.

    And as Jillian Scudder, an astrophysicist at the University of Sussex, explained to Business Insider in an email, the day might come sooner than we think. Bleeding Earth dry


    The sun survives by burning hydrogen atoms into helium atoms in its core. In fact, it burns through 600 million tons of hydrogen every second.



    via GIPHY



    And as the sun's core becomes saturated with this helium, it shrinks, causing nuclear fusion reactions to speed up — which means that the sun spits out more energy. In fact, for every billion years the sun spends burning hydrogen, it gets about 10% brighter.



    via GIPHY



    And while 10% might not seem a lot, that difference could be catastrophic for our planet.

    "The predictions for what exactly will happen to Earth as the Sun brightens over the next billion years are pretty uncertain," Scudder said. "But the general gist is that the increasing heat from the sun will cause more water to evaporate off the surface, and be held in the atmosphere instead. The water then acts as a greenhouse gas, which traps more incoming heat, which speeds up the evaporation."

    Before it ever even runs out of hydrogen, the sun's high energy light will bombard our atmosphere and "split apart the molecules and allow the water to escape as hydrogen and oxygen, eventually bleeding Earth dry of water," Scudder said.

    Kevin Gill

    And it doesn't end there. A 10% increase in brightness every billion years means that 3.5 billion years from today, the sun will shine almost 40% brighter, which will boil Earth's oceans, melt its ice caps, and strip all of the moisture from its atmosphere.



    via GIPHY



    Our planet, once bursting with life, will become unbearably hot, dry, and barren — like Venus.

    Kevin Gill

    And as the steady thump of time drums down on our existence, the situation will only get more bleak. The sun's death rattle


    All good things eventually come to an end. Every book has a final chapter, every pizza has one last bite, and every person has a dying breath. And one day, about four or five billion years from now, the sun will burn through its last gasp of hydrogen and start burning helium instead.

    "Once hydrogen has stopped burning in the core of the sun, the star has formally left the main sequence and can be considered a red giant," Scudder said. "It will then spend about a billion years expanding and burning helium in its core, with a shell around it where hydrogen is still able to fuse into helium."

    ESO/L. Calçada

    As the sun sheds its outer layers, its mass will decrease, loosening its gravitational hold on all of the planets. So all of the planets orbiting the sun will drift a little further away.

    When the sun becomes a full blown red giant, Scudder said, its core will get extremely hot and dense while its outer layer expands ... a lot.



    via GIPHY



    Its atmosphere will stretch out to Mars' current orbit, swallowing Mercury and Venus.



    via GIPHY



    Although the sun's atmosphere will reach Mars' orbit, Mars will escape, as it will have wandered past the reach of the sun's expanding atmosphere.

    Earth, on the other hand, has two options: either escape the expanding sun or be consumed by it. But even if our planet slips out of the sun's reach, the intense temperatures will burn it to a sad, dead crisp.

    "In either case, our planet will be pretty close to the surface of the red giant, which is not good for life," Scudder said.

    Kevin Gill

    Although more massive stars can begin another shell of fusing heavier elements when this helium is exhausted, the sun is too feeble to generate the pressure needed to begin that layer of fusion, Scudder explained. So when the sun's helium dries up, it's pretty much all downhill from there. From red giant to white dwarf


    Once the sun has emptied its fuel reserves, it will become unstable and start to pulse.



    via GIPHY



    With every pulse, the sun will shrug off layers of its outer atmosphere until all that's left is a cold, heavy core, surrounded by a planetary nebula.

    X-ray: NASA/CXC/RIT/J.Kastner et al.; Optical: NASA/STScI

    With each passing day this core, known as a white dwarf, will cool and fade hopelessly out of existence as if it didn't once host the most lively planet ever discovered in the sweeping canvas of the universe.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; September 21, 2016, 02:22 PM.

  • #2
    Frightening but the Lord has it under control. Thanks for posting this Lou.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
      Frightening but the Lord has it under control. Thanks for posting this Lou.
      Amen Steve.

      Certainly we an trust in the ONE who proved He wants to save us by shedding His blood on the cross for us and proved He is able to save us by raising Himself from the dead.

