Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isaac called me and said he made two posts. But they did not show up in new posts for me to approve. I also looked in ADMIN and nothing showed up.

So I emailed him and asked ho where he posted them. When I went to the threads that he said he posted on, there they were, In
    The Book of Daniel" and " In the beginning there was The Word".

So I wonder if others have posted and they did not show up to be approved, so they are still hidden from view.

Originally posted by Lou Newton View Post
    Isaac called me and said he made two posts. But they did not show up in new posts for me to approve. I also looked in ADMIN and nothing showed up.

So I emailed him and asked ho where he posted them. When I went to the threads that he said he posted on, there they were, In
    The Book of Daniel" and " In the beginning there was The Word".

So I wonder if others have posted and they did not show up to be approved, so they are still hidden from view.
    Lou, you are the moderator on the Inner House forums and Lou Newton's Forums. Anyone posting in these forums must wait for approval before others can see their post.

I recall it was this way on the previous site, as well. I think this was done to insure that posts in these few areas undergo a review before they go live.

1. But I also recall that vBulletin 4 displayed a message explaining that the post would not show up until a moderator approved it. This informative behavior seems to be missing in vBulletin 5; I don't think anyone appreciates the lack of feedback from the product if a post is not going to show up immediately. I will have to open a ticket to question tech support about it.

2. Also, the posts awaiting moderation are not showing up in the moderator queue. At one point they were. Not sure what has changed.

Just to let you all know what to expect: I've had three tickets open for a week and vBulletin hasn't gotten back to me on any of them. Please bear with us. It would be a good idea to start a sticky thread to track known issues. I'll do that this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post

Lou, you are the moderator on the Inner House forums and Lou Newton's Forums. Anyone posting in these forums must wait for approval before others can see their post.

I recall it was this way on the previous site, as well. I think this was done to insure that posts in these few areas undergo a review before they go live.

1. But I also recall that vBulletin 4 displayed a message explaining that the post would not show up until a moderator approved it. This informative behavior seems to be missing in vBulletin 5; I don't think anyone appreciates the lack of feedback from the product if a post is not going to show up immediately. I will have to open a ticket to question tech support about it.

2. Also, the posts awaiting moderation are not showing up in the moderator queue. At one point they were. Not sure what has changed.

Just to let you all know what to expect: I've had three tickets open for a week and vBulletin hasn't gotten back to me on any of them. Please bear with us. It would be a good idea to start a sticky thread to track known issues. I'll do that this weekend.

Thanks Barry. I am sorry for all the extra wok this is making for you.

Comment

Working...
      X