R.C. Sproul - What God has provided in His Son Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.C. Sproul - What God has provided in His Son Jesus

"How can you believe in a God who is so narrow minded that He would only provide One way of salvation to a world? Who is this God?"

7 minutes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSuEDzHK3hs

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    "How can you believe in a God who is so narrow minded that He would only provide One way of salvation to a world? Who is this God?"

7 minutes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSuEDzHK3hs

Thanks Barry.

There is one and only one God.

Only God can save, for only He is righteous.

That is the reality.

That requires a very narrow way to salvation.

Truth is like an arrow and narrow is the gate that it passes through ( Bob Dylan)

There are not multiple truths. There is but one truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
      Baruch, is this a rhetorical question or are you serious?

Comment

Who? He is the most generous being in the creation. Nobody gives more and receives less than He deserves. He is robbed daily of the glory and honor due a great King. I am thankful for how tolerant "this God" is. Instead of questioning why only one way to salvation, we should be rejoicing that there is a way. Certainly it's much better than no way.

Comment

Originally posted by glen smith View Post

Baruch, is this a rhetorical question or are you serious?
          It is the question posed in the opening of the video, Glen, to which Sproul then responds.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hollander View Post
            Who? He is the most generous being in the creation. Nobody gives more and receives less than He deserves. He is robbed daily of the glory and honor due a great King. I am thankful for how tolerant "this God" is. Instead of questioning why only one way to salvation, we should be rejoicing that there is a way. Certainly it's much better than no way.
            Amen, Steve. And yet there are many who want to keep their old lives, not realizing they are built upon flesh and will perish. It is they who question "Why can't I keep this way, in which I've invested so much of my life, and still get into heaven? My way promises me heaven. How can there be only one way, why not many ways? Who is this other God to make such an exclusive claim?"

Comment

Baurch, Thanks. Earlier, my platform would not support this format. Do not understand what was the problem.

What a powerful and simple idea for apologetics!
              Ask,
              "Did (insert a name or objection) die for your the forgiveness of your unrighteousness?
              Jesus, the Son of God did!"

Repeat as many time as there are objections.

End with,
              "Can you stand before the Creator and question Him on why He made only one way for the forgiveness of sin?
              Could You also have made the goddess Venus be a way to eternal life?"
              Last edited by glen smith; December 20, 2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X