      Comment


      • #4
        Psalm 19New International Version (NIV)

        Psalm 19

        For the director of music. A psalm of David.

        1The heavens declare the glory of God;
        the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
        2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
        night after night they reveal knowledge.
        3 They have no speech, they use no words;
        no sound is heard from them.
        4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
        their words to the ends of the world.
        In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
        5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,

        like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
        6 It rises at one end of the heavens
        and makes its circuit to the other;
        nothing is deprived of its warmth.

        Here God says the sun is like the Bridegroom coming out of HIS chamber.

        If the sun is a type of The Lord, would God make that sun exist for a few thousand years, or would He make it exist for billions of years.

        Billions of years is like eternity to mere men. Thousands of years is like a few days to The Lord.

        1The heavens declare the glory of God;

        Is what is written here really true ? If the heavens declare the glory of God then is God's glory a short period of time or eternity.

        How could the heavens declare His glory of they only existed for a few thousand years ?

        Only God is eternal and has no beginning and no end. So the creation can not be eternal. BUT if it is to declare the glory of God who is eternal, wouldn't God create the universe so it would seem almost eternal to mere men ?

        I can easily imagine six thousand years. I have seen several 100 thousand people at one place ( the Indy 500) and I can imagine 1 million people. But I can not imagine 13 billion people. It is beyond my ability, so 13 billion seems like eternity to mere men.


        Last edited by Lou Newton; September 18, 2016, 11:27 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          God plainly says that the heavens declare His glory. His glory is certainly Truth. So the heavens certainly declare the Truth.

          Most star systems have more than one star. We used to think that there were many that were single stars, but as we got bigger telescopes, we found that many of these had a twin star that we could not see before. As we got even bigger telescopes we found that even these twins were often two twin stars and so they were either three or four stars in their systems. The reason we could not see these stars was many were white dwarfs. White dwarfs are stars that have died and the dead star is still massive ( has a lot of matter in it) but it is very small in size. White dwarfs are only about the diameter of the earth which is tiny compared to our sun, as so hard to see from earth.

          Now many stars systems have more than one star, BUT THEY HAVE NO LIFE.

          There can be no life in any star system that has more than one star. Any planet that would orbit these stars would get very hot and then very cold and they could not have water in all three states ( liquid, solid, and vapor). A planet has to have water in all three states to have life. Notice that the water is ONE element that appears in three different ways. But the water is all the same element, NOT three different elements. The same water can appear liquid, or as ice, or as a vapor. There has to be has to be water in all three states to have life.

          This declares the truth or glory of God. One has to know God is all three states, or all three ways that He appears, to have life. One has to humble themselves before God The Father and give their life to Him. One has to trust in what The Son ( Jesus ) did on the cross to pay for their sin to have life. They can not trust in any work of theirs and still have life. One has to have the Holy Spirit living in their heart to have life. BUT The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are all ONE and the same God. He is not three Gods that make up somehow One God. It was The Father Himself that came down from heaven and was born of a woman to become a Man to shed His blood for us to pay for our sins. It is His Holy Spirit that dwells is us.

          Just as the water is all the same water, God is ONE and Only ONE God. The water can appear as liquid, ice, or vapor. God can appear as The Father on the throne, or the Son to us on earth, or as the Holy Spirit which we can not see just as we can not see water vapor. It is the same ONE water just as God is the same ONE God. There can be no life where all three states of water does not exist. There can be no life without all three appearances of God. BUT there is but ONE element of water, just as there is but ONE and Only ONE God.

          There is a very narrow path for any planet to orbit it's star for it to have all three forms of the ONE element of water. If it strays out of this narrow path, it will be either too hot for liquid water or too cold for liquid water. Just as Jesus told us that the path to life is very narrow, so the path for any planet is very narrow to have natural life. This is true for even star systems that have only one star. The planet has to be in the right path for life to exist.

          If any system has more than one star any planet would get too hot and then too cold for water to exist in all three forms. There is no path in that system for life to exist. This declares the Truth of God that there is only ONE God. There can only be life in a star system that has ONE and Only ONE star. There is ONE and Only ONE God to have life.

