We live in a very special time - Lawrence Krauss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We live in a very special time - Lawrence Krauss

Lawrence M. Krauss is a theoretical physicist, cosmologist, and an atheist.

Quote 1:
    “In 5 billion years, the expansion of the universe will have progressed to the point where all other galaxies will have receded beyond detection. Indeed, they will be receding faster than the speed of light, so detection will be impossible. Future civilizations will discover science and all its laws, and never know about other galaxies or the cosmic background radiation. They will inevitably come to the wrong conclusion about the universe......We live in a special time, the only time, where we can observationally verify that we live in a special time.”
    -- Lawrence M. Krauss, A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather Than Nothing

Quote 2:
    "We live in a very special time. Meaning we live in the only time when we can verify we live in a very special time. What I mean by that is we appear to live in a strange in the history of the universe, which iscausing us some conern. Because we're living at the only time when the energy of empty space is about the same as the energy of matter. At all earlier times the energy of matter was much greater than that of empty space. And at all later times in the history of the universe the energy of empty space will be much greater than that of matter. We're living at a time when those two numbers are about the same. Why? Why 13.7 billion years after the Big Bang, at some random time, in the middle of nowhere, should we be living at such a special moment in the history of the universe? We don't understand it. And moreover, as a result we actually are living in the only time when we could actually know about the dark energy. In the far future, it turns out, all evidence of the Big Bang will disappear. And we would have no way to measure the dark energy that's in empty space. At earlier times the energy in empty space would have been irrelevant to determining the dynamics of the universe, and we wouldn't have known about it. We're living at the only time we could have measured that. All these things are rather strange, and we don't know why they're occurring right now. It's a mystery that's frustrating many of us."
    -- Lawrence Krauss, The Principle (outtake)

We are living in a very special time indeed. That is because the Creator of everything that exists planned it this way. These men are frustrated because all this evidence points to a Creator and they know it. The evidence is pointing to someone they do not want to believe in.

We live in a very, very special time:

One could put "very" many times in that sentence to really be correct. For us to exist in the short time frame in a almost 14 billion year window is really very very special. In almost 14 billion years since the Creation, man has only existed in it for a few thousand years. Special indeed.

Our earth is the only body where the ECLIPSE of the sun and Moon take place. This has been confirmed by computer models that were programmed to study these events. Jupiter has 61 moons and Saturn has about the same number. Some of those moons are larger than Mercury. Pluto has four moons and they all have the same one Sun of course. But not one of the bodies in our solar system experiences ECLIPSES of the Sun or the Moon. But we experience BOTH.

FURTHER these eclipses have not always taken place. The Sun and moon are both at the perfect distance where they both appear the same size to us. That fact makes an eclipse possible. If either one was at a different distance from the earth there would be no eclipse. Remember that the orbits of both the earth and moon must also be in the same plane. BUT that fact was not always true. Computer models have shown us that the sun and moon have both been at the PERFECT SIZE AND DISTANCE ever since creatures with eyes have been on the earth.

So even the dinosaurs that had eyes could see The Lord's message that the ECLIPSE of the Sun and Moon proclaim:

Joel 2

I will show wonders in the heavens
    and on the earth,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
    31The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood

before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
    32 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved;

Acts 2

“‘In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your young men will see visions,
    your old men will dream dreams.
    18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
    and they will prophesy.
    19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
    and signs on the earth below,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
    20The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood

before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
    21 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

The Revelation 6

12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake.The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

God has been proclaiming this message to every creature that had eyes to see ever since they have existed.

It must be a very important message.
    Psalm 19New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 19[a]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
    2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    3 They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
    4 Yet their voice
    goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.

In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
    5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
    like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
    6 It rises at one end of the heavens
    and makes its circuit to the other;
    nothing is deprived of its warmth.

It must be a very important message indeed. We live in a very very special time to be able to see this message.

YET almost everyone ignores this message from God.

They may even look at the message yet they do not bother to ask God what His message is and what does it mean.
    Last edited by Lou Newton; October 1, 2016, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Messages in the cosmos.

Comment

That's pretty amazing stuff right there. What else does Krauss say about the creation? Even worse, but somehow interesting, is the professing church doesn't have a clue, but yet another outright atheist is struggling with Jesus's message.

Comment

Originally posted by redsoxmaloney View Post
          That's pretty amazing stuff right there. What else does Krauss say about the creation? Even worse, but somehow interesting, is the professing church doesn't have a clue, but yet another outright atheist is struggling with Jesus's message.
          Steve wrote:
          Messages in the cosmos.
          Thanks for the replies Steve and Tom.

Does anyone wonder what God's message is in the Eclipse ?

Comment

So I think that I have it. During an eclipse of the sun, the moon blocks the sun's light. So that means the church gets in the way of the world seeing Christ. But the part that blocks is the professing church, and not the believers, because we always see the same side of the moon. So the world always sees the same side of the church. So when we have an eclipse of the moon, the earth blocks light from getting to the moon. That means the professing church let's the world get in the way of seeing Christ.

Comment

Working...
            X