This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with vBulletin 5

I'm starting this sticky topic to track issues with vBulletin 5. It will be a closed topic to keep it a clear source of info. It is only a FYI for everyone so you can see what the issues are/were, what the status is, and what was done if they are resolved. I thought you all might appreciate this, considering it may save time and frustration if an issue is already being tracked.

Desc: Trouble in the editor (Steve, Lou, and Barry report auto-save error messages and some loss of work)
    Ticketid: 1437263
    Response: When logging in are these users selecting the "Remember Me" box? If not, is it taking more than 15 minutes to create a post? You're using the default and after 15 minutes of inactivity, they would get logged out. Auto-save should reset this timer. I've updated the timer to 30 minutes to see if that will alleviate your issues.
    Next step: Gathering more info from our users. I (Barry) have not seen this issue after checking "Remember Me" and the timer increase.
    Workaround: None.

Desc: Large topics take a very long time to open
    Ticketid: 1444320
    Response: This is a known issue.
    Next step: Awaiting fix in later release.
    Workaround: In the meantime it is best to close large threads and create new ones.

Desc: Moderated forums show no message when replying
    Ticketid: 1436271
    Response: This is a known issue.

Desc: Incorrectly reported unpublished posts (orange triangle icon with "!")
    Ticketid: 1434196
    Response: Support verified, and opened a bug report for it here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15102.

Desc: Request to increase global font size
    Ticketid: 1433846
    Response: You cannot edit Themes at all. So, if you like a theme and want to change a couple of things to become your site style, go to Styles & Templates > find theme you like > Select Create Child Style to that theme. You will then be able to edit the stylevars in that new child style. You may want to take a look at this helpful stylevar page for vB5 - ​http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/stylevars.
    Next step: Administrators will study docs, and try a child theme.
    Workaround: Use your web browser settings to adjust how it displays text. This is a better alternative for some folks.

Desc: Custom smilies broke
    Ticketid: 1434422
    Response: Custom smilies are not migrated. They need to be re-uploaded.
    Last edited by Baruch; October 18th, 2015, 05:01 PM.

bump ..

Comment

Working...
    X