          Look up in the sky, how many Suns do you see, there is ONE Sun, NOT three suns that make up one system.

          Our solar system is very rare and life is very rare. I think it is the only system that has life.

          Man looks for life in all the other star systems, but he will not find it. There is only life in ONE and Only ONE God. Men also look for life in all kinds of ways, but there is only ONE Way to Life.

          Deut 6

          4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 Love the Lordyour God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

          Mark 12 The Greatest Commandment


          28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

          29 The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”

          Isaiah 9

          6 For unto us a child is born, and unto us a Son is given: and the government is upon his shoulder, and he shall call his name, Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The prince of peace.

          Isaiah 43

          10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
          “and my servant whom I have chosen,
          so that you may know and believe me
          and understand that I am he.
          Before me no god was formed,
          nor will there be one after me.
          11 I, even I, am the Lord,
          and apart from me there is no savior.


          Lou Newton

          BTW - Our SON will never stop shinning.

          Can you list some way the Sun is a natural example of The Son.
          Last edited by Lou Newton; September 21, 2016, 01:02 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
            God plainly says that the heavens declare His glory. His glory is certainly Truth. So the heavens certainly declare the Truth.

            Most star systems have more than one star. We used to think that there were many that were single stars, but as we got bigger telescopes, we found that many of these had a twin star that we could not see before. As we got even bigger telescopes we found that even these twins were often two twin stars and so they were either three or four stars in their systems. The reason we could not see these stars was many were white dwarfs. White dwarfs are stars that have died and the dead star is still massive ( has a lot of matter in it) but it is very small in size. White dwarfs are only about the diameter of the earth which is tiny compared to our sun, as so hard to see from earth.

            Now many stars systems have more than one star, BUT THEY HAVE NO LIFE.

            There can be no life in any star system that has more than one star. Any planet that would orbit these stars would get very hot and then very cold and they could not have water in all three states ( liquid, solid, and vapor). A planet has to have water in all three states to have life. Notice that the water is ONE element that appears in three different ways. But the water is all the same element, NOT three different elements. The same water can appear liquid, or as ice, or as a vapor. There has to be has to be water in all three states to have life.

            This declares the truth or glory of God. One has to know God is all three states, or all three ways that He appears, to have life. One has to humble themselves before God The Father and give their life to Him. One has to trust in what The Son ( Jesus ) did on the cross to pay for their sin to have life. They can not trust in any work of theirs and still have life. One has to have the Holy Spirit living in their heart to have life. BUT The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are all ONE and the same God. He is not three Gods that make up somehow One God. It was The Father Himself that came down from heaven and was born of a woman to become a Man to shed His blood for us to pay for our sins. It is His Holy Spirit that dwells is us.

            Just as the water is all the same water, God is ONE and Only ONE God. The water can appear as liquid, ice, or vapor. God can appear as The Father on the throne, or the Son to us on earth, or as the Holy Spirit which we can not see just as we can not see water vapor. It is the same ONE water just as God is the same ONE God. There can be no life where all three states of water does not exist. There can be no life without all three appearances of God. BUT there is but ONE element of water, just as there is but ONE and Only ONE God.

            There is a very narrow path for any planet to orbit it's star for it to have all three forms of the ONE element of water. If it strays out of this narrow path, it will be either too hot for liquid water or too cold for liquid water. Just as Jesus told us that the path to life is very narrow, so the path for any planet is very narrow to have natural life. This is true for even star systems that have only one star. The planet has to be in the right path for life to exist.

            If any system has more than one star any planet would get too hot and then too cold for water to exist in all three forms. There is no path in that system for life to exist. This declares the Truth of God that there is only ONE God. There can only be life in a star system that has ONE and Only ONE star. There is ONE and Only ONE God to have life.

            Look up in the sky, how many Suns do you see, there is ONE Sun, NOT three suns that make up one system.

            Our solar system is very rare and life is very rare. I think it is the only system that has life.

            Man looks for life in all the other star systems, but he will not find it. There is only life in ONE and Only ONE God. Men also look for life in all kinds of ways, but there is only ONE Way to Life.

            Deut 6

            4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 Love the Lordyour God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

            Mark 12 The Greatest Commandment


            28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

            29 The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”

            Isaiah 9

            6 For unto us a child is born, and unto us a Son is given: and the government is upon his shoulder, and he shall call his name, Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The prince of peace.

            Isaiah 43

            10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
            “and my servant whom I have chosen,
            so that you may know and believe me
            and understand that I am he.
            Before me no god was formed,
            nor will there be one after me.
            11 I, even I, am the Lord,
            and apart from me there is no savior.


            Lou Newton

            BTW - Our SON will never stop shinning.

            Can you list some way the Sun is a natural example of The Son.
            Is there no one that finds this interesting ?
            Last edited by Lou Newton; September 21, 2016, 01:03 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT ?

              I did NOT write the Lord's message in the heavens. The Lord created that message long before He inspired men to write the Bible.

              Many that do not believe ( and also many that claim to believe) claim the Bible was written by men and so it is not totally true, or even claim none of it is true.

              But no sane person can claim that the message the heavens declare was created by any mere man.

              I have heard many claim they would like to have a way to prove The Bible is true to those who doubt.

              The message is the heavens is a way to prove just that.

              Not only do many doubt the Bible is true, but also almost everyone has a different interpretation of what the Bible says.

              The message in the heavens was created long before the Bible was written down by men.

              There is no creature that has ever lived that had eyes that could see, that has not seen the message God wrote in the heavens.

              Think of that; no creature that had eyes has ever lived that has not seen the message that God wrote in the heavens.

              This is why Paul could say ( not really Paul, but The Holy Spirit)

              Romans 1

              18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

              It is only because of this message from God, to the creation, that God can execute judgment on everyone. For all have seen His message in the creation, one way or another.

              Everyone can see that darkness is time of danger. Walk through a city at night and you may be mugged. In the wild animals are much more dangerous in the darkness.

              But even at night there is some light by which we may see. Where does that light come from ? It comes from the Sun and is reflected by the moon. Just as the true body of Christ reflects His light to the world that is in darkness.

              It is the light of the Sun that causes plants to have life. There would be no life without the Sun. Just as there is no real life without light from The Lord Jesus.

              Everyone can see that the earth gets much colder at night from the Sun only being gone for a few hours. We know how cold Pluto is because it is so far from the Sun. The Sun is what gives us heat so we can live and not freeze to death. It is the WARM mercy of The Lord that causes us to repent and be forgiven and have life. We see how cold those who reject His mercy get and how cruel they can become.

              Look at all of the different kinds of plants. BUT no plant will survive over time if it does not reproduce. Every plant has to produce seed that will fall to the ground and be buried and die. Then it will rise from the earth and bring forth life up to 100 fold. Just as our dear Lord died and was buried to raise Himself from the dead and bring forth eternal life many times over.

              This is also an illustration that homosexuality is not the way to life. Two of the same sex can not reproduce and bring forth life.

              Water is so necessary for us to have life. It rains or snows in the mountains and flows in streams to the sea. Without the light from the Sun most of the earth could not support life. Because the light from the Sun causes the water in the sea to rise up into the clouds and then the wind blows those clouds over the mountains to rain and snow again. The light from the Sun is gives the energy needed for this life water cycle. There is no real life cycle without Light from The Lord Jesus. No man can understand mere ink on paper unless The Holy Spirit of Jesus brings understanding to Him. He then can encourage others to seek The Lord for understanding. It is the light from the Sun that causes the water to flow around the earth, just as light from Jesus causes the water of the Word to flow around the world.

              Most of the matter in our solar system is in the Sun. Very little is in all the other objects like planets, asteroids and comets. One might think a body as large as Jupiter would contain quite a bit of matter. But Jupiter is not dense and the Sun is very dense at it's core. ( this is because the larger the object the stronger the force of gravity becomes) The core of the Sun contains most of the matter in the Sun. The closer you get to the center, the more dense the matter becomes. This is why the Sun contains most of the matter in our system.

              Even in diameter, the Sun is so much larger that any other object in our system. The Sun contains 333,000 times the mass of the earth. But what is the mass of the earth compared to a mere man. The earth weighs about 6,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms. But a human only weighs about 60 kilograms. So the earth is about 600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times more massive than most humans.

              BUT the Sun is 333,000 times the mass of the earth. So the Sun is about 200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times the mass of a human. Certainly that number is far beyond my ability to understand. The magnitude of the Sun is far beyond our understanding just as The Lord is far beyond our understanding. That is an actual representation that this scripture is TRUE:

              Romans 11 Doxology

              33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
              How unsearchable his judgments,
              and his paths beyond tracing out!

              34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord?
              Or who has been his counselor?”
              35 “Who has ever given to God,
              that God should repay them?”
              36 For from him and through him and for him are all things.
              To him be the glory forever! Amen.

              What holds our whole solar system together. It is the force of gravity from the Sun. Every object in our system orbits around the Sun. The force from the Sun controls our whole system. Every human revolves around The Lord and His truth, even those who deny that He exists. Jump off of a high cliff without a parachute or wing suit and try to ignore His law of gravity. That will bring death. Just as ignoring His spiritual laws will bring eternal death.

              No man, or even any group of men, can break God's law of conservation of energy and matter. No man can destroy matter or energy. Nor can man create matter or energy. He can put matter in the right circumstances to change some matter to energy, but he can not create or destroy either.

              This is an illustration of the fact that no man can disobey God's spiritual laws. It may look like he can for a short period of time, but in the end God's laws will prevail.

              Lou Newton



              Last edited by Lou Newton; September 21, 2016, 02:21 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I see it everyday and am very thankful for it. Unfortunately we live in a very high stress society that does not allow people to stop and smell the flowers and enjoy the creation for a moment in the busy day. I try to stop and smell my flowers when ever I walk by them.
                But I would not be aware of anything if God hadn't made me aware and opened my eyes a little bit. I say a little bit because there is still so much I am blind to.
                I can see that the gravity of the sun holds the entire physical world together and the gravity or force of pull that the Lord puts forth is spiritual and similar in fashion as it draws all to Him. We are free to resist but the pull is there. I don't know why some are chosen and some are not, but I am thankful that I am able to see what I am able to see. God is so generous and kind to a poor sinner like me. Anyone is free to pursue Him and taste of His precious love and mercies.
                Anytime I try to go it alone I fail terribly and find myself in a bad place. Anytime I seek the Lord early and lean on Him and keep bringing it to the throne; I wind up freed in the end and saved from my enemies.
                Yet it is still a test for me. I have not reached the milestone where I can undergo all types of trials and tests and not be alarmed or dismayed by any of what is transpiring during the exam. I am a wreck and need constant reassurance. I keep going to the Lord and He sends the people to help me. But I see how weak and poor in spirit I am how needy for direction I am because I am blind spiritually for the most part.
                I need mercy all day long and the heavens are there for me to look up at and be reminded that if He keeps all this together for ever and ever as far back as we have recorded, He can most assuredly keep me together for His purpose which I am trying to fit into to the best of my ability. The rest is up to Him. Otherwise there is no hope for me. Without the Lord to intervene for me I am already lost.
                Thanks for the study Lou. I didn't mean to side track but that is how the creation helps me stay humble. I look up and I know this is not a chance happening and that a design needs a designer. This creation is a beautiful and glorious thing. How could it not be created and just evolved on it's own?
                I see how everyone is without excuse. Blessings ..... Steve

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
                  I see it everyday and am very thankful for it. Unfortunately we live in a very high stress society that does not allow people to stop and smell the flowers and enjoy the creation for a moment in the busy day. I try to stop and smell my flowers when ever I walk by them.
                  But I would not be aware of anything if God hadn't made me aware and opened my eyes a little bit. I say a little bit because there is still so much I am blind to.
                  I can see that the gravity of the sun holds the entire physical world together and the gravity or force of pull that the Lord puts forth is spiritual and similar in fashion as it draws all to Him. We are free to resist but the pull is there. I don't know why some are chosen and some are not, but I am thankful that I am able to see what I am able to see. God is so generous and kind to a poor sinner like me. Anyone is free to pursue Him and taste of His precious love and mercies.
                  Anytime I try to go it alone I fail terribly and find myself in a bad place. Anytime I seek the Lord early and lean on Him and keep bringing it to the throne; I wind up freed in the end and saved from my enemies.
                  Yet it is still a test for me. I have not reached the milestone where I can undergo all types of trials and tests and not be alarmed or dismayed by any of what is transpiring during the exam. I am a wreck and need constant reassurance. I keep going to the Lord and He sends the people to help me. But I see how weak and poor in spirit I am how needy for direction I am because I am blind spiritually for the most part.
                  I need mercy all day long and the heavens are there for me to look up at and be reminded that if He keeps all this together for ever and ever as far back as we have recorded, He can most assuredly keep me together for His purpose which I am trying to fit into to the best of my ability. The rest is up to Him. Otherwise there is no hope for me. Without the Lord to intervene for me I am already lost.
                  Thanks for the study Lou. I didn't mean to side track but that is how the creation helps me stay humble. I look up and I know this is not a chance happening and that a design needs a designer. This creation is a beautiful and glorious thing. How could it not be created and just evolved on it's own?
                  I see how everyone is without excuse. Blessings ..... Steve
                  Thanks for the reply Steve. That is an outstanding testimony to The Lord Jesus and His mercy and grace. That is our purpose on this earth to do just that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I really enjoyed the water analogy, Lou. It's excellent.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The water analogy might be the best thing I've heard to explain God to myself and to others. And even the age of the universe being very old because it has to be to represent the God who lives outside of time and is it's creator. Great read. Especially when Steve says that we see just but a little bit.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                        I really enjoyed the water analogy, Lou. It's excellent.
                        Redsox wrote :
                        The water analogy might be the best thing I've heard to explain God to myself and to others. And even the age of the universe being very old because it has to be to represent the God who lives outside of time and is it's creator. Great read. Especially when Steve says that we see just but a little bit.
                        Thanks for the replies Barry and Tom. It is hard to keep writing when I do not get feedback from people.

                        Both comments are very good and valuable, thanks again.

                        I will try to add to the water analogy.

                        If one would take a container of water and it was liquid at that temperature and heat it so that all the water became a vapor; it would still be the same exact water. Then if they froze that container of water to get ice, it would still be the same exact water.

                        Just because the water changes in appearance, it is the still the same exact water molecules.

                        The water would change in appearance, and those that did not know about water would think it changed into some other substance.

                        But those that understood water would know that the substance of the water did not change one tiny bit. It is still the same essence or substance.

                        God created water to illustrate His glory to all who would seek His Truth.

                        God created water to be a shadow of His Nature in many ways:

                        Life can only take place on a planet that , not only has water, but it has to have water in all three forms.

                        Water exists in the solid state on many bodies in the solar system. But liquid water does not exist anywhere but our Earth.

                        So we see liquid water is necessary for life to take place. But water vapor must also exist on any planet for life to take place.

                        Without the Sun to provide heat to evaporate liquid water into vapor and make the clouds, we would have no rain and no water cycle. Before it rained on the earth, there was still a water cycle. The Sun evaporated the liquid water into vapor and that vapor into clouds, the wind blew the clouds over the land and the cool of the night made the water vapor fall as dew, instead of rain.

                        So we see that there has to be liquid water and water vapor to have life. But there also has to be solid water, or ice for life to take place.

                        Water is very rare in that liquid water increases in volume when it becomes solid, or ice. This means in winter when the lakes and streams of water freeze, the ice FLOATS on top ( because it increased in volume) and insulates the rest of the lake from freezing. This mean that the life that is in that lake can survive the winter. If water did not increase in volume when it became ice, then the life in all these bodies of water would die. So the ice makes it possible for life to survive the cold extremes of winter. Of course that is only possible for a planet that is in the "Goldilocks" zone and the right distance from the star.

                        So for a planet to support life, it has to have water in all three forms.

                        Just as a human has to have all three "forms" of one God to have eternal life.

                        But back to the water in the container:

                        God appears to as The Father on the Throne, The Son, and His Holy Spirit; all three forms are the same God and are of the same essence.

                        Just as the same water changes it's appearance, so the same One God appears to us as the Son and as The Holy Spirit in our hearts.

                        Ephesians 5:25-27New American Standard Bible (NASB)


                        25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

                        We can see here that The Lord refers to The Word as being like water. Of course The Word is Christ Himself, and not The Holy Scriptures. The Pharisees read and even memorized whole books of the Bible but were NOT cleansed. Only Jesus can make anyone clean. Ink on paper can not make anyone clean.

                        That is what water baptism is all about. The natural water can not save, but the natural water is a symbol of the water of the Word that can save if the persons heart is right with God.

                        God uses natural WATER as a symbol of His Spiritual water. Just as natural water is a shadow also of His Nature.

                        The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are all ONE God Almighty. They are all the same ONE person. He is all the same ONE essence:

                        Philippians 2

                        5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

                        6Who, being in very nature God,
                        did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
                        7 rather, he made himself nothing
                        by taking the very nature of a servant,
                        being made in human likeness.
                        8 And being found in appearance as a man,
                        he humbled himself
                        by becoming obedient to death—
                        even death on a cross!

                        9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
                        and gave him the name that is above
                        every name,
                        10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
                        in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
                        11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
                        to the glory of God the Father.

                        We can see here that God is saying that Christ is of the same nature, or essence, or substance that God The Father is.

                        But just as the water in the jar can become liquid, solid, or vapor:

                        The ONE and ONLY God Almighty can be Father, Son and Holy Spirit and all are of the same essence or all are the same person.

                        In fact the Name of Jesus is the very HIGHEST NAME OF GOD. That is because Jesus displayed the very highest nature of God.

                        THE HIGHEST NATURE OF GOD IS NOT HIS POWER

                        THE HIGHEST NATURE OF GOD IS HIS HUMILITY


                        This is why Jesus was rejected by the Pharisees and so many today who seek power instead of humility, still reject who Jesus Truly is today.

                        Deut 6

                        4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates.

                        Mark 12 The Greatest Commandment


                        28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

                        29 The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’There is no commandment greater than these.”

                        Isaiah 9

                        6 For unto us a child is born, and unto us a Son is given: and the government is upon his shoulder, and he shall call his name, Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The prince of peace.

                        Isaiah 43

                        10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
                        “and my servant whom I have chosen,
                        so that you may know and believe me
                        and understand that I am he.
                        Before me no god was formed,
                        nor will there be one after me.
                        11 I, even I, am the Lord,
                        and apart from me there is no savior.

                        I get no credit for preaching this gospel for He compels me to preach it, plus my preaching is in need of forgiveness for it's poorness.


                        24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

                        His bond servant,
                        Lou Newton
                        Last edited by Lou Newton; September 22, 2016, 01:49 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Amen, Lou.

                          But I disagree in part here.

                          Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
                          I get no credit for preaching this gospel for He compels me to preach it, plus my preaching is in need of forgiveness for it's poorness.[/B]
                          As it is written,

                          Mat 10:40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. 41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. 42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

                          God bless you.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Our rewards are not always realized in this life. We are certainly cared for and watched over by Him, but I know that if I was to receive the fruits of all my labors on earth without all the adversity I have undergone; I may not be walking with the Lord. Success in material ways almost assuredly causes us loss. We as men are unable to recognize the loss until it's too late.
                            So God, in His infinite mercies, protects us from our own foolishness. I should have made immense amounts of money over the past 10 years, but something always interfered and basically snatched it out of my hands. I believe this was from the Lord. Even if in part. He was and is protecting me from my own selfish nature. If I receive too much I will sin against Him. We are almost all like this. That's why in Proverbs 30 the preacher asks:

                            Pro 30:7 Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die:
                            Pro 30:8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.
                            Pro 30:9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

                            God bless you too Barry.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That was really awsome Barry,Steve, and Lou. I can see all points of view. It's good for Lou to see what he lacks, but it's also good for Barry and Steve to see Jesus in these writingsituations, because I get a witness that he surely is. God is so amazing, he keeps the bulk of our riches away from us, lest we ruin it or lose it. How awsome is that! And no one ever, ever loses something that God gives them. And he is able to help us follow him, if we are willing. The whole gospel is located in if we are willing. Or, God help us be willing